King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Re: King Charles (Heir Apparent, Scorpio) and Queen Camilla (Cancer)

Post by keith »

noblepa wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:20 pm And, I'm sure that there are at least outlines of plans for the funerals of William, Harry and Kate Middleton, even though they are not likely to die any time soon. I think that the fact that there were no plans for Diana's funeral was not because they were caught unprepared. I believe a conscious decision had been made that there would be no state funeral for her.
Exactly.

During the marriage, there would have been contingency "plans" which were really just pro-forma lists of what would be expected during the funeral of a person of rank. So there are broad outlines drawn up and files prepared with each person's name on it. Diana would have had such a file. During a person's lifetime, they are consulted periodically about their wishes and those are incorporated into the plan. The details are fleshed out more and more as their end of life approaches.

However, after the divorce, Diana was no longer a person of rank who required such a plan be prepared. The file and any rudimentary plans it may have contained would have been deleted.

When she died, and public opinion forced the Queen to grant a royal ceremonial (it was not a State Funeral), the only detailed plan available was that of Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.

Wikipedia: Funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales
The funeral plan for the Queen Mother, codenamed Operation Tay Bridge, had been rehearsed for 22 years and was used as the basis for Diana's funeral
Note that the Queen Mother lived on for a further 5 years after Diana, so her funeral was prepared and rehearsed for almost 30 years.

I kinda suspect Brenda's funeral is getting at least as much attention as her mother's did.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

northland10 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:58 am
Azastan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:15 pm How long does it take to get a president inaugurated?
Since we know we will have an inauguration at an exact point, every four years, we have a process in place and only need to work with the President-elect to fill in the blanks. Actually, I would not be surprised if some things were already started with the candidates in order to provide some more planning time (they do that with other topics).

Having a ceremony less often, like 70 years, means they don't really have a system down as we do.
They better check on those ancient historic costumes and look how many survived the moths, time for the artisans to revive their skills, remember no EU nationals permitted to do the menial jobs, Queen King Sovereignity reigns ;)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:43 am
northland10 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:58 am
Azastan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:15 pm How long does it take to get a president inaugurated?
Since we know we will have an inauguration at an exact point, every four years, we have a process in place and only need to work with the President-elect to fill in the blanks. Actually, I would not be surprised if some things were already started with the candidates in order to provide some more planning time (they do that with other topics).

Having a ceremony less often, like 70 years, means they don't really have a system down as we do.
They better check on those ancient historic costumes and look how many survived the moths, time for the artisans to revive their skills, remember no EU nationals permitted to do the menial jobs, Queen King Sovereignity reigns ;)
I am not worried about having a proper cope for the event (the cape-like liturgical garb worn by the ABC and Dean of Westminster Abbey). By the looks of things, the abbey has a huge amount available (multiple ones for most liturgical colors which are based on season) and in the church world, we are rather particular about maintaining really old stuff that has not been used for decades.

I cannot speak for the other outfits as the only fashion choices I will notice for the ceremony are the ones worn by the liturgical roles (clergy, acolytes, choir, verger, organists, subdeacons, etc.).
101010 :towel:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Live Updates: Queen Elizabeth Tests Positive for the Coronavirus
The 95-year-old British monarch was “experiencing mild coldlike symptoms,” Buckingham Palace said. She recently met with her son Prince Charles, who had tested positive this month.
LONDON — Queen Elizabeth II has been infected with the coronavirus, Buckingham Palace said on Sunday, becoming one of the world’s most prominent figures to battle the virus and deeply rattling the country she has led for seven decades.

The palace issued few details about the condition of the queen, who turns 96 in April.

“Buckingham Palace confirm that the queen has today tested positive for Covid,” the palace said in a statement. “Her Majesty is experiencing mild coldlike symptoms but expects to continue light duties at Windsor over the coming week. She will continue to receive medical attention and will follow all the appropriate guidelines.”

She met this month with her eldest son and heir, Prince Charles, who was reinfected with the coronavirus and went into isolation. He last contracted a mild case of the virus in March 2020, as the pandemic was first engulfing Britain.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson suffered a severe bout of Covid around the same time and ended up in an intensive care unit. But even that alarming episode paled next to the news that the queen, who has reigned for longer than most Britons have been alive, has contracted a potentially deadly disease.

