Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

USA vs. GUY WESLEY REFFITT

LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Re: USA vs. GUY WESLEY REFFITT

Post by LM K »

Government expects to rest by lunchtime Monday.

The defense has no witnesses. :shock:

It's possible the case will go to jury Monday afternoon.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Is just my Chrome or do posted tweets load slower than downloading the Library of Congress' entire data warehouse?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

John Thomas8 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:25 am Is just my Chrome or do posted tweets load slower than downloading the Library of Congress' entire data warehouse?
It's not just you. part of the problem is people are posting tweets without chopping off the extra crap that allows twitter to track where tweets are going. that data doubles or triples the amount of data bieng exchanged. The other problem is that twitter traffic is so huge that some slowdown is inevitable even if they were not an unethical service.

I really wish people would just copy snd paste the tweet link and put URL tags around it so it's just a link, and then copy and paste the Tweet text. For tweets without pictures that's all you need to do. You only need to load the tweet itself it its one with pictures or movies. If I can do it, anyone can. That would massively cut down the load time of pages here. I'm a little tired of just seeing empty space for up to a minute.
Hic sunt dracones
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Jim Hoft and the Gateway House of Boys are really ANGRY!!

"According to civil rights attorney John Burns, calling a defendant’s minor children against them is highly unusual." Burns and civil rights decedent Orly Taitz should hang a shingle together.
HORRIFIC! Prosecution Calls Teenage Kids of January 6’er to the Stand As Witnesses Against Him! THE BIDEN REGIME HAS NO CONSCIENCE! Exclusive Letter from Wife!!
By Cara Castronuova Published March 6, 2022 at 8:00am

Only in Biden’s America would the FBI and DOJ use a man’s own teenage children to record and testify against him! :?: Guy Reffitt, pictured in the courtroom drawing below, wept uncontrollably as he listened to his son Jackson Reffitt testify against him this past Friday. As America and the rest of the world fixate on Ukraine and Putin in the East, the Biden Regime of the West conveniently and quietly started their first January 6th trail last week against an American Citizen. “The world is furious over Putin’s persecution of Ukranians, but what about the political persecution going on right here in the United States in a courthouse in Washington, DC as we speak?”, asked Tina Ryan of Citizens Against Political Persecution.

Reffitt (who never entered the Capitol building on January 6th) has not seen his son or the rest of his family since he was arrested on January 19th of 2021. He has been held at DC Gulag since. His son’s testimony against him was the first time he had seen the boy in over a year. Jackson, the son of the defendant, is the Department of Injustice’s key witness in the case they have built against his father. According to Nicole Reffitt, the wife of Guy Reffitt and mother to Jackson Reffitt: “Jackson recorded his family home for 8 days following his Dad’s return from DC, and many of the recordings were Jackson provoking his dad into debate, and out and out purposely provoking his dad…all at the behest of the FBI.”

His daughter Peyton is being subpoenaed against her will. “Orwell literally wrote about a dystopian future where children were encouraged and praised to report their parents to the State for all manner of thought crimes and other infractions,” said civil rights attorney John Burns. “And, here we are – welcome to 1984. And I would not hold out any hope that any DOJ prosecutor would disagree with this tactic. They’re a lot devoid of shame, pity, honor, introspection, and soul.” While the Regime’s mainstream media outlets will use their coverage of this trial as a continuation of their quest to annihilate President Trump and his supporters forever, we at The Gateway Pundit reached out to the actual wife of the man on trial and the mother of his children being called as witnesses for a statement.

Below is the must read and tell-all statement directly from the wife of the first January 6th defendant to go to trial. Please read this unbelievable letter sent to us by Nicole Reffitt and judge for yourself.

STATEMENT FROM NICOLE REFFITT, WIFE OF GUY REFFFIT
► Show Spoiler
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... tter-wife/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Why hasn't he seen his son since he was arrested? Surely they'd allow his son to visit in the jail.

The very most likely explanation is that the son refused to visit his father. Which is understandable, given that isn't this the case where dad threatened to murder his son if he snitched?

A threat like that might create a bit of an atmosphere at any jail visit where ol' dad is charged with threatening Junior. I think the DA would have told the family not to let dad talk to a witness that he already threatened. Have I got the right case?
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Foggy wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:45 pm...isn't this the case where dad threatened to murder his son if he snitched?
Yes. But silly Foggy, the Gateway House of Boys thinks that's de minimis.

Guy's wife keeps posting on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ReffittNicole. She only has 341 Followers... I've wanted to reply to her so badly but saving it for a congratulations tweet when her "husbands good works" are recognized by the jury.
Nicole Reffitt @ReffittNicole 1h
I do not have to prove my husbands good works.
Nicole R 2.JPG
Nicole R 2.JPG (80.77 KiB) Viewed 1246 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:05 pm
Reffitt Family fund
Campaign Created by: Jodi Reffitt

The funds from this campaign will be received by Jodi Reffitt.

Reffitt Family and January 6th POW...

:snippity:
Guy Reffitt
He sees himself as a POW - a Prisoner Of War...

yes... "WAR" ... a war that he declared against his own country..

Violent sedition by admission.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Dave from down under wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:26 pm
orlylicious wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:05 pm
Reffitt Family fund
Campaign Created by: Jodi Reffitt

The funds from this campaign will be received by Jodi Reffitt.

Reffitt Family and January 6th POW...

