"Freedom Convoys" "People's Convoy" Canadian & US Trucker Protests against COVID Vaccine Mandates & Other Grievances

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: "Freedom Convoys" "People's Convoy" Canadian & US Trucker Protests against COVID Vaccine Mandates & Other Grievances

Post by raison de arizona »

Well isn't this a little piece of offensive tripe.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: "Freedom Convoys" "People's Convoy" Canadian & US Trucker Protests against COVID Vaccine Mandates & Other Grievances

Post by northland10 »

I must have missed the part where Ukraine truckers occupied Red Square.
101010 :towel:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Many of these truckers and other protesters expected CA law enforcement to take action like US law enforcement does.

Brutality.

CA plays differently. They went for people's bank accts and ability to earn money.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

This is so sad for Miki, she's probably been standing alone on that overpass for days.

Miki Convoy Delay.JPG
Miki Convoy Delay.JPG (92.01 KiB) Viewed 2320 times

Miki 2-25.JPG
Miki 2-25.JPG (54.84 KiB) Viewed 2320 