Buckingham Palace has labored to protect the queen from exposure to the virus. She retreated to Windsor Castle in early 2020 with her husband, Prince Philip, and lived in virtual quarantine for more than a year.

Elizabeth received a dose of a coronavirus vaccine in January 2021 at Windsor Castle, along with Philip. The palace has not confirmed any subsequent vaccine doses. Charles has said that he is fully vaccinated and boosted.
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/02/20 ... beth-covid
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:20 pm I am a Brit, and any country that wants the whole lot of them is welcome. Hereditary monarchy :bored:
:lol: Tell us how you really feel. ;)
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: King Charles (Heir Apparent, Scorpio) and Queen Camilla (Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

Post by Luke »

Idiots on Twitter started rumors that the Queen passed away. Probably the same ones that said she was executed at Gitmo a few years ago. The dead-enders (and betting lots of Russian bots) couldn't wait to spread it. It made Trending Topics until Twitter posted a rebuttal on the search term. Irresponsible jerks.

QEII is Covergirl of People Magazine.
Queen Elizabeth's Private Pain: Royal Family Scandal and COVID Are 'Going to Take a Toll,' Says Insider
“I’ve not known such a tumultuous time as this," a royal insider tells PEOPLE
By Stephanie Petit and Simon Perry
February 22, 2022 02:00 PM
Queen Elizabeth's COVID-19 diagnosis comes during an increasingly "tumultuous time" for the royal family.

Despite the 95-year-old monarch celebrating her Platinum Jubilee this year, marking 70 years on the throne, 2022 is off to a rough start. In addition to her latest health setback, the Queen is also dealing with several royal family scandals, including Prince Andrew's settlement with his sexual assault accuser, an investigation into Prince Charles' charity following cash-for-honors allegation* and the 2020 departure of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. "It's a drip-feed of negativity for the monarchy," says a palace insider in this week's cover story. "I've not known such a tumultuous time as this." A royal insider adds: "It just feels to be one thing after another for the Queen. It's going to take a toll."

The Queen no longer has her most trusted companion beside her following the death of her husband, Prince Philip, in April — just one of the many deaths of close confidants that the monarch has experienced in recent months. "There's a difference between being alone and being lonely," says the palace insider. Factor in even mild symptoms of COVID, and it "must be hard," adds the insider. "Whatever the symptoms, when you're feeling below par, having to deal with the other problems is really hard." However, the Queen remains resolute even in the midst of difficult times. The Queen "is stoical and mentally strong," adds the insider.

Still, the cumulative stress along with her age has taken a toll on the usually vibrant Queen Elizabeth. Just last week, she quipped that she "can't move" as she gestured with her cane during an in-person meeting. She's also been unable to take part in one of her favorite leisurely activities: horseback riding. Queen Elizabeth hasn't been riding her beloved ponies in recent months due to "discomfort." "In the past, one of the things that's always been a way for her to cope is to be physically active," says historian Amanda Foreman, author of Queen Victoria's Buckingham Palace. "And with that being curtailed, it makes it especially hard."

The Queen remains focused on celebrating her Platinum Jubilee in June with a long weekend of events. "Her main concern will be to get back to be in fighting form to start the Jubilee celebrations," says the insider. "She's of the generation where you 'suck it up.' It is duty first." Adds royal biographer Sally Bedell Smith, author of Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch: "She's very, very good at dealing with what life throws at her. She understands that she needs to project that positive image more than ever and go about her business."
https://people.com/royals/queen-elizabe ... s-insider/

WT everloving F, Chuck?