:snippity:
Guy Reffitt
He sees himself as a POW - a Prisoner Of War...

yes... "WAR" ... a war that he declared against his own country..

Violent sedition by admission.
If he really does consider this a "war" against the US government, that is the very definition of treason. Its not just doing something I don't like, which is what most RWNJs seem to think is the definition.
US Constitution, Article III, Section 3 wrote: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.
So, is he implicitly admitting to treason?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Zoe is on it for us again: https://mobile.twitter.com/ZoeTillman
LM K

Post by LM K »

Reffitt's daughter is not testifying.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220307-095345_Twitter~2.jpg
Screenshot_20220307-095345_Twitter~2.jpg (84.78 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:03 am Zoe is on it for us again: https://mobile.twitter.com/ZoeTillman
Thanks for the reminder. Probably not much happening today, but anyway Zoe is great.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Screenshot_20220307-101144_Twitter~2.jpg
Screenshot_20220307-101144_Twitter~2.jpg (82.03 KiB) Viewed 1051 times

Edit: replaced image with a better quality image.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Screenshot_20220307-100621_Twitter~2.jpg
Screenshot_20220307-100621_Twitter~2.jpg (126.44 KiB) Viewed 1056 times
Welch is Reffitt's lawyer.
Jim

Post by Jim »

I think a lot of these defense lawyers are just spinning their heels looking for the "Magic Bullet" that will shoot down all these cases like the lawyers back in 2009 on all the bank foreclosures and demanding the banks prove they had permission from all the investors to foreclose.

IANAL so go ahead and tear it down... :D
Luke

Post by Luke »

Jim, you've hit on total brilliance! All these defendants need the best darn guy in the land! Here's their MAGIC BULLET:
► Show Spoiler
Luke

Post by Luke »

LM K

Post by LM K »

Screenshot_20220307-134041.png
Screenshot_20220307-134041.png (316.27 KiB) Viewed 947 times
LM K

Post by LM K »

Defense beginning!
LM K

Post by LM K »

The defense:

Reffitt says he didn't bring a gun, so take him at his word.

But everything else the defendant said before and after the insurrection was just hyperbole. The defendant likes to be dramatic and exaggerates his actions. So don't believe his words.

Don't believe Reffitt's son or his militia buddy. Did you hear Reffitt threaten his son on any of the five secret recordings he made? No. So, it didn't happen.

:doh:

Defense closing lated 10 minutes.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

In closing arguments at first Jan. 6 trial, Guy Reffitt's defense attorney William Welch says "people say outrageous things," and as example quotes both President Trump and Rudy Giuliani on day of riot. An objection from DOJ is sustained.
LM K

Post by LM K »

So, the prosecuion is altering evidence?
LM K

Post by LM K »

Deliberations begin tomorrow morning.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

LM K wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:16 pm

I think that's a fair comment on the evidence, a lot of which likely came from social media. I'd have made the same argument.

To paraphrase Donald Rumsfeld (I can't believe I'm even doing that :sick: ), you go to trial with the evidence you have, not the evidence you wish you had.

I think Reffitt's case is a good example of what you do when you don't have anything and your client refuses to plead guilty. Even if the government wasn't offering him a deal, he could still have entered a guilty plea and thrown himself on the mercy of the court.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
LM K

Post by LM K »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:41 pm
LM K wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:16 pm

I think that's a fair comment on the evidence, a lot of which likely came from social media. I'd have made the same argument.

To paraphrase Donald Rumsfeld (I can't believe I'm even doing that :sick: ), you go to trial with the evidence you have, not the evidence you wish you had.

I think Reffitt's case is a good example of what you do when you don't have anything and your client refuses to plead guilty. Even if the government wasn't offering him a deal, he could still have entered a guilty plea and thrown himself on the mercy of the court.
I agree with you. The defense has an impossible job. Reffitt should have pleaded guilty. The court would, I suspect, given him credit for at least admitting to his crimes.

At least half of the video footage is from gov surveillance cameras*. 3 videos were created by Reffitt (2 helmet cam videos and one zoom meeting recording).

Most of the remaining video footage is from news media. One video is from a freelance reporter. One video is from a crowd member.

*pages 9-12)
To mount their case, prosecutors plan to show the jurors, among other things, an array of video clips displaying the defendant’s allegedly criminal conduct on the Capitol’s West Terrace that day, according to their exhibit and witness lists. Those videos were shot by Reuters; by Fox News; by an outfit called News2Share; by a freelance journalist named Emily Molli; by the holder of a smartphone whom the prosecution hasn’t yet identified; and by at least four closed-circuit surveillance cameras maintained by the U.S. Capitol Police on Capitol grounds.

On top of that, prosecutors, led by assistant U.S. attorneys Jeffrey Nestler and Risa Berkower, expect to show excerpts from 48 minutes of MP4 footage that the defendant himself generated from a Kodak Orbit 360 videocamera he wore on his helmet. When these files are loaded into an appropriate player, images can be panned and rotated 360 degrees at the viewers’ will.
Reffitt's son has an audio recording that he secretly made while his dad narrated one of his own helmet cam videos.

Another hurdle for the defense? Reffitt texted and posted on Telegram while he was at the Capitol, which will help the jury assess the accuracy of non-surveillance video.

For days I've been trying to figure out why Reffitt didn't take a plea deal. Then I found this video. Reffitt comments briefly at 6:20.

Reffitt honestly thinks he did nothing wrong. He just doesn't understand what is happening.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”