Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

Post by northland10 »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:46 pm
keith wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:12 am :snippity:
(Is Frater around? I need to find the door).
Okay...so you head down this hall 300 paces, then you'll see the second left, don't go there, that leads to the tenth level of hell AKA central Georgia...

You'll need to take the immediate right...then another right....then another right...and yet, another right...

Yes I know it seems you just went in a circle, but the building was designed by Salvatore Dali...

Now you want to take your second left, head down the hall 200 pace, up and down the stairs, and you'll see the revolving door...

Once out, you of course can come in again...
Where did I leave that paracompass?

No worries, I just walk around and remember "no matter where you go, there you are."
101010 :towel:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:46 pm
keith wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:12 am :snippity:
(Is Frater around? I need to find the door).
Okay...so you head down this hall 300 paces, then you'll see the second left, don't go there, that leads to the tenth level of hell AKA central Georgia...

You'll need to take the immediate right...then another right....then another right...and yet, another right...

Yes I know it seems you just went in a circle, but the building was designed by Salvatore Dali...

Now you want to take your second left, head down the hall 200 pace, up and down the stairs, and you'll see the revolving door...

Once out, you of course can come in again...
Oh man, I followed those instructions to the letter, and all I found there was an oddly melted clock with a plaque that read "Built By M. C. Escher".

I guess you are stuck with me hanging around.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

a plaque that read "Built By M. C. Escher"

And a signature - painted by Salvador Dali

;)
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

You didn't heed the warning "Ceci n'est pas une maison"?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Prince William and King Charles reacted with 'torrents of profanity' to Donald Trump's comments on Kate Middleton's nude sunbathing, new book claims

Maria Noyen
Sat, November 5, 2022 at 11:56 AM·2 min read
  • In 2012, a French magazine published photographs of Kate Middleton sunbathing topless on holiday.
    At the time, Donald Trump weighed in and tweeted that the royal only had "herself to blame."
    A new royal book claims the comments hit a nerve with both Prince William and King Charles.
Donald Trump's comments about Kate Middleton's nude sunbathing photographs in 2012 hit a nerve with Prince William, Prince Harry and King Charles, a new book claims.

Christopher Andersen is the author of the new royal biography "The King: The Life of Charles III," due to be released in the UK on December 8. His previous titles include "Brothers and Wives: Inside the Private Lives of William, Kate, Harry, and Meghan," which is one of seven books Andersen has written about the royals.

His latest work touches on the relationship Charles, 73, had with Donald Trump, 76, years before he was elected president. According to excerpts shared by Newsweek, bad blood between the royal and Trump hit boiling point when the former US president tweeted that Middleton could only "blame herself" for French magazine Closer publishing photographs of her sunbathing topless in 2012.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prince-willi ... 18067.html
(original Insider)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Extra bank holiday for coronation of King Charles III set for 8 May 2023
Extra bank holiday will follow king’s coronation two days earlier on Saturday 6 May

Sophie Zeldin-O'Neill
Sun 6 Nov 2022 00.01 GMT

The government has announced an additional bank holiday to mark the coronation of King Charles III next year.

Downing Street said the UK-wide holiday will fall on Monday 8 May after the coronation at Westminster Abbey two days earlier.

Rishi Sunak said the day would be an opportunity for families and communities across the country to come together to celebrate.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... 8-may-2023
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

According to my rough calculations Queen Elizabeth II reigned for 776 Truss's. Just thought some might want to know. :lol:

May sounds like a fine month for a coronation. Good luck Charles.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I don't support monarchy, but any king who hates Donald Trump is okay with me.

:groupdance:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That was great. And a bit depressing.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Reality Check wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:48 am According to my rough calculations Queen Elizabeth II reigned for 776 Truss's. Just thought some might want to know. :lol:
How many Scaramuccis is that?
Hic sunt dracones
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Suranis wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:37 pm
Reality Check wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:48 am According to my rough calculations Queen Elizabeth II reigned for 776 Truss's. Just thought some might want to know. :lol:
How many Scaramuccis is that?
I punched the numbers into the calculator....and this happened...

:explode:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Mine said

Error: Division by Scarmucci
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Sam the Centipede

Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:32 pm Mine said

Error: Division by Scarmucci
Is that the same as a Floating Turd Overflow?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:blackeye:
Buckingham Palace aide resigns after black guest traumatised by repeated questioning
Household member apologises after Ngozi Fulani questioned over where her ‘people’ came from

Caroline Davies and Hannah Summers
Wed 30 Nov 2022 14.27 GMT

A member of the Buckingham Palace household has resigned and apologised after a black guest at a reception hosted by the queen consort was left feeling traumatised and violated after allegedly being questioned repeatedly by a royal aide about where she was from.

Ngozi Fulani, the founder of the charity Sistah Space, which provides support for African and Caribbean heritage women affected by abuse, claimed the aide moved her hair to reveal her name badge. She was then persistently questioned over where her “people” came from, despite having said she was a British national.

