Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

American Peoples Convoy Protest

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:38 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:21 pm Even if he has comprehensive, they still won't cut him a check. If the vehicle can be repaired the insurance company pays the repair bill directly to the mechanic or body shop that does the work. If the vehicle is totaled the lien holder gets the check.
Depends on the company. When I had an accident while getting divorced, the policy was still in both our names so they wrote the check to both of us and she had to sign it before I could deposit it. I paid to get my car fixed myself.
Someone here said that he had dropped his comprehensive and only had liability. Liability insurance is required by law. Comprehensive is usually required by a lender. If he didn't have comprehensive, he can sell the car for scrap or pay to fix it himself; he won't get anything from his insurance carrier.

Buy Sugar is basically correct, except that there are different blends of payouts. I've heard of people who owned their cars outright,but still had comprehensive, who took the insurance check and either fixed it themselves or had their brother-in-law do it. The problem with that is that, if you get in another accident, you may not be able to prove the the damage from the first accident was ever repaired. The insurance company may say "Your car is worth $10k, but we paid you $5k to repair the last accident. So here's $5k."

Or, he might have a lien, but the car is worth more than the lien. Let's say the car is worth $10k, but the loan balance is only $5k. The insurance company would make the check payable to BOTH him and the lien holder. This happened to me once. I had to endorse the check and send it to the bank, who cashed it and sent me a check for the excess amount.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Comprehensive insurance it fire, weather and theft.

Banging into hard objects is Collision. If you owe $10,000 on a car only worth $3500, you lose. The insurance is gonna pay you (actually, your lender usually) $3500 minus your deductible and you and the bank need to have a talk. Oh, and if the insurance pays out a total loss claim, they also own the car (what's left of it) so if you want to try to fix it yourself, because your friend Spicolli's dad has EVERY tool, well, you have to buy it back from the insurance company first. It will also, in most states, now have a Salvage Title which destroys any resale and most banks will not give you a loan on a car with one.

I went to trade in the above car and one of the things the dealer dinged me for was it had been in a wreck and though it looked perfect and would normally have been worth $20K they knocked that down $5k because there had been about that much damage to it, even though it was fixed. I filed that under "if I ever get in a wreck that someone else caused I'm going to make sure their insurance pays me that, too" if I can. When it's someone else paying you, you can kind of negotiate a bit, especially if there is some medical claim involved no matter how minor. You might be great but why not settle the medical part along with the property damage, they might be easy to get along with for a liberal damage payout if you sign the medical release. I might be wrong, but I'd sure ask.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Gregg wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:04 pm Comprehensive insurance it fire, weather and theft.
And deer. I have experience on this matter.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

northland10 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:37 pm
Gregg wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:04 pm Comprehensive insurance it fire, weather and theft.
Really? I would have bet good Confederate dollars that that would be collision. Good to know, my deductible is lower, so I'll make sure the next thing I hit is a deer.

:thumbsup:

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:21 am
northland10 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:37 pm
Really? I would have bet good Confederate dollars that that would be collision.
Wow, given the stories you hear about insurance companies trying to wriggle out of paying, I'd have wagered they'd say "A deer is one of God's creatures, so Act of God."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Gregg wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:34 pm You're getting a little familiar there, ain't ya?
Oh, you didn't see what Suranis posted?

Kiss me, you fool. :kiss: :lovestruck:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Off Topic
OMFSM - if you concentrate on that dogs head, do you also see it wearing a chefs hat (blending in with the t-shirt of the person behind ;) )

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Off Topic
:lol: I didn't realize he WASN'T wearing a chef's hat until you just said it!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:bag:

I'm gonna go lay down now. I need to.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Just Another Blonde @HereLiesLolo wrote: Here, Flopper muses about how easy it would be for someone to take out helicopters… that carry potus. #1776RM
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:39 pm
Just Another Blonde @HereLiesLolo wrote: Here, Flopper muses about how easy it would be for someone to take out helicopters… that carry potus. #1776RM
Well, that might get the Secret Service's attention. In either case, no, it would not be all that easy. I was on the 17th floor of a building when Obama arrived to speak at Northwestern and took a helicopter from the Gary, Indiana (Not Louisiana, Paris, France, New York, or Rome, but Gary, Indiana) airport. It was not a single helicopter but multiple ones, along with a bunch of V-22 Ospreys (those tilt-rotor ones that like to crash in the early days).