Police Launch Inquiry Into Prince Charles's Charity Following Cash-for-Honors Allegations
The Prince’s Foundation is cooperating with Metropolitan Police following reports that honors and British citizenship were sought on behalf of a Saudi businessman in exchange for financial donations
By Simon Perry February 16, 2022 08:49 AM

Prince Charles's charity is facing more difficult questions amid an ongoing inquiry into cash-for-honors allegations. The Metropolitan Police announced on Wednesday that detectives have launched an investigation following allegations that donations to the charity were made to secure official honors and British citizenship for a Saudi businessman. The Prince's Foundation was rocked by the allegations that first surfaced in newspapers last September. The charity, a branch of which was visited by Charles, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Kate Middleton earlier this month, is cooperating with the inquiry, PEOPLE understands. There have been no arrests, Scotland Yard said in a statement. A spokesperson for The Prince's Foundation said, "It would be inappropriate to comment on an ongoing investigation."

The investigation is looking into allegations of offenses under "the Honours (Prevention of Abuses) Act 1925," Scotland Yard said. "The decision follows an assessment of a September 2021 letter. This related to media reporting alleging offers of help were made to secure honours and citizenship for a Saudi national," the statement continued. "The Special Enquiry Team has conducted the assessment process which has included contacting those believed to hold relevant information. "Officers liaised with The Prince's Foundation about the findings of an independent investigation into fundraising practices. The Foundation provided a number of relevant documents. "These documents were reviewed alongside existing information. The assessment determined an investigation will commence."

On Wednesday, Charles's office reiterated their statement from September, saying, "The Prince of Wales had no knowledge of the alleged offer of honours or British citizenship on the basis of donation to his charities." In September, it emerged that the Prince's Foundation had launched an inquiry of its own. The Sunday Times and The Mail on Sunday reported allegations that the chief executive of the foundation, Michael Fawcett, helped support a campaign for official honors for Saudi businessman Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz. In November, Fawcett, who was once one of Charles's closest aides having risen from the Queen's footman to the prince's valet and ultimately running the charity, resigned from his post amid the ongoing inquiry.
https://people.com/royals/police-launch ... legations/

Dude.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: King Charles (Heir Apparent, Scorpio) and Queen Camilla (Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

Post by raison de arizona »

Queen Elizabeth II is feeling well enough to return to work, Buckingham Palace said, ending more than a week of heightened concern about the 95-year-old monarch’s health after she tested positive for the coronavirus.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Umm, what exactly does she do for "work"? :confuzzled:

I suspect they don't really make her mop floors, but hay ... I've mopped more than a few floors in my life, it ain't so bad.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

The Queen, IMHO, has a difficult, energy draining job of hosting huge, public events at which political agendas are at play constantly.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ya, its like saying Joe Biden just sits around all day.
Hic sunt dracones
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:30 am The Queen, IMHO, has a difficult, energy draining job of hosting huge, public events at which political agendas are at play constantly.
:yeahthat: And all without joining one side or the other or giving her own opinion on the matter.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Suranis wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:32 am Ya, its like saying Joe Biden just sits around all day.
Much like Biden's many hours of "executive time," I'm sure the Queen spends much of her day in "monarch time." :mrgreen:

Or something. :mrgreen:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

She's NINETY FIVE. She's in better shape than my dad, who's 94 this week, but do NOT tell me she has a work schedule like Biden. Especially this week.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Foggy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:56 pm She's NINETY FIVE. She's in better shape than my dad, who's 94 this week, but do NOT tell me she has a work schedule like Biden. Especially this week.
Has President Biden been presidenting since his father died, 70 years ago?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

No, and she is awesome. I keep a photo of her when she was young on this machine.

She's been queen almost my entire life.

But let her rest, when she's 95. Give her a break and some nice tea and biscuits. My dad still does stuff. She probably wants to stay active as long as possible. But at 95 it's OK to slow down, even if you've been Queen since 1953.
EH9Z3B5XYAEAOV8.jpg
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Foggy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:09 pm No, and she is awesome. I keep a photo of her when she was young on this machine.

She's been queen almost my entire life.

But let her rest, when she's 95. Give her a break and some nice tea and biscuits.
She's the Queen. She will decide if she wants, or needs, a rest.

