Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

Chilidog

Re: King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

Post by Chilidog »

chancery wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:54 pm
Off Topic
An anecdote concerning royal titles.

When my father was a young man, he was a member of a team of physicians called in to treat the Duchess of Windsor during a visit to the United States. Her husband made a pest of himself by insisting that everyone address and refer to his wife as Her Royal Highness.
"Yo, Wally, how you feeling, girl!"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

Post by Luke »

Important 699th News:
Prince William reassures fan that Queen Elizabeth II’s beloved corgis are ‘fine’
By Rachel Summer Small September 18, 2022 | 12:21pm

As Prince William surprised mourners waiting outside Westminster Hall to pay their respects to Queen Elizabeth II on Saturday, one had a pressing question on her mind: How are the late Queen’s beloved corgis faring? “I saw them the other day,” the recently anointed Prince of Wales, 40, said in response. “They’re being looked after fine. They’re two very friendly corgis. They’ve got a good home, they’re being looked after very well.”

The woman looked rather relieved to hear this, offering her condolences to William before he continued down the line. It’s widely known that Queen Elizabeth harbored a lifelong adoration for the dog breed. When she died on Sept. 8 at the age of 96, she left two of them behind: Muick and Sandy, along with a cocker spaniel named Lissy. Another one of her much-loved pups, an elderly dachshund-corgi mix named Candy, reportedly passed away just months before the Queen‘s death.

As Prince William alluded, Muick and Sandy have already safely moved in with Prince Andrew and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson – with whom he still cohabitates – at their shared residence in Windsor. Meanwhile, Lissy is reportedly staying with her trainer, per E!. As previously reported, it was back in 1933 when Queen Elizabeth II received her first corgi, Dookie. The pooch was gifted to the then-7-year-old by her father, George VI.
https://pagesix.com/2022/09/18/prince-w ... -are-fine/

It's unclear whether members of the 699th were on Air Force One or in The Beast, but there were no security issues today and that's a sign the 699th was on duty. As always, thank you to the 699th for keeping the world safe.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Gregg wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:04 pm Lesson 2

Harry and Meghan's oldest child is not only entitled to be Prince Archie, upon the death of his Father he is also The Second Duke of Sussex.
Beatrice will not become Duchess of York on Andrew's death because Dukedoms only pass to male children. Although she is now a Senior Royal, as Fourth in Line of the heirs over the age of 21 she becomes a Councilor of State, a position that dates back to the will of Henry VIII. She is ninth in line overall.
That's actually what brought up the question about Beatrice. According to an article from the Telegraph, cited here by Page Six, Charles is planning to remove a "trio of non-working Royals," citing Harry, Andrew and Beatrice. (the Telegraph article is behind a pay wall I can't access, which is why I'm using the Page Six reference.)

King Charles III is tidying up the royal house.

UK’s newly anointed monarch is reportedly planning to amend the law on who can fill in for him if he’s incapacitated.

“The move would see the Duke of York, the Duke of Sussex and Princess Beatrice all relieved of their duties as official stand-ins for the sovereign, should he be indisposed,” reports The Daily Telegraph.

The Palace has been under pressure to remove both Prince Harry and Prince Andrew from their roles as they are no longer working members of the royal family.

“It is believed that the King recognises the incongruity of having a trio of non-working Royals able to step into his shoes if he is abroad or incapacitated,” the Telegraph noted.
That's why I was wondering what she had done that put her in the "non-working" category, since that seems to be a punishment for getting too far out of line.

Thank you for all the other info as well - it's quite fascinating!
miss meh

Post by miss meh »

Kendra wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:15 am
I did get to see/meet her in person during a book signing (Lionheart I think) a few years ago, I wasn't the only one there who was surprised at how Outremer was really pronounce vs what I had in my head. Class act, all the way and such a lovely lady.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
That is way cool :clap:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Chilidog wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:19 pm
Off Topic

