Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

Post by Luke »

Why in the world is this coming out now? Did we miss something? Is the Queen abdicating like Emperor Heisei?

With Queen Elizabeth just celebrating her Platinum Jubilee, it seems in bad taste to be talking about succession. But it's none of our business, it's our friends in the UK. Just seems odd.

Written by a Trainee Reporter.
Prince Charles and Camilla to be crowned 'side-by-side in scaled-back coronation'
Charles is said to be drawing up plans for a coronation at Westminster Abbey that would be significantly shorter and cheaper than his mother’s was
By Jordan Shepherd Trainee Reporter
11:44, 14 FEB 2022 UPDATED 14:00, 14 FEB 2022

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles are set to be crowned side by side during a scaled-back coronation ceremony at Westminster Abbey according to a Royal source. The Duke of Rothesay's trimmed-down Royal service is planned to be much cheaper than his mother's coronation in 1953. The news comes after it was revealed that it is the Queen's “sincere wish” that Camilla is crowned as Queen Consort when Charles takes the throne - the last time the honour was bestowed was in 1937 when the Queen's mother sat alongside King George VI. A source told the Mail Online plans for Charles and Camilla’s coronation, which is due to happen within a year of Charles's accession, are being discussed as part of 'Operation Golden Orb'. He said the ceremony will be “shorter, sooner, smaller, less expensive and more representative of different community groups and faiths".

The source also said some aspects of the coronation will be altered to “reflect modern day Britain”, but it will remain an Anglican service with the vows not expected to change. The number of guests will be limited to 2,000 and fewer members of the Royal family will be in attendance. Far fewer protectorates are also expected to be invited. A source said: 'It will be a slimmed-down Monarchy on display throughout. "I wouldn't be surprised to see just Charles and Camilla, Kate and William and their children on the Buckingham Palace balcony afterwards.”

The Queen, who turns 96 in April, became the first British monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee this month, marking 70 years of service. She was crowned on June 2 in 1953 at Westminster Abbey, following the death of her father King George VI the previous year. Around 27 million people watched the ceremony on TV and 11 million listened on the radio.

Earlier this month, she praised Camilla's "loyal service" and said she wants her daughter-in-law to become Queen Consort "in the fullness of time". The Queen also said that when Camilla and Charles are crowned, she expects people across the country to offer "the same support that you have given me". When the couple married in 2005, royal aides said she wouldn't take on the role and would instead become Princess Consort.
https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/ ... e-26224245

And here are their astrological charts :P

Charles, Prince of Wales
Birthname Charles Philip Arthur George Mountbatten-Windsor
born on 14 November 1948 at 21:14 (= 9:14 PM )

Charles Chart.JPG
Charles Chart.JPG (129.15 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?wgi ... NbfwEbZD0Q

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
Birthname Camilla Rosemary Shand
born on 17 July 1947 at 07:10 (= 07:10 AM )
Place London, England, 51n30, 0w10

Camilla Chart.JPG
Camilla Chart.JPG (116.93 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?wgi ... j-oLOnQ-hQ
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Azastan
Verified:

Re: King Charles (Heir Apparent, Scorpio) and Queen Camilla (Cancer)

Post by Azastan »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:10 pm Why in the world is this coming out now? Did we miss something? Is the Queen abdicating like Emperor Heisei?

With Queen Elizabeth just celebrating her Platinum Jubilee, it seems in bad taste to be talking about succession. But it's none of our business, it's our friends in the UK. Just seems odd.

Written by a Trainee Reporter.
Prince Charles and Camilla to be crowned 'side-by-side in scaled-back coronation'
Charles is said to be drawing up plans for a coronation at Westminster Abbey that would be significantly shorter and cheaper than his mother’s was
By Jordan Shepherd Trainee Reporter
11:44, 14 FEB 2022 UPDATED 14:00, 14 FEB 2022

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles are set to be crowned side by side during a scaled-back coronation ceremony at Westminster Abbey according to a Royal source. The Duke of Rothesay's trimmed-down Royal service is planned to be much cheaper than his mother's coronation in 1953. The news comes after it was revealed that it is the Queen's “sincere wish” that Camilla is crowned as Queen Consort when Charles takes the throne - the last time the honour was bestowed was in 1937 when the Queen's mother sat alongside King George VI. A source told the Mail Online plans for Charles and Camilla’s coronation, which is due to happen within a year of Charles's accession, are being discussed as part of 'Operation Golden Orb'. He said the ceremony will be “shorter, sooner, smaller, less expensive and more representative of different community groups and faiths".

