American Peoples Convoy Protest

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Re: American Peoples Convoy Protest

Post by LM K »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:48 pm 884DCD14-872A-4297-82FE-3D3B13CDB028.png
That's Santa writing that. That's his Telegram acct.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

LM K wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:06 pm I doubt there's room for 3 in this unless it expands on the sides. I really don't think it expands. There might be a bench for sitting, but it won't be large enough for 2 to sleep on. It looks like there is a child's bed above the truck cab, but no one 80+ is climbing into that space. It's probably used for storage.

But, it's possible that there's enough space to put down camping mattresses on the floor. I doubt it, but it possible.

Santa has said multiple times that he sleeps in the bed in the RV.
I have no idea of the setup of this particular RV, but there is definitely room for three in it if it is configured as such. We did campers in my household when I was a kid.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

So it's like Ma and Pa are living in a tiny apartment with an enormous gross pig.

Who was sent by God.

Who has a sick sense of humor. :biggrin:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:10 pm
LM K wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:06 pm I doubt there's room for 3 in this unless it expands on the sides. I really don't think it expands. There might be a bench for sitting, but it won't be large enough for 2 to sleep on. It looks like there is a child's bed above the truck cab, but no one 80+ is climbing into that space. It's probably used for storage.

But, it's possible that there's enough space to put down camping mattresses on the floor. I doubt it, but it possible.

I have no idea of the setup of this particular RV, but there is definitely room for three in it if it is configured as such. We did campers in my household when I was a kid.
I knew a family of three that lived in a slightly smaller one during summers. But the big bed was shared by two adults.

These things are crazy efficient about space.
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:10 pm

I knew a family of three that lived in a slightly smaller one during summers. But the big bed was shared by two adults.

We slept four in one roughly the size of the one below, though two were kidlets. The cabover is doable for two adults to sleep snugly. The fact that theirs has a window with curtains there indicates that their cabover is configured as a bed. Whether they are using it for storage instead, I dunno. I wouldn't take a random 80yo off the street and ask them to climb up there, but if they have owned the RV for some time they very well may be used to it and not have a problem. My grandpappy in his 80s could clamber up there without too much issue. In ours, the bathroom was a tiny box on the left when you walked in, then the "kitchen" was the rest of the left wall. A tiny closet on the right, then the rest was a table. The table converted into a "bed" which took up not only the entire table area, but also the "hallway" - it went right up to the "kitchen". Anyway, you could sleep four in it if you wanted.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Sounds like shit is continuing to fall apart @1776.

https://twitter.com/JustCommonSen12/sta ... 2818614273
Just Common Sense@JustCommonSen12

Post-Mall living:
It appears the anti-Santa group (Oreo, JLyn50, Hippie, Big D, Frankie Bobbie) are sleeping in Group tents in Bunker Hill.

Santa, Rose, Ma/Pa, FreedomExpress, Dustin & surprisingly RedMama are camping.

Santa is not going to get a warm welcome in BH.
#1776RM
5:37 PM · Aug 5, 2022·Twitter Web App
raison de arizona

They were talking about *checks notes* protesting local school board in DC on their Telegram channel.
91762297-B926-4082-8C7F-BF3114B8488B.png
91762297-B926-4082-8C7F-BF3114B8488B.png (435.37 KiB) Viewed 876 times
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:18 pm They were talking about *checks notes* protesting local school board in DC on their Telegram channel.
How do they protest the local school board when they are not residents of DC (Mall lawn does not count) nor have children going to those schools??. :confuzzled:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Maybe live in DC?
Edit: GMTA. This has been a bigger problem. People without kids going to board meetings where they don't live. FREEDOM.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Check out the t-shirt. It really does say "cult."
Screenshot 2022-08-05_17-14-13-530.jpg
Screenshot 2022-08-05_17-14-13-530.jpg (394.15 KiB) Viewed 858 times
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

LM K wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:44 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:21 pm
LM K wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:12 pm Sadly, no crackers yet.

Also sadly, supporters around the country are certainly scouring their local grocery stores to mall some crackers to the poor man who has suffered without his crackers.
Have they seen him? He’s eaten far too many crackers.
He is not a small man. He makes fun of his weight constantly. He seems to have a good sense of humor about it.

He is extremely out of shape. He almost never goes on the marches to the capitol. When he does he now uses a scooter or takes a car back. The two 80+ members can do the march.

The 1776 diet has been really bad for him. He's gaining weight like crazy. The group does eat salads. They try to provide healthier foods. But there are a lot of donated sweet snacks. Boxes of sweet snacks.

I'm not trying to fat-shame Santa. I'm not a small women in good shape. As someone with chronic pain, I don't beat myself up about exercise... except that I need to exercise.
I'm fat, I'm in a ridiculous amount of pain, and now that I'm not a young person no one comments on my weight except doctors. That said, if you're as fat and out of shape as he is, and sit around for hours on end, whining about crackers strikes me as ridiculous. He can do what I do-cut down, and get up and walk as far as possible every so often. And geez-do any of these people not smoke, vape, drink AND do hard drugs? FREEDOM!
Edit: As they're in northern VA woods, they're likely getting covered in ticks. It's tick country like you wouldn't believe.
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:35 pm Check out the t-shirt. It really does say "cult."
I saw that before and thought someone had photoshopped it all clever like. I was mistaken. They are a parody of themselves.
► Show Spoiler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:50 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:35 pm Check out the t-shirt. It really does say "cult."
I saw that before and thought someone had photoshopped it all clever like. I was mistaken. They are a parody of themselves.
► Show Spoiler
Yep, I screenshot that live. Now I'm going to do a cleanse/purge.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

LM K wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:32 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:41 am What if I want to use said free spot and remove abandonned property from the road?
You'd have to assault the person making sure their chairs are not moved or harmed.

