Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

American Peoples Convoy Protest

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:52 am That's a whole lotta WTF with cray cray sprinkles served on a broken plate. Be careful with that axe Eugene.
Hey now, I will give him some credit.He can definitely sword dance -- and flag dance.

The rest, not so sure of. Do you notice he is always flying solo?

It is even mean of me to take pot shots at some dude who has likely mental illness.

Way sure I did not sign-up for that.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:lol:
Herhoneydew @Herhoneydew1 wrote: Are you kidding?? A David Ridell bobble head #1776rm
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

A chucklehead bobblehead. A chucklebobble?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

So this is where we are. Golden Chariot pimping pre-paid legal (MLM) :biggrin:

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Legal help? Will they protect me when I make a touristy tour of the Capitol :?:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

So they only answer legal questions? No representation in court? Not writing papers to be filed for them? $30 a month for stuff they can look up? Do they give them chapter and verse of the UCC for their $30?

And that guy has the most irritating voice I've heard in a long time.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:39 pm So they only answer legal questions? No representation in court? Not writing papers to be filed for them? $30 a month for stuff they can look up? Do they give them chapter and verse of the UCC for their $30?

And that guy has the most irritating voice I've heard in a long time.
:shrug:

I dunno. But he can twirl a baton or flag really well. Patriot! However, he and his meth-mouth are unstable.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

No one anymore at the protest corner at the D.C. gulag. Sad. It was fun for a time with music and stuff. Now nobody there manning the site. Local authorities still keep the barricades in place. The vigil for Ashli and the J6 detainees.

1791 Storm Trooper is still on the scene vigilantly -- stoned outa his mind. :popcorn:

But then sometimes they show up.

jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Cross posted in Canada thread.

Report finds that Trudeau acted appropriately by invoking the Emergencies Act during the Freedom Convoy protest.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poec-r ... -1.6750919

Lots of criticism of Doug Ford’s government.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Welp, UPDATE.

Nothing happening. This disintegrated in a manner I didn't expect. I have a youtube sub account subscribed to all the prolific previous streamers from the convoy. It's all dead. They are still out there. "Santa" still rambles on for an hour+ every two days --

You get OeroExpress going on about whatever he is feeling about transgender people.

Stoner 1st Responder Media is still a stoner.

Rinse, repeat for the whole lot of them...

etc, etc.

:shrug:
"
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Thx neonx. I guess the convoy achieved all its objectives which were … ah, um, I couldn't remember what it was about so I looked again at page 1 of this thread and … I still don't know.

It apparently was not left wing or right wing, no, all christian dominionists were welcome. It wanted the government to honour the constitution, whatever that means (probably including those special parts about enforcing the supremacy of protestant christianity). Oh, and the election was rigged.

It seems that ultimately it was simply a flocking event for elderly Trumpistas, where they could bask in the agreement of like-minded assholes.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:47 am Thx neonx. I guess the convoy achieved all its objectives which were … ah, um, I couldn't remember what it was about so I looked again at page 1 of this thread and … I still don't know.

It apparently was not left wing or right wing, no, all christian dominionists were welcome. It wanted the government to honour the constitution, whatever that means (probably including those special parts about enforcing the supremacy of protestant christianity). Oh, and the election was rigged.

It seems that ultimately it was simply a flocking event for elderly Trumpistas, where they could bask in the agreement of like-minded assholes.
LOL. It wasn't just elderly Trumpistas. They were all a bit wack-a-doodle in the head.

I, too, can't remember what their mission was either -- it was so vague. Also, too, it seemed all white. :shrug:

When they went to Washington D.C. and made their so cleverly arranged traffic stoppage on the freeways surrounding the city, I was lmao. DId they make the national news? Nope. Were the cops nice? Yep. Leaders still got ticketed and warrants put out for their arrest.

In D.C. proper, no you cannot camp on the Mall. And no, you can't sleep in your vehicle. You can come and protest anything you want, but there are basic rules.

So then they leave and go hide in the woods. :lol:

I dunno, I'd hoped I think for a bigger flame out. There is old 80s Def Leppard song, "Rock of Ages" with a lyric "It's better to burn out than to fade away." -- The convoy just faded away. :shrug:
► Show Spoiler
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Yes, you're right about the not-always-elderly. And their lack of melanin.

