American Peoples Convoy Protest

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Re: American Peoples Convoy Protest

Post by LM K »

If you're interested in watching Santa's rant, rather than a recap of his rant, start watching at approx 32:00.

At first you don't see Santa, but you can hear him very clearly. Oreo then moves the camera to Santa within about 15 seconds.

"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

LM K wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:31 pm For several days, 1776 has been throwing rocks at counterprotesters.

Today a police officer explained to Lori Arnold that, even if an object doesn't hit you, throwing rocks at you is assault in WV.

I fully expect one of the counterprotesters to file charges for rock throwing. That hasn't been mentioned yet, but now that counterprotesters know that it's assault even if they aren't hit, I'll be shocked if no one files charges over rock throwing. Rocks are thrown every day/night. They'll be thrown today or tonight. Unless 1776 listens to Lori's livestream.

Frankly, counterprotesters don't need to wait for rocks to be thrown again. Previous incidents are probably on video. If rock throwing happened of the WV side of the state line, the counterprotesters can file charges.
IANAL, and perhaps the IAALs on this board can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that, in just about every jurisdiction, assault is defined along the lines of "any threat or action that would lead a reasonable person to fear for their safetey or the safety of others". It does not require physical contact or actually attempting to carry out the threat (that's battery).

IOW, if I point a gun at someone, that is likely an assault, even if I don't pull the trigger. A reasonable person would be fearful if someone pointed a gun at them. And it doesn't matter if I claim that the gun I pointed was not loaded. The first rule of gun safety is "all guns must be assumed to be loaded at all times", so a reasonable person, looking down the barrel of a gun is wise to assume that it is loaded.

If a Hells Angels biker comes at me with a motorcycle chain, yelling "I'm going to kill you", that's assault, even if he stops short.

OTOH, if a six year old kid throws a tantrum and says he's going to kill me, that is probably not legally an assault, because it is probably not reasonable to believe a six year old can carry out the threat. (It always amazes me how often the word "reasonable" appears in the law, when they try so hard to make it as precise as possible).

So, it seems to me that it doesn't matter much whether the rock-throwing happens on the WV or VA side of the border. It is probably assault in VA, as well. It just happened to be a WV police office who explained the law to her. I'm pretty sure that a VA cop would agree.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

noblepa wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:54 pm
IANAL, and perhaps the IAALs on this board can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that, in just about every jurisdiction, assault is defined along the lines of "any threat or action that would lead a reasonable person to fear for their safetey or the safety of others". It does not require physical contact or actually attempting to carry out the threat (that's battery).
The only battery charge in MS is sexual battery, so it's very possible WV and VA have different laws, too.
bob

Post by bob »

Under common law (from Ye Olde England*), battery was the offensive touching, assault was the attempt (or threat) to.

But, over time, various states amended their laws in various ways. So "assault" could now mean various things to various people from various states.

Regardless, anyone with an IQ above room temperature should know that hitting someone with a rock is a crime. And anyone who has watched any TV in the last six decades should be aware that "attempted [crime]" also is a crime.

It is difficult to comprehend someone believing throwing rocks at someone else but missing isn't a crime, and becomes one only if you hit them.

But the convoy isn't sending its best. Unless it is.

* Not applicable in Louisiana.
Image ImageImage
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

However you define assault or battery, it seems rock throwing at people is juvenile. And it is elderly gray beards doing it here.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Matches the age group of the other eight year old throwing ketchup.... :twisted:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

With all the cordless devices available, I would expect more battery charges.

I'll do a Frater |*| now.
101010 :towel:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

northland10 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:48 pm Which camp? Bunker Hill or that county camp where Santa went?

ETA: sorry for the laziness on videos, but they take longer than reading which is an issue when time is short, and I really am not into that video thing for this type of information. I like to read it.
I resemble that remark.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I thought it was just me.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

northland10 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:18 pm With all the cordless devices available, I would expect more battery charges.

I'll do a Frater |*| now.
:rimshot:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
LM K

Post by LM K »

1776 is claiming that they have to leave because the owner is expanding his business and needs the parking space.

What a coincidence! Suicide Squad shows up, super duper pisses off 1776 AND the neighbors. A few days later, and the landlord show up. Last Thur or Fri , 1776 tried to keep the landlord off his property!!

2-3 business days later, the landlord showed up...

EVICTED!

I wonder if the landlord returned today with some legal paperwork?

I think he did! Why? In the below video, the police officer used the word "evicted". That is not a word that law enforcement uses lightly.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

This morning I saw him mention how great he is and how he's fought with "valor" and that's when I shut him down.

He's gone from vaping to smoking. Stress, hmmm?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

WT Heck is this crap?