The source also said some aspects of the coronation will be altered to “reflect modern day Britain”, but it will remain an Anglican service with the vows not expected to change. The number of guests will be limited to 2,000 and fewer members of the Royal family will be in attendance. Far fewer protectorates are also expected to be invited. A source said: 'It will be a slimmed-down Monarchy on display throughout. "I wouldn't be surprised to see just Charles and Camilla, Kate and William and their children on the Buckingham Palace balcony afterwards.”

The Queen, who turns 96 in April, became the first British monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee this month, marking 70 years of service. She was crowned on June 2 in 1953 at Westminster Abbey, following the death of her father King George VI the previous year. Around 27 million people watched the ceremony on TV and 11 million listened on the radio.

Earlier this month, she praised Camilla's "loyal service" and said she wants her daughter-in-law to become Queen Consort "in the fullness of time". The Queen also said that when Camilla and Charles are crowned, she expects people across the country to offer "the same support that you have given me". When the couple married in 2005, royal aides said she wouldn't take on the role and would instead become Princess Consort.
https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/ ... e-26224245

And here are their astrological charts :P

Charles, Prince of Wales
Birthname Charles Philip Arthur George Mountbatten-Windsor
born on 14 November 1948 at 21:14 (= 9:14 PM )

Charles Chart.JPG

https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?wgi ... NbfwEbZD0Q

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
Birthname Camilla Rosemary Shand
born on 17 July 1947 at 07:10 (= 07:10 AM )
Place London, England, 51n30, 0w10

Camilla Chart.JPG

https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?wgi ... j-oLOnQ-hQ
Because Her Majesty has said it's all right to have Camilla be Queen Consort, and not Princess Consort? Camilla would be getting CROWNED as Queen, no need for a princess to be crowned. Coronations are rather elaborate occasions, with all sorts of ranks and rules, so it makes sense to have possible seating arrangements drawn up ahead of time?

How long does it take to get a president inaugurated?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Yes, I believe it is because Charles’ coronation plan has been publicised and Camilla will be seated next to him.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I don't think it odd that they are planning for this now. I read that Camilla has shown herself to be worthy to the Queen and has been accepted by the country, which took a while after Diana's death.

I think Charles said it would not take so long to do this. It often takes months, I think, to plan it. After all, it's not like an inauguration, which is done every four years. The queen is the longest reigning monarch in English history, but these things are normally done on a more (ir)regular basis than more than fifty years. The queen obviously has good genes, as did her mother. Her husband did pretty well, too.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:33 pm

It often takes months, I think, to plan it.
The last time a monarch was crowned in England:

The coronation of Elizabeth II took place on 2 June 1953 at Westminster Abbey in London. Elizabeth II acceded to the throne at the age of 25 upon the death of her father, George VI, on 6 February 1952, being proclaimed queen by her privy and executive councils shortly afterwards.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

All it is is releasing their plans for the Coronation. Its not saying they are going to put a silver stake in the Old Bats Heart, they are just saying whenever it happens, these are the plans for it.

Actually I quite like the Queen, but that line was too good not to use. :)
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That's true. I think Charles said he wants a more timely coronation. It's a few days since I read either this or another similar article. The queen's father was ill, but died unexpectedly. It could be different with Elizabeth. I do think she has said in the past that she would not step down, but who knows?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:47 pm That's true. I think Charles said he wants a more timely coronation. It's a few days since I read either this or another similar article. The queen's father was ill, but died unexpectedly. It could be different with Elizabeth. I do think she has said in the past that she would not step down, but who knows?
She won't step down, but don't forget that there will be a period of mourning. Charles will become king immediately upon Elizabeth's demise, but he won't have the coronation until the mourning is over.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Azastan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:12 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:47 pm That's true. I think Charles said he wants a more timely coronation. It's a few days since I read either this or another similar article. The queen's father was ill, but died unexpectedly. It could be different with Elizabeth. I do think she has said in the past that she would not step down, but who knows?
She won't step down, but don't forget that there will be a period of mourning. Charles will become king immediately upon Elizabeth's demise, but he won't have the coronation until the mourning is over.
Yep. "The Queen is dead. Long live the King."
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I am not a Brit but I stll don't think that "rottweiler" should be Queen
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I am a Brit, and any country that wants the whole lot of them is welcome. Hereditary monarchy :bored:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I thought technically Camilla couldn't be queen, but would be like a consort, like Prince-Consort Albert. :confuzzled:

Except she'd be Princess-Consort, I reckon. :think:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:58 am I thought technically Camilla couldn't be queen, but would be like a consort, like Prince-Consort Albert. :confuzzled:

In a message to mark her Platinum Jubilee, the Queen expressed her “sincere wish” that Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, will be queen consort when her husband Prince Charles ascends the throne.

in https://theconversation.com/queen-camil ... ers-176599
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Ah, I fell behind. Bizzy life. :blackeye:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Azastan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:15 pm How long does it take to get a president inaugurated?
Since we know we will have an inauguration at an exact point, every four years, we have a process in place and only need to work with the President-elect to fill in the blanks. Actually, I would not be surprised if some things were already started with the candidates in order to provide some more planning time (they do that with other topics).

Having a ceremony less often, like 70 years, means they don't really have a system down as we do.
101010 :towel:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

northland10 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:58 am
Azastan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:15 pm How long does it take to get a president inaugurated?
Since we know we will have an inauguration at an exact point, every four years, we have a process in place and only need to work with the President-elect to fill in the blanks. Actually, I would not be surprised if some things were already started with the candidates in order to provide some more planning time (they do that with other topics).

Having a ceremony less often, like 70 years, means they don't really have a system down as we do.
That was a rhetorical question, actually. Even knowing who will be president, it still takes a couple of months to get the inauguration ready.

There is a system for coronations, but as you point out, it hasn't been used in 70 years, so pretty much anyone who may have participated in the past won't be around for the next one. I imagine that the principals have been woken up and will be practicing their lines and roles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronatio ... sh_monarch

Note: In 1952 the Dean of Westminster was allowed a claim to advise the Queen on the proper procedure during the ceremony (for nearly a thousand years he and his predecessor abbots have kept an unpublished Red Book of practices)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Azastan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:28 am There is a system for coronations, but as you point out, it hasn't been used in 70 years, so pretty much anyone who may have participated in the past won't be around for the next one. I imagine that the principals have been woken up and will be practicing their lines and roles.

Note: In 1952 the Dean of Westminster was allowed a claim to advise the Queen on the proper procedure during the ceremony (for nearly a thousand years he and his predecessor abbots have kept an unpublished Red Book of practices)
Given the average length of service, the current ABC (Archbishop of Canterbury) may still be in place when the time comes.
101010 :towel:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

northland10 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:38 am
Azastan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:28 am There is a system for coronations, but as you point out, it hasn't been used in 70 years, so pretty much anyone who may have participated in the past won't be around for the next one. I imagine that the principals have been woken up and will be practicing their lines and roles.

Given the average length of service, the current ABC (Archbishop of Canterbury) may still be in place when the time comes.
The Archbishop of Canterbury for Elizabeth II's coronation was Geoffrey Francis Fisher, who passed away in 1972, so he definitely won't be around for the next coronation.

I think Justin Welby will be around, however.
Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

Azastan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:28 am That was a rhetorical question, actually. Even knowing who will be president, it still takes a couple of months to get the inauguration ready.
Not really. You have a couple of months to get ready because that's what the Constitution provides. As far as I understand it, that is because after the day appointed for the chusing of the Electors, the votes have to be counted, then Mr. Fox's XVIII Century Chronicle And Despatch has to publish which persons are to be the Electors, then the incumbent has to publish some Papers claiming it was stolen, then the Electors have to meet and cast their votes within each of the several States, then someone has to ride on horseback from the several States to the ten miles square that is set aside for the national capital, because railways are not yet invented, then the National Archivist has to do something, then there's an Insurrection, then Congress has the right to object to the Electors but not really, and after that there isn't much time to arrange for more people to fill the National Mall than the former guy had.

The difference in the ceremonies is that in the Royal system the former guy (being deceased) isn't present at the ceremony. Whereas in the US system,
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The difference in the ceremonies is that in the Royal system the former guy (being deceased) isn't present at the ceremony. Whereas in the US system,
Not the last time. :evil:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

They actually have plans made up well in advance and update them constantly.

The death of Diana did cause a bit of a stir though. They hadn't set up a plan yet, and after the divorce didn't think they would need one. When they were forced to have a state event, they hastely adapted the Queen Mother's plan.