When my father was a young man, he was a member of a team of physicians called in to treat the Duchess of Windsor during a visit to the United States. Her husband made a pest of himself by insisting that everyone address and refer to his wife as Her Royal Highness.
"Yo, Wally, how you feeling, girl!"
:dance:
Off Topic
Another curiosity. My mother's grandmother was a Maryland Warfield. Although the lines divided, i think (I looked it up once a long time ago) in the early 19th century at the latest, possibly late 18th century, the family was clannish enough for my grandmother, at least, to consider Wallis Warfield a cousin. She was only a few years older than Wallis, and their paths might have crossed in Baltimore in the 'teens, but not thereafter. My grandfather was a teetotal Episcopal minister who lost one parish job on account of his strong pacifist views, and retired prematurely from another, on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, because of his strong views about civil rights.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Off Topic

I thought the Royal Family refused to grant her that title?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:26 pm :snippity:

UK’s newly anointed monarch is reportedly planning to amend the law on who can fill in for him if he’s incapacitated.
:snippity:
He is NOT (yet) annointed.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:48 pm
Off Topic

I thought the Royal Family refused to grant her that title?
Off Topic
Yes indeed. The Duke of Windsor, was, how shall I put it ... a pathetic, infantile, dim-witted, fascist, and above all, self-centered, prig.

An interesting history of Portugal during the Salazar years devotes a chapter to the episode of the Duke's time in Cascais (on the coast near Lisbon) after Germany had invaded France. The Nazis worked out a poorly-concealed plot to kidnap the Duke to use as leverage against the British, and, of course, to put on the throne after Operation Sea Lion. The trouble was, the Duke wasn't necessarily averse to going along with the plot, and Churchill had to threaten him with a court-martial before he agreed to return to British soil.

And then when the Royal Navy -- at the time struggling to hold its own in the Battle of the Atlantic, among other deadly struggles -- arranged for a warship to take the Duke and his wife out of Portugal, he threw a fit and refused for a while to board, because the Navy had sent a cruiser and not a battleship.

À la lanterne!, in his case at least.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:26 pm
Gregg wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:04 pm Lesson 2

Harry and Meghan's oldest child is not only entitled to be Prince Archie, upon the death of his Father he is also The Second Duke of Sussex.
Beatrice will not become Duchess of York on Andrew's death because Dukedoms only pass to male children. Although she is now a Senior Royal, as Fourth in Line of the heirs over the age of 21 she becomes a Councilor of State, a position that dates back to the will of Henry VIII. She is ninth in line overall.
That's actually what brought up the question about Beatrice. According to an article from the Telegraph, cited here by Page Six, Charles is planning to remove a "trio of non-working Royals," citing Harry, Andrew and Beatrice. (the Telegraph article is behind a pay wall I can't access, which is why I'm using the Page Six reference.)

“The move would see the Duke of York, the Duke of Sussex and Princess Beatrice all relieved of their duties as official stand-ins for the sovereign, should he be indisposed,” reports The Daily Telegraph.

The Palace has been under pressure to remove both Prince Harry and Prince Andrew from their roles as they are no longer working members of the royal family.

“It is believed that the King recognises the incongruity of having a trio of non-working Royals able to step into his shoes if he is abroad or incapacitated,” the Telegraph noted.
That's why I was wondering what she had done that put her in the "non-working" category, since that seems to be a punishment for getting too far out of line.

Thank you for all the other info as well - it's quite fascinating!
Princess Beatrice wanted to step back, when she got married she stopped do any more Royal appearances, though by then she didn't do many anyhow. Her father was actually more of a pushy dad than her or her sister would have preferred, as far as you can tell in the press.

And make no mistake, we, the public, really know nothing of these people that is not put out, true or not, by either the meddling press or their own PR offices.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Ol' Wifehorn is glued to the Tee Vee for the duration. :roll:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
keith

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:30 am Ol' Wifehorn is glued to the Tee Vee for the duration. :roll:
I resemble that remark
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm not crying... you're crying!
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Paul Tobin @PaulTobin wrote: My wife floored me last night by pointing out that, due to recent world events, James Bond no longer works for her majesty's secret service.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:27 pm
Paul Tobin @PaulTobin wrote: My wife floored me last night by pointing out that, due to recent world events, James Bond no longer works for her majesty's secret service.
I mean, I think that was already covered by the ending of 'No Time to Die', no?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Did anyone think to themselves those soldiers were praying to GOD they wouldn't stumble or drop their portion of the casket?