I'm not sure which 1776er this was but he skipped off and abandoned a scooter just being a jackass on the main road at Bunker Hill while vehicles were coming in both directions. Totally legal behavior. FREEDOM!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

LM K wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:53 pm EVICTED!
George Washington faced a lot of adversity too also. All part of the job. :smoking:
Off Topic
In actual fact, General Washington spent almost all of the year 1776 getting his ass kicked and narrowly escaped - more than once - getting his entire army captured. His most successful tactic, all the way up until Christmas Day, was running away from the British. He wasn't really a great military general, but he managed to keep his army together and avoided destruction.

And then, finally, on Christmas Day (that night), he loaded up the boats and posed for that photo of "Washington Crossing the Delaware". :biggrin:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:31 pm I thought it was just me.
Same here :)
tencats

Post by tencats »

Last nights group meeting with Santa.
The plan going forward? Returning to the DC lawn by bus?

:roll:
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxd-uxpNbkbg ... -CouxNiuit
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:02 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:31 pm I thought it was just me.
Same here :)
Yep
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

tencats wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:58 am Last nights group meeting with Santa.

May I recommend a yellow schoolbus for the students of 1776 :?:
Including a chaprone to get them safely over the crosswalk. :twisted:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

tencats wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:58 am Last nights group meeting with Santa.

Is there some area of the USA I am not familiar with where the regional dialect/accent makes people talk as if they are stoned 24/7? Cause this guy is it. Is he auditioning for a new Cheech and Chong movie?
tencats

Post by tencats »

Watching Santa stuff his pie hole. :cantlook:

"always tried to take the high road .....but its apparent I can't do that anymore"
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxvf6yJcJXtg ... 3gUKSzICW4

"we don't live that way, never did like a lier"
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxbi-92Y_-bD ... Am2SNWaFqy

"leaving Bunker Hill"
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx6KIArbV5mh ... 4-NICXPdbj
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

tencats wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:31 pm Watching Santa stuff his pie hole. :cantlook:
I prefer the sucking on cigs look.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Here's the very latest.

Oreo left for CA at 9:30 pm last night. He took a detour; he went to the home of Freedom and Red Squirrel... in Tennessee. The Squirrels are now chasing him ... to CA!

Some in CA are allegedly on their way to Oreo's house in CA now, to harass his family.

(Visiting people's homes should be off limits.)

Some are seriously suspecting that Santa recently had his CDL suspended. I didn't put much stock into that hypothesis until this morning.

Last week, just as 1776 left DC, Santa announced he was driving his rig back to OH, and returning to BH with his pickup.

Santa, as usual, never went home. Then the group is evicted, and there won't be a place for Santa's rig and the fake firetruck to park. Within hours, 1776 had an emergency meeting but didn't livestream it. A few hours later, Santa is on his way home to OH.

Without his rig.

Instead, Santa's friend Indiana Bob picked up Santa and is driving him and a bunch of Santa's crap back to OH.

This makes no sense. Santa claims that he's picking up a bus for 1776. Where is his rig? It's his sole possession. He's extremely protective of it .

Well, who has a CDL but doesn't have his rig on the east coast?

Bandit, who never left.

Has Santa allowed Bandit to stay because Bandit is able to protect Santa's rig? Yes, I'd bet money on that.

The 1776 continues to lie about Bandit not being at BH. Bandit never left. He's hiding at BH. His pickup has been covered with a blue tarp for weeks. One of the neighbors asked the landlord to confirm that Bandit had left. The neighbor described Bandit's truck, which is very unique The landlord found Bandit's truck at BH. Bandit is at BH.

At BH, only Big D and Bandit have CDLs. Big D is remaining at camp.

Santa would NEVER leave his truck without a legal and safe place to store it.

About an hour ago, in Santa's chat, I said "I guess you lost your CDL". Santa immediately went off about trolls.

So yes, I'm confident that Santa's CDL has been suspended.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Bandit's unique truck ... and Bandit being egged in Sacramento.

Screenshot_20220817-123427_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20220817-123427_YouTube.jpg (103.1 KiB) Viewed 801 times
Screenshot_20220817-123712_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20220817-123712_YouTube.jpg (271.14 KiB) Viewed 801 times

Teens pelting TPC with eggs in Sacramento. You've seen it. I still find it entertaining.

Edit: Oakland. Not Sacramento.
bob

Post by bob »

LM K wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:42 pm Bandit's unique truck ... and Bandit being egged in Sacramento.
OAKLAND, BABY! :towel:
Image ImageImage
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Hmm. Is Bandit working on being Santa?-- if so, he needs to put on more weight and keep growing out that trashy beard if he wants to compete.

Return to “Current Politics”