King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

AndyinPA
Verified:

King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

Post by AndyinPA »

It's not like they don't have enough of them.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:35 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:12 am Camilla is recycling!!! Good for her!!! :biggrin:
Yeah, I thought that was good, and apparently a conscious part of why she chose to do it this way.
That was my first thought as well. Good for her to reuse. I assumed it was part of what has been reported as King Charles wanting to streamline royal expenditures. That is a good thing.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I suppose that, if you like Camilla, or at least don't hate her, you can look at it as her wanting to be frugal about the coronation and honoring Britain's royal past, as well as Charles' grandmother.

If you do hate her, as many people do, you probably see it as her usurping the memory of the late Queen, and of trying to finagle her way into the upper reaches of the monarchy, which she doesn't deserve.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

agree the hag is a weasel
much ado

Post by much ado »

Okay, let me ask this. Who deserves to be British royalty and why?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

sad-cafe wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:20 pm agree the hag is a weasel
What makes her a hag and/or weasel?
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I read somewhere an assertion that Charles at first had said that he wanted a slimmed down coronation but he has quietly moved towards demanding peak pomp for his big day when a man in a clown suit gives him a golden hat.

Also some raised eyebrows at a retail suggestion that hoi polloi do a day off volunteering in their communities during the coronation period – something like "so you want us to work for free as well as pay for your expensive party?"
much ado

Post by much ado »

much ado wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:42 pm Okay, let me ask this. Who deserves to be British royalty and why?
I guess I am feeling negative about the monarchy. I wonder why the UK needs one. Every year it seems more and more anachronistic. The way the UK economy is going, they may eventually find it difficult to justify supporting a monarchy.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

much ado wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:07 pm
much ado wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:42 pm Okay, let me ask this. Who deserves to be British royalty and why?
I guess I am feeling negative about the monarchy. I wonder why the UK needs one. Every year it seems more and more anachronistic. The way the UK economy is going, they may eventually find it difficult to justify supporting a monarchy.
I wonder what the cost for supporting the monarchy is versus how much it brings in via royalty interested tourism. I believe they are the biggest tourist attraction the UK has.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm pretty sure the tourism money brings in more than it costs. And I think we're talking billions.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
much ado

Post by much ado »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:10 pm
much ado wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:07 pm
I wonder what the cost for supporting the monarchy is versus how much it brings in via royalty interested tourism. I believe they are the biggest tourist attraction the UK has.
Yes, that is certainly true.

I found this article discussing the cost/benefit of maintaining a monarchy.

The British Monarchy Is Better for Taxpayers Than You Might Think

But remember when reading this article that the monarchy pays no inheritance tax on its vast holdings.

For commoners...
The standard Inheritance Tax rate is 40%. It’s only charged on the part of your estate that’s above the threshold. [£500,000 at most]
UK government page on inheritance tax: How Inheritance Tax works: thresholds, rules and allowances

This hardly seems fair.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I'm just a gonna say it. I despise Camila. She is a society grubbing climber. She had an ongoing affair with a married man. She had no respect for Dianna or her sons. That said, Charlie is the biggest fucking asshole creep, and he disgusts me more than Camilla.

Now, would anyone like to hear what I really think?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:38 pm I'm just a gonna say it. I despise Camila. She is a society grubbing climber. She had an ongoing affair with a married man. She had no respect for Dianna or her sons. That said, Charlie is the biggest fucking asshole creep, and he disgusts me more than Camilla.

Sure. Let er rip! :lol:

Actually, my opinion isn't much different.
much ado

Post by much ado »

I found this article from last September that explains the monarchy's inheritance tax issue in some detail.

No, King Charles III won't pay any inheritance tax on his massive gain
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:38 pm I'm just a gonna say it. I despise Camila. She is a society grubbing climber. She had an ongoing affair with a married man. She had no respect for Dianna or her sons. That said, Charlie is the biggest fucking asshole creep, and he disgusts me more than Camilla.

:stamp:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Kendra wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:33 pm

:stamp:
yes
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Good...goooodd....feel the hate flow through you... :twisted:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:30 pm I'm pretty sure the tourism money brings in more than it costs. And I think we're talking billions.
You're right, it's not even close. In actual fact, the Monarchy pays for itself, not just indirectly through tourism, but directly through the Crown Estates which generate a few quid on the side, all of which the Crown has turned over to Parliament since George III.

And I am a shameless Royalist. It's good for the country to have some institution that is purely symbolic, has for all intents no power whatsoever and at least a dozen or so people, give or take, who have the good of the country at heart without having to be the terrible people elected politicians have to be, or even worse the terrible people not elected politicians tend to be.

As long as they shut up and smile, and look good in a uniform, I say "God Save the King".
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:shrug:

I lost interest in the English royalty back when Diana divorced Charles. At that point, I figured the English could keep them. I really didn't care for their drama or the gossip about them. I have better things to do with my time.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

My first experience in England many years ago was wandering into the parade following The Trooping of the Colour, I was within about 15 feet of HM The Queen and I totally get the whole pomp and ceremony thing. It really is something.

And isn't nice to have some of the Idle rich who's actual job is doing things for others, opening libraries and such?

I mean our idle rich are Elmo and the Kardashians, so they're not so bad.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:52 am
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:30 pm I'm pretty sure the tourism money brings in more than it costs. And I think we're talking billions.
You're right, it's not even close. In actual fact, the Monarchy pays for itself, not just indirectly through tourism, but directly through the Crown Estates which generate a few quid on the side, all of which the Crown has turned over to Parliament since George III.

And I am a shameless Royalist. It's good for the country to have some institution that is purely symbolic, has for all intents no power whatsoever and at least a dozen or so people, give or take, who have the good of the country at heart without having to be the terrible people elected politicians have to be, or even worse the terrible people not elected politicians tend to be.

As long as they shut up and smile, and look good in a uniform, I say "God Save the King".
Concur. And I'm a recovering Libertarian. I still concur.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

STOP THE PRESS!
King Charles Provides Update on Queen Camilla's Health Condition

Carly Silva
Sat, February 18, 2023 at 12:11 AM GMT+1

Buckingham Palace announced earlier this week that the Queen Consort tested positive for COVID-19.

King Charles III is letting the public know that Queen Camilla is on the mend.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/king-ch ... 46596.html
(original: Parade)
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:06 am :snippity:

Concur. And I'm a recovering Libertarian. I still concur.
Better than being a recovering fascist like me...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ir-uk-home
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been asked by the royal family to vacate their UK home, Frogmore Cottage.

A spokesperson for Harry and Meghan said a request was made for the couple to give up the 17th-century country house, which is close to Windsor Castle in Berkshire.

It has been reported that the move, likely to be viewed as antagonistic weeks after the release of Harry’s autobiography Spare, was sanctioned by King Charles.
Seems odd timing with the coronation coming up.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:22 pm https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ir-uk-home
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been asked by the royal family to vacate their UK home, Frogmore Cottage.

A spokesperson for Harry and Meghan said a request was made for the couple to give up the 17th-century country house, which is close to Windsor Castle in Berkshire.

It has been reported that the move, likely to be viewed as antagonistic weeks after the release of Harry’s autobiography Spare, was sanctioned by King Charles.
Seems odd timing with the coronation coming up.
They want to give it to Andrew. They want where Prince Andrew is living, but Andrew has a 70 year lease on where he and Fergie are living, so they cant boot him out. They have to give him somewhere else to live. So booting out the Megan show is the easiest, least controversial solution.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Foreign Countries and Culture”