man they were good
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I know it was just the music, but it sounded like the horse farted at the end of that clip.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

oh and one more thing.

camilla is still FUGLY-sour-and dour
much ado

Post by much ado »

Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:48 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:27 pm
I mean, I think that was already covered by the ending of 'No Time to Die', no?
There will always be a James Bond. They are looking for the successor to Daniel Craig (and he was good).

https://greekreporter.com/2022/09/19/fr ... ames-bond/[/url]

And I strongly suspect that the next James Bond will work for HIS majesty's secret service.

Just a guess...

ETA: By the way, I recently finished watching ALL of the official James Bond movies, which are (at least were) available on Amazon Prime Video. I usually check out the biographies of performers, both male and female, but espescially the Bond Girls. I discovered that a mature Bond girl in The World Is Not Enough (1999) is the ex-wife of our very own esteemed Sterngard, who we miss greatly.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

much ado wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:33 pm I discovered that a mature Bond girl in The World Is Not Enough (1999) is the ex-wife of our very own esteemed Sterngard, who we miss greatly.
I wouldn't call her a Bond girl per se, although the two did have a night of the devil's business, she's actually the Bond villain as far as I'm concerned...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
keith

Post by keith »

sad-cafe wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:08 pm Did anyone think to themselves those soldiers were praying to GOD they wouldn't stumble or drop their portion of the casket?

man they were good
Yes, i did.

There was one guy who I would swear was thinking exactly that. He looked very uncomfortable
much ado

Post by much ado »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:00 pm
much ado wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:33 pm I discovered that a mature Bond girl in The World Is Not Enough (1999) is the ex-wife of our very own esteemed Sterngard, who we miss greatly.
I wouldn't call her a Bond girl per se, although the two did have a night of the devil's business, she's actually the Bond villain as far as I'm concerned...
I've watched 27, I think it is, official Bond movies, so it is kind of a blur, but any female character who has a sexual interaction with James Bond is a Bond Girl. Some Bond girls are good and go bad. Some are bad and become good. Some are difficult to categorize.

IMDB calls her a Bond Girl. From IMDB here is a transcript of their interaction...
James Bond : Molly, I need a clean bill of health. You have to clear me for duty.
[pulls Warmflash closer to him]
Dr. Molly Warmflash : James. That wouldn't really be...
James Bond : Ethical?
[removes Warmflash's lab coat]
Dr. Molly Warmflash : Practical. Smart.
James Bond : Well let's just... skirt the issue, shall we?
[unzips and removes Warmflash's skirt]
Dr. Molly Warmflash : You'd have to promise to call me.
[presses down on Bond's broken collar bone]
James Bond : Oh.
[in pain]
Dr. Molly Warmflash : This time.
James Bond : Whatever the doctor orders.
[kiss]
Dr. Molly Warmflash : I suppose if you stayed in constant contact.
James Bond : Of course.
[unbuttons and removes Warmflash's shirt]
Dr. Molly Warmflash : If you showed sufficient
[kiss]
Dr. Molly Warmflash : stamina.
[kiss]
Dr. Molly Warmflash : Cut out all kinds of...
[kiss]
James Bond : Strenuous activity?
[kiss]
Any woman who has an interaction like that with James Bond is a Bond Girl, whether she is good, bad, or downright evil.

The actress was 38 at the time. One of the oldest Bond Girls.

Your mileage may vary.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

sad-cafe wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:08 pm Did anyone think to themselves those soldiers were praying to GOD they wouldn't stumble or drop their portion of the casket?

man they were good
Me too. Anytime I see something like this (like carrying a casket up the capitol stairs), I bite my nails waiting to see they get up without a slip? :cantlook:

I think I heard QEII's casket was lined with lead (or similar) which made it especially heavy. No link, so grain of salt and all.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

much ado wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:20 pm
:snippity:
The doctor who cleared him, didn't really consider her a Bond girl as she was only in that scene. For me a Bond girl needs to appear at least twice....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “Foreign Countries and Culture”