The encounter, which took place on Tuesday at a violence against women and girls reception, was witnessed by two other women, Mandu Reid, the leader of the Women’s Equality party, who is of mixed-race heritage, and another black female charity representative.

Buckingham Palace launched an immediate investigation, describing the remarks as “unacceptable and deeply regrettable”. The aide concerned has offered her “profound apologies” for hurt caused and has resigned her honorary position with immediate effect.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... uestioning
Sam the Centipede

I saw the poor Ms Fulani's story via tweets and retweet; it was humiliating for her. Ms Fulani was also mortified because she wished her companions to enjoy their day, not have it spoilt by arguments and complaints, so she chose to "grin and bear it" at the time. She pointed out that there wasn't really anyone to complain to. Instead of a day of joy and pride for her, it was one of misery and anger.

Sometimes one wonders what is wrong with these out-of-touch privileged people. The lack of understanding of normal people, especially of those from different backgrounds to theirs, can be mindblowing.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

adding this detail, nothing more in the article
Prince William’s godmother quits palace over comments to black charity boss
Former lady-in-waiting to queen issues apology after Ngozi Fulani questioned over where her ‘people’ came from

Caroline Davies and Hannah Summers
Wed 30 Nov 2022 16.18 GMT

The late queen’s lady-in-waiting has resigned and apologised after a black guest at a reception hosted by the queen consort was left feeling traumatised and violated after she questioned her repeatedly about where she “really came from”.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... uestioning
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

incident seems to have kicked off "some media attention"
Lady Hussey’s racist remarks will take an already bruised palace two steps back
One can only imagine how many Commonwealth countries must view what allegedly passes for small talk at a reception

Caroline Davies
Wed 30 Nov 2022 19.09 GMT

The resignation of Lady Susan Hussey after making “unacceptable and deeply regrettable comments” to a black female guest at a Buckingham Palace reception will undoubtedly cast a gloomy shadow over the beginning of the king’s reign.

No matter that Lady Hussey, 83, who served six long loyal decades as lady-in-waiting to the late Queen – and who was nicknamed “No 1 Head Girl” by royal staff – is not a key aide in the king’s private office. She is a close friend of Charles, who made her a godmother to his eldest son, William.

Her new job title, announced only last week, was as one of three Ladies-of-the-Household, there to assist at palace functions and the like. Nevertheless, it is a public-facing, honorary role.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... steps-back
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

In Buckingham Palace and outside it, we know what it means when people ask ‘where are you from’
When Susan Hussey asked that of a black British charity boss, she echoed the words of many who alienate people of colour

Kohinoor Sahota
Wed 30 Nov 2022 18.22 GMT

“Where are you from?” is a question that every person in my family has been asked, from my parents in the 1960s to my little nephew, crying on his way back from school. I’ve faced the question from schoolteachers who want to know if I speak English, dates trying to exoticise me – and a manager who laughed afterwards, knowing he should not have asked.

“Where are you really from?” is the follow-up, if you don’t give someone what they want. While the question can come from a place of curiosity, it is hard to ignore the sinister undertones, especially when it’s repeated.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ck-british
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The problem is that people in England and Ireland ask everyone "Where are you from?" as a matter of course when meeting people. Saying it adds on a sinister meaning when said to Black people is a bit of a stretch, to put it mildly.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Suranis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:41 am The problem is that people in England and Ireland ask everyone "Where are you from?" as a matter of course when meeting people. Saying it adds on a sinister meaning when said to Black people is a bit of a stretch, to but it mildly.
The problem occurs when the person of color answers with the name of their British hometown and the person asking doesn’t accept that answer. Instead they continue with, no, what country are you from. When the reply is that they were born here and they are a British citizen, that’s still not enough. That’s what happened in this most recent incident.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Suranis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:41 am The problem is that people in England and Ireland ask everyone "Where are you from?" as a matter of course when meeting people. Saying it adds on a sinister meaning when said to Black people is a bit of a stretch, to but it mildly.
I think this is a matter of repetition and experience. "Where are you from" asked once is curiosity, perhaps courteous conversation. Touching another person's hair to move it so you can see a name tag clearly ups the ante a bit. Refusing to accept the answer given and asking yet again "Where are you from" communicates that you are not "one of us so explain yourself".

If one experiences this multiple times over one's lifetime and the questioner is always white you can understand the meaning even though that may not be the conscious intent.

I saw this happen once in Arkansas. A family member and I were canoeing. We encountered an Asian looking woman. We made small talk. My family member asked the woman " Where are you from". The woman responded with the name of a town in Arkansas. The family member then said, "Where are you really from" meaning "originally from". This family member does not pick up on body language at all. The woman was irritated by the question. She was an Arkansan and an American. Why keep asking questions because her ancestry was Asian?

The Lady in Waiting became an interrogator of a woman who was being honored for her work. The Lady in Waiting acted like an ignorant, entitled person who needs some training in communications.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I wonder if Lady Susan Hussey asked Meghan Markle the same questions :mrgreen:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?

Return to “Foreign Countries and Culture”