I agree, it's disappointing how too few stupid right-wing nutjob stunts end in a spectacular crash and burn as we'd wish (because :twisted: ).

And how many never actually happen. Such as Kraptain Karl's krappy American Muppet Force never actually tried to encircle state Capitols (I think he was saying "we'll be protesting until they give in!" but actually nobody, not even he, turned up, iirc). And his Armada never set happened - I'm sure I wasn't the only one hoping to see these nutters go out in their little boats, get seasick, very bored, and start arguments and fisticuffs. Somebody would probably have been hurt, perhaps a few drowned, which wouldn't actually bother me greatly (on the FAFO principle, or simply "actions have consequences").
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

What did Santa get for Christmas? :think:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:21 pm What did Santa get for Christmas? :think:
Nothing from me.

He is back to driving his rig to make money. I guess the grift dried up. :shrug: He still can't (or won't) find a barber to trim/groom/clean-up the horrid messy beard he has. :cantlook:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I am not going to post all 3 hours of stoner BS. But here is the end. If you are on your computer skip forward or back from where I marked it if you wish.

It must be nice that none of these people have had to work for the past couple years. AND, look at how respectful the DC law enforcement has maintained their protest area during these two years.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Oldie but a goodie.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Okay, I do it for the people so you don't have to.

I went and investigated what the Convoy is up to. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The players still post vids but they are not anything to do with any organized movement. I scanned and searched for a video to post here, but there is nothing worthy. It's a very sad parade.

Sorry peeps.

But, I'm gonna give you one, just so you know I love you. Golden Chariot rides again.

Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

neonzx wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:20 pm Okay, I do it for the people so you don't have to.
But, I'm gonna give you one, just so you know I love you. Golden Chariot rides again.

Not gonna lie, that's two minutes of my life I'll never get back.

That video is an HOUR long!
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Azastan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:57 pm
neonzx wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:20 pm Okay, I do it for the people so you don't have to.

Not gonna lie, that's two minutes of my life I'll never get back.

That video is an HOUR long!
Yes, but see, you know I love you. Plus, you can skip through and around in that video. The GC was on a Walmart mission for supplies. He even bought DIAPERS. (but he notes he doesn't know sizing not being a father himself). This is quality TV! And I appreciate knowing that I have not missed being in a Walmart in several years.

I could have done you worse. Santa droning on-and-on for more than an hour. Or crazy dude Josh/Oreo also every show is more than one hour of nothingness.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

This was obvious with the Bundy cult and has gotten worse. Anyone with a phone and an inflated view of self is a "journalist" or a media star, and every mundane thing they do must be preserved for history. (Until the law wants it, then DELETE DELETE DELETE).
bob

Post by bob »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:47 amI guess the convoy achieved all its objectives which were … ah, um, I couldn't remember what it was about so I looked again at page 1 of this thread and … I still don't know.
"For completeness," this convey protest grift was in response to/in support of the original 2022 Canadian protest, which actually was protesting ... requiring cross-border truckers to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bob wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:27 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:47 amI guess the convoy achieved all its objectives which were … ah, um, I couldn't remember what it was about so I looked again at page 1 of this thread and … I still don't know.
"For completeness," this convey protest grift was in response to/in support of the original 2022 Canadian protest, which actually was protesting ... requiring cross-border truckers to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
That was part 1. Part 2 was sitting in lawn chairs and hillbillying the National Mall while hassling educating passerby. And doing drugs.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:31 pm
bob wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:27 pm
That was part 1. Part 2 was sitting in lawn chairs and hillbillying the National Mall while hassling educating passerby. And doing drugs.
And poop buckets. Very important component of the movement.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

neonzx wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:07 pm And I appreciate knowing that I have not missed being in a Walmart in several years.

I could have done you worse. Santa droning on-and-on for more than an hour. Or crazy dude Josh/Oreo also every show is more than one hour of nothingness.
You know, those are very good points. So, thank you for sparing me losing 58 minutes of my life for not having to wade through it.

Return to “Current Politics”