These people are assholes.
You know, I have access to a fleet of I think 27 Super Duty test trucks, already in "Chicken Truck Livery" that would not be hurt one bit by running over those chairs.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:25 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:10 pm

We slept four in one roughly the size of the one below, though two were kidlets. The cabover is doable for two adults to sleep snugly. The fact that theirs has a window with curtains there indicates that their cabover is configured as a bed. Whether they are using it for storage instead, I dunno. I wouldn't take a random 80yo off the street and ask them to climb up there, but if they have owned the RV for some time they very well may be used to it and not have a problem. My grandpappy in his 80s could clamber up there without too much issue. In ours, the bathroom was a tiny box on the left when you walked in, then the "kitchen" was the rest of the left wall. A tiny closet on the right, then the rest was a table. The table converted into a "bed" which took up not only the entire table area, but also the "hallway" - it went right up to the "kitchen". Anyway, you could sleep four in it if you wanted.
The rock group "The Oneders" (one hit wonders from 1963 That Thing You Do) were signed in a camper like that. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yes I know it was only a movie
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

At least one is claiming they still have the permit through its end date (I think Monday). I'm not sure why it matters. They are never in the permit area except that's where the portapotties are. I'd run them off if I were the park supervisor. 8-)
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

This is getting pretty bad. Jersey Jay is sneaking through the trees, bushes and grass to film the bowel movement at Bunker Hill.

Can I get a refund on my series subscription fee?

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Throw a long string of Chinese firecrackers into that sleepy compound, fuse lit, of course :twisted:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
I don't fat shame anyone who is overweight due to a medical issue, absolutely. But Imposterclaus is a good example of a guy who is fat because he just plain refuses to take care of himself and eats all the wrong stuff.

I was fat and out of shape. In 2004, I weighed 285 lbs. and I thought exercise was walking up a flight of stairs. I went to work on it, but it took me 18 years to get where I am now. :biggrin:

But obesity is a serious problem in this great land of ours, so I will stop saying that Imposterclaus ate a few of his elves, and I apologize to the boogle. He just pisses me off, because I am still a fan of the real Santa Claus, and this dude is nothing but a stupid asshole.

I continue to shame stupid assholes.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well the real Santa clause DID conquer the Martians!

Hic sunt dracones
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Suranis wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:55 am Well the real Santa clause DID conquer the Martians!
I didn't see Evangeline Lilly. :?

Here's why IMHO we have an obesity problem in this great land of ours:

It has only been 5,000 years (a lot less in many cases) since we were all living in caves or tents and hunting for food. Also fending off other tribes. Those who were really good at violence were rewarded for it. And the food supply was irregular, so you needed to gorge on as much as possible when you did get some food. It might be days before you ate again.

And evolution is slow. We still have violence engrained in our systems. Even us liberal urban weenies on Fogbow are violent thinkers on occasion, you've all seen the posts about what we'd like to happen to Trump, hopefully later this morning if possible.

And we still feel the need to eat more than necessary, even though our next meal is not going to be days away. That's engrained in our systems, the same as violence.

'Course, there are good things engrained in us as a result of being tribal and living in primitive circumstances, too also. I'm not going to say it was all bad. We ... most of us ... care for each other.

Prove me wrong. :biggrin:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:54 am
Off Topic
Suranis wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:55 am Well the real Santa clause DID conquer the Martians!
I didn't see Evangeline Lilly. :?

Here's why IMHO we have an obesity problem in this great land of ours:

It has only been 5,000 years (a lot less in many cases) since we were all living in caves or tents and hunting for food. Also fending off other tribes. Those who were really good at violence were rewarded for it. And the food supply was irregular, so you needed to gorge on as much as possible when you did get some food. It might be days before you ate again.

And evolution is slow. We still have violence engrained in our systems. Even us liberal urban weenies on Fogbow are violent thinkers on occasion, you've all seen the posts about what we'd like to happen to Trump, hopefully later this morning if possible.

And we still feel the need to eat more than necessary, even though our next meal is not going to be days away. That's engrained in our systems, the same as violence.

'Course, there are good things engrained in us as a result of being tribal and living in primitive circumstances, too also. I'm not going to say it was all bad. We ... most of us ... care for each other.

Off Topic
I disagree it's about eating more than necessary. We aren't eating actual food with nutrients. We're eating pre-fab food with minimal nutrition and maximum carbs, sodium, and fat. To keep vaguely on topic, Zesta crackers. 60 Minutes did a segment years ago with how hard it is to get teenagers off pre-fab food and to eat even tasty more natural foods.

We eat too much junk (and I don't mean just crackers), but if we were eating too much of what we should be eating we wouldn't be fat. Cut processed foods, cut carbs that go straight to fat, and walk a bit. It does make a difference.

Prove me wrong. :boxing:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:54 am And we still feel the need to eat more than necessary, even though our next meal is not going to be days away. That's engrained in our systems, the same as violence.

Processed, package and marketed foods, LOADED with sugar. Sugar is addictive as cocaine. Consider yourself proven wrong as you sip your beverage of High Fructose Corn Syrup. :batting:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Except the prefab stuff is cheap and the good stuff is expensive. I can buy a burger for a couple of bucks at a fast food place but if I want a salad, I have to walk into a grocery store and pay $7 for it.

And don't get me started on trying to fill up two teenage boys on a minimum wage salary and an ex who won't pay child support. We ate a LOT of tuna helper and ramen. (oldest one has some pretty interesting ramen recipes bc of that experience.)

(ok, I'm started. Luckily for me, and I realize how very lucky I was, my parents were in a position to help me.)
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Current Politics”