The Queen's funeral, mourning period, Chuck's coronation, etc has been planned for decades. Australian TV has been flooded with Royal end of life documentaries for the last 10 years as the production companies bean counters get tired of holding on to the product for so long waiting for her to kick the bucket. It serves many purposes, reminds people how much they love her, gets it out there before it has to be updated too much, its cheap content, but the interview participants get a little kick for their pensions if they are still living, builds sympathy for Chuck, takes cheap shots at Diana and promote Cammy, just generally propagandise for the continuation of the Monarchy.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

C'mon, dialect police here, afaik no Brit uses Chuck as a nickname for a Charles. It's Charlie or Chas (pron. Chaz, from the old way of abbreviating the name).

Or for readers of the satirical magazine Private Eye he is Brian, apparently the name palace staff would use when they needed to pass information between themselves without any onlookers suspecting who they were talking about. The queen was Brenda in that system; I can't remember any of the others.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:54 pm C'mon, dialect police here, afaik no Brit uses Chuck as a nickname for a Charles. It's Charlie or Chas (pron. Chaz, from the old way of abbreviating the name).

Or for readers of the satirical magazine Private Eye he is Brian, apparently the name palace staff would use when they needed to pass information between themselves without any onlookers suspecting who they were talking about. The queen was Brenda in that system; I can't remember any of the others.
Maybe so, but in Australia, he is most often called Chuck in range of my ears.

True, his mother is quite often refered to as Brenda, but SWMBO has an unrepeatable term for her which shall not repeat.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

keith wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:43 pm

They actually have plans made up well in advance and update them constantly.

The death of Diana did cause a bit of a stir though. They hadn't set up a plan yet, and after the divorce didn't think they would need one. When they were forced to have a state event, they hastely adapted the Queen Mother's plan.

The Queen's funeral, mourning period, Chuck's coronation, etc has been planned for decades. Australian TV has been flooded with Royal end of life documentaries for the last 10 years as the production companies bean counters get tired of holding on to the product for so long waiting for her to kick the bucket. It serves many purposes, reminds people how much they love her, gets it out there before it has to be updated too much, its cheap content, but the interview participants get a little kick for their pensions if they are still living, builds sympathy for Chuck, takes cheap shots at Diana and promote Cammy, just generally propagandise for the continuation of the Monarchy.
When DIana died, there was no intention that she be given a state funeral. The Queen's position was that, after the divorce, Diana was no longer a member of the Royal Family and therefore not entitled to one. The Queen felt that, as Diana was a private citizen, it was the prerogative of the Spenser family to arrange her services. It was only after the outcry over the public's perception of the Royal Family's indifference to Diana's death, that they hastily arranged a public funeral

At the time, the public still had bitter memories of the divorce and who Charles was perceived to have mistreated her. Diana was always more popular than the rest of the Royal Family, particularly Charles. Camilla was widely scorned as "the other woman" who broke up Charles and Diana's marriage.

Shortly after Charles and Camilla's marriage, Charles and the Queen agreed that Camilla would not be entitled to be called Queen or to be addressed as "Her Royal Highness". This, I think was to quell the public opinion that Camilla should never be Queen. I remember at the time, that it was reported that there was a surge in public opinion in favor of abolishing the monarchy, at least after Elizabeth died.

So, Queen Elizabeth seems to be backing down from that position. Of course, Charles could grant her the title of Queen anyway, after he became King, but to do so in the face of the public's memory of Elizabeth's opposition, would be extremely unpopular.

And, I'm sure that there are at least outlines of plans for the funerals of William, Harry and Kate Middleton, even though they are not likely to die any time soon. I think that the fact that there were no plans for Diana's funeral was not because they were caught unprepared. I believe a conscious decision had been made that there would be no state funeral for her.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Foggy wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:58 am I thought technically Camilla couldn't be queen, but would be like a consort, like Prince-Consort Albert. :confuzzled:

At the time of her marriage to Charles, it was announced that Camilla would become Princess-Consort and not crowned as Queen-Consort. My understanding is that because Diana was so popular, her death was so mourned, and Camilla was unpopular at the time she and Charles married, not crowning her as queen was a good PR decision.

But the country has had a chance to see Camilla as a royal. It's my understanding that she has a warm and affectionate relationship with William and Harry. Camilla and Charles have lived without further scandal. Charles seems genuinely happy with Camilla.

Imo, the Queen realizes that Camilla will now be accepted as queen by subjects. Yes, some will be angry about this decision. Some would be angry if Camilla wasn't crowned queen. Pffffff.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"

Return to “Foreign Countries and Culture”