Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

American Peoples Convoy Protest

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: American Peoples Convoy Protest

Post by neonzx »

Azastan wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:41 pm Why don't they migrate to somewhere where they can protest the horrible 'invasion of privacy' of TFG? I'm sure they could strike a blow for We The People and the CONSTITUTION down in Florida just as easily as they could do it at a campground in Virginia.
PLEASE NO. Although they would find better refuge in Florida, we don't need anymore crazy down here. :talktothehand:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

neonzx wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:46 pm
Azastan wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:41 pm Why don't they migrate to somewhere where they can protest the horrible 'invasion of privacy' of TFG? I'm sure they could strike a blow for We The People and the CONSTITUTION down in Florida just as easily as they could do it at a campground in Virginia.
PLEASE NO. Although they would find better refuge in Florida, we don't need anymore crazy down here. :talktothehand:
But they'd blend right in with the rest of the crazies!
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Welo, I dunno what is going on. The 1776ers (that are now all splintered off) went to protest and hold vigil and karaoke at the DC jail in support of the "political prisoners" (they are all so Nelson Mandela like) ... hat tip to mom of crazy daughter who refused a lawful order to not crash through a window and get herself shot. RIP

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:44 pm I like how they all have call signs, like Pilots. They think they're elite Top Gun material.
I think for some of them it's Full Metal Jacket as the inspiration; e.g., Raptor. But, yeah, I concur with your assessment. No cute nickname is going to turn these folks into crack operators.

Well, operators on crack, maybe.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Off Topic
Military aircraft flying alone (Army circa 1980s anyways) use the Aircraft Identification Number most of the time, but when you fly in formation with others you have to use 2 syllable call signs like the fancy Navy and Air Force kids. The only requirement is its 2 syllables and distinct enough to be clear when communications are sketchy. You can choose you own name and generally keep it forever but if you go by "Hot Shot" and come into a unit with a "Hot Shot" already there, you have to find a new name, regardless of rank. Army Aviation rank is much different from the other services in that most pilots are Warrant Officers and almost always are outranked by some 25 year old kid with a Commission when they've often been flying for 25 years. It's odd because the Commissioned Officer commander of squads and platoons are technically responsible for training the Warrant Officers under their command.

I'll let you guess how much I, as a 24 year old 2LT coming into my first "command" had to teach the 45 year old CW3s who between the 4 of them had flown almost 75 years, 15 of them in Vietnam. Sure.

In the Navy and Air Force, everyone is a Commissioned Officer and the lowest level commander of pilots is an O-3 Air Force/Marine Captain, Navy Lieutenant and they are commanding O-2s (hardly any pilot is still an O-1 before their first assignment in the other services because secondary flight school lasts long enough that they get a promotion at or soon after they graduate). Anyway, if you're not Army, your boss is someone older than you with longer time in and outranks you both in fact and on paper.

My Call Sign was "Mouse Trap" No, I don't tell many people why. It has to do with big, expensive, gaudy pilot watches

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:00 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:44 pm I like how they all have call signs, like Pilots. They think they're elite Top Gun material.
Which one is Shit Head?
All of 'em.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Looks like Santa's klan upgraded from lawn chairs to rocking chairs on a porch.. Moving up in the world.

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I have to imagine that they're deep in discussions about what the immediate, and even longer-term future holds for their important Constitutional pre-Constitutional movement as it metastasizes into a stinking lump of whatever. Where do they go from here? Does anyone have any ideas? :confuzzled:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:16 pm I have to imagine that they're deep in discussions about what the immediate, and even longer-term future holds for their important Constitutional pre-Constitutional movement as it metastasizes into a stinking lump of whatever. Where do they go from here? Does anyone have any ideas? :confuzzled:
The "undisclosed location" has a master bedroom, which "Santa" (faux preacher David Riddell) commandeered. It's a good thing he got it to himself because his toiletries bag has gone astray and he didn't get to brush his teeth (he's close to being a chain smoker). Also he had only one day's worth of deodorant left. Yes, those are the profound things they were discussing.

Imagine owning a decent house and turning over your biggest bedroom to a lying grifter like Riddell.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:29 pm ... he didn't get to brush his teeth [and] he had only one day's worth of deodorant left.
Ah, so now we know what the plan is, and the plan is for Imposterclaus to brush his teeth and use deodorant. That's why he was chosen to be the leader, with thinking like that.

Next they should put some deep thinking into what they want to do in the morning tomorrow. They can discuss tomorrow afternoon and evening later, there's certainly no rush. :mrgreen:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:29 pm
Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:16 pm I have to imagine that they're deep in discussions about what the immediate, and even longer-term future holds for their important Constitutional pre-Constitutional movement as it metastasizes into a stinking lump of whatever. Where do they go from here? Does anyone have any ideas? :confuzzled:
The "undisclosed location" has a master bedroom, which "Santa" (faux preacher David Riddell) commandeered. It's a good thing he got it to himself because his toiletries bag has gone astray and he didn't get to brush his teeth (he's close to being a chain smoker). Also he had only one day's worth of deodorant left. Yes, those are the profound things they were discussing.

Imagine owning a decent house and turning over your biggest bedroom to a lying grifter like Riddell.
so are they at one of their homes or did
they grift another mark to give them their home?

my parents are gone but if we EVER found out they were this nuts and chrazZZEEE we would have had them committed, No way would any of us give a vehicles ot scoundrels
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

So I guess Bandit stuck around?
81BDEB63-CE0A-4264-8F52-218DFB253132.jpeg
81BDEB63-CE0A-4264-8F52-218DFB253132.jpeg (223.49 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I think I am done with these people. And I'm not throwing in my towel... I'm taking it with me. :towel:
These F-n rejects.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:42 pm I think I am done with these people. And I'm not throwing in my towel... I'm taking it with me. :towel:
These F-n rejects.
I find myself torn between obsessively following them followed by days of trying to live a better (or healthier) life. The latter is winning for the moment.
bob

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:11 pm I find myself torn between obsessively following them followed by days of trying to live a better (or healthier) life. The latter is winning for the moment.
As a birfobessed :bag: , I hear you.

At this point, it looks the movement has mostly petered out; there's little left of note worth documenting.

But if following kooks and crazies is your hobby :smoking: , enjoy it when it gives you pleasure and do other things when it doesn't. :towel:
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Tell me someone isn’t trolling them.
306F7E88-F3CE-4894-8A04-7803431D0F3C.jpeg
306F7E88-F3CE-4894-8A04-7803431D0F3C.jpeg (331.08 KiB) Viewed 775 times
Stumbled across their Gettr account.
ECA3C67E-699D-44B6-B781-EA0DF215A2ED.png
ECA3C67E-699D-44B6-B781-EA0DF215A2ED.png (490.38 KiB) Viewed 775 times
And their latest official video or whatever.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:48 am Tell me someone isn’t trolling them.
Could be but back in the early days of fan forums, etc. (mid to late 1990s), I discovered there are a not inconsiderable number of Star Trek fans who are crazy conservatives. Kirk represented military might and conservative values, while Picard was a wimpy liberal who (gasps!) solved problems instead of punching them out and collaborates with his officers and crew, which is just wrong. It was great fun pointing out to them in detail how Kirk wasn't nearly what they thought he was. They would not believe what was before their eyes.

And here we are.

Or it could be someone trolling them.

And here we are where we can't be sure.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“To boldly go where no man has gone before”*

*Other than in psychiatric care.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Hmm. Had not thought of that. Maybe I missed the message because it always seemed Kirk was too busy making-out with every female alien they encountered. Not a good look for a leader.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:47 am Hmm. Had not thought of that. Maybe I missed the message because it always seemed Kirk was too busy making-out with every female alien they encountered. Not a good look for a leader.
A couple of crew members too, but Picard did same. But Kirk wasn't the Rambo they make him out to be. They just didn't want to see that. (They were pissed that Kirk was killed in a less-than-heroic way.)
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:56 am
neonzx wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:47 am Hmm. Had not thought of that. Maybe I missed the message because it always seemed Kirk was too busy making-out with every female alien they encountered. Not a good look for a leader.
A couple of crew members too, but Picard did same. But Kirk wasn't the Rambo they make him out to be. They just didn't want to see that. (They were pissed that Kirk was killed in a less-than-heroic way.)
Yeah, well, I am not going to get in a Kirk vs Picard debate.

But, yeah, whomever posted the ST reference into their private thread wherever was totally trolling. It actually almost a rick-roll if you play it out because the idiots probably bought it. :biggrin:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Off Topic
pipistrelle wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:49 am
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:48 am Tell me someone isn’t trolling them.
Could be but back in the early days of fan forums, etc. (mid to late 1990s), I discovered there are a not inconsiderable number of Star Trek fans who are crazy conservatives. Kirk represented military might and conservative values, while Picard was a wimpy liberal who (gasps!) solved problems instead of punching them out and collaborates with his officers and crew, which is just wrong. It was great fun pointing out to them in detail how Kirk wasn't nearly what they thought he was. They would not believe what was before their eyes.

And here we are.

Or it could be someone trolling them.

And here we are where we can't be sure.
The Problem with Star Trek as a rule is that it was a very pro-Military show. Basically everyone is a career Military person riding around on Battleships, and everything is shown as being solved through the chain of command, and if you break the rules bad things happen. The highest form of life was a starfleet officer. It was subtle but it was there.

Picard was seen as a diplomat as well, but he was also a 1200% died in the wool Military guy. Officers have the wisdom that other done have, that's the message. Hell they dropped the subtlety in DS9 and Voyager where the officers stood around talking about how much they understood everything.

So ya, I could see people getting the Pro-military view from Star trek and thinking it was all about if you listen to the right wing autocrats everything will be fine.
Hic sunt dracones
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

LM K wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:35 pm List of members that were at J6:

WYSIWIG
Oreo
Constitution Steve
1791 Storm Trooper
Xray
BCP
Megamericans
Dusty
Jenny Zip
Taylor Taranto
Eddy Robert
David Valentine

I hate these people.

Edit: I just added Eddy Roberts
Edit 2: I just added David Valentine
Edit 3: Rypta
Updated the list.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:29 pm

Santa is a chain smoker.
LM K

Post by LM K »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:23 am So I guess Bandit stuck around?
81BDEB63-CE0A-4264-8F52-218DFB253132.jpeg
He never left. And he's not leaving.

Bandit spent over a year in jail before he pleaded guilty to sexually molesting his 14 year old step-daughter.

Santa claims that, after his step-daughter turned 18, she wrote a letter to the court retracting her claims of molestation. But ... the letter was sealed, so no one can see it! :roll:

Interestingly, his step-daughter turned 18 the year Bandit's ex-wife filed for divorce. His ex-wife filed in Jan 2013. The divorce was finalized in March 2013.

Bandit claims his now ex-wife made false accusations against him as part of a "contentious divorce" in 2007. Yet she didn't file for divorce until 2013?

Return to “Current Politics”