The helicopter Obama was in would also likely have lots of toys to avoid issues.
101010 :towel:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

northland10 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:55 pm Well, that might get the Secret Service's attention. In either case, no, it would not be all that easy. I was on the 17th floor of a building when Obama arrived to speak at Northwestern and took a helicopter from the Gary, Indiana (Not Louisiana, Paris, France, New York, or Rome, but Gary, Indiana) airport. It was not a single helicopter but multiple ones, along with a bunch of V-22 Ospreys (those tilt-rotor ones that like to crash in the early days).

The helicopter Obama was in would also likely have lots of toys to avoid issues.
I've heard that, when POTUS leaves the WH lawn in Marine One, there are actually three different, identical helicopters, just in case someone tries to take a potshot, they only have a one in three chance of hitting the correct aircraft. The play leapfrog from the WH to Andrews, with the three choppers alternating the lead position.

Obviously, that isn't the only security measure that is used to protect him.

In the late seventies, we lived in San Diego and used to take I-5 north to Disneyland or Los Angeles. I-5 passes within 100 yards of President Nixon's home in San Clemente. The thought occurred to me that, if your car broke down on that stretch of highway, help, in the form of the Secret Service, would arrive within a very few minutes. Otherwise, it would be easy to drive a van past, open the door and lob a half dozen mortar shells without even stopping the vehicle.
LM K

Post by LM K »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:doh: :cantlook:
LM K

Post by LM K »

The members of 1776 who are now J6 vigil protesters are at the DC Women's March. I will be calling this group 1776J6.

Yesterday we noticed that Simon has returned! He was wearing a swastika t-shirt. He wore it to today's protest. Which was ... unwise.

1776J6 was not well received at the March. Protesters swarmed them.

Our beloved Whistle Girl was arrested.

1776J6 has hired "private security". Their armed security dress just like police officers.

LM K

Post by LM K »

On Oct 15, Santa and Bob Hayden, the Indiana lead for 1776, were scheduled to speak at a rally hosted by Dont Tread on Indiana.

Screenshot_20221008-133554_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20221008-133554_Twitter.jpg (222.04 KiB) Viewed 2718 times

Santa and Hayden are no longer scheduled to speak at the rally. Both were booted. 1776 was booted.

Santa selected Indiana as the new 1776 location because "so many" people expressed interest in working with 1776.

Why was Santa/1776 booted? Dont Tread on Indiana wasn't interested in working with a group who had Naughty Aubrey (Hippy Mama) as a member.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

They have the graphic design sensibilities of a teenager with a graphics program circa 1996.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

LM K wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:10 pm 1776J6 was not well received at the March. Protesters swarmed them.
Nice to see everyone getting what they want. Everyone gets to feel superior about themselves, please their respective audiences, and have their opposition look like assholes.
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Anarchy Princess

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I met a guy over the weekend who lives in Bunker Hill, WV. He said they were all so glad those convoy people left. He didn’t have fond memories.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
LM K

Post by LM K »

The group is now tiny. According to Santa, there are 12 people at camp.

Santa has started his "seminars" to teach people about ... who the fuck knows. He has confused the word "seminar" with "sermon".

2 people showed up for yesterday's seminar.

The speaker's podium:
Screenshot_20221022-143758_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20221022-143758_YouTube.jpg (99.36 KiB) Viewed 2374 times

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Return to “Current Politics”