If she wanted to abdicate, she could have done so already.
I have in sincerity pledged myself to your service, as so many of you are pledged to mine. Throughout all my life and with all my heart I shall strive to be worthy of your trust.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

That's why she's so awesome. I saw her speech about the pandemic, and she hit it out of the park. :lovestruck:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I do find it peculiar that citizens of a nation (partly) founded on the rejection of the concept of monarchy, and “all men being created equal” have such affection for the UK’s hereditary monarch. Although the power of the monarchy has progressively diminished over the years it is both the pinnacle and foundation of the UK’s “class system” that still permeates so many areas of our society. :blackeye:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
bob

Post by bob »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:12 pm I do find it peculiar that citizens of a nation (partly) founded on the rejection of the concept of monarchy, and “all men being created equal” have such affection for the UK’s hereditary monarch. Although the power of the monarchy has progressively diminished over the years it is both the pinnacle and foundation of the UK’s “class system” that still permeates so many areas of our society. :blackeye:
I think people like this particular monarch, and not the monarchy generally or as an institution.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yes, and there are other monarchs out there about whom Americans do not care a whit.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:12 pm I do find it peculiar that citizens of a nation (partly) founded on the rejection of the concept of monarchy, and “all men being created equal” have such affection for the UK’s hereditary monarch.
I don't know about everyone else, but I am a Lanky Lass bred and born.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:58 am I thought technically Camilla couldn't be queen, but would be like a consort, like Prince-Consort Albert. :confuzzled:

Except she'd be Princess-Consort, I reckon. :think:
She can be and will be Queen Consort. That is as it has always been, its when the actual monarch is a woman that they have to make different rules.

William and Mary co-ruled, Queen Elizabeth I never married. Queens Ann, Victoria and Elizabeth II are the only female monarchs who have held the throne in their own right with a husband who was a "Prince Consort".

Regardless of sex, only the hereditary holder of the title can be the Monarch and the title "King" can only be held by the Monarch, whereas the title "Queen" can be held by a consort.

History geek app ends....
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

My first time ever in England was the Queen's official birthday.

America could kind of use, if not a Monarch at least someone we like so much we give them 2 birthday's and absolutely no power. If only we could neuter a Kardashian but I digress. To continue, the first time I'm in England, I'd been on a plane for like 14 hours and was still wide awake. I stayed at a hotel that was just around the corner from Bond Street a block or so from Marble Arch. I checked in, changed clothes and set out to discover London.

The first place I stumbled on was Speaker's Corner and I spent a bit listening to the loonies who were quite clearly insane but unlike some American idiots, still seemed as Douglas Adams would say, Mostly Harmless. I got bored and went to the tube, figured it out and rode the 4 stops to where the directions said to get off for LSE. I wandered around and found out where I needed to be on Monday and still feeling fresh, I set out to find Westminster, which to me at the time was the center of the universe, just something I wanted to see.

I heard some artillery firing and figured there was a parade somewhere, and headed towards it, across what I now know was St James Park, soon to become one of my favorite places, but still new. I eventually stumbled, now a little punch drunk from sleep deprivation, on to Pall Mall at the Victoria Statue in front of Buckingham Palace, and just then, here comes Her Majesty The Queen, in a carriage and all, dressed up for Trooping the Color, which to the yanks here is like the Military Birthday Party. Back then she still rode a horse for part of it I think, I've never seen the ceremony itself, just this, when the Queen, as close to me as a few yards, and I felt like she showed up just to welcome me to the UK. This was pre 9/11 mind you, but I was amazed at the apparent looseness of security, I'm not ever likely to get anywhere near as close to a US President even if I tried, much less just staggering out and almost running into her half out of my mind on melatonin and dopamine.

Good on her, I'm a hopeless anglophile and cannot imagine Britain without the Windsors. They have no power, they're good for tourism and despite having as many or more scandals than most families but with far more publicity, I hope y'all keep them around. Its reassuring to have something that dates back near 1,000 years and is now at least, mostly harmless.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Last time I was in London I took a tube train through the center on the Victoria Line. One station was Green Park, before which came the automated announcement: "The next station is Green Park. Alight here for Buckingham Palace."

It's very thoughtful of the tube operators to provide this extra hint to any confused princes and princesses traveling to see Her Majesty who might be unfamiliar with the geography of the tube network.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uks-pr ... 022-03-01/

Charles gave a strong speech against brutal Ukraine invasion.

Return to “Foreign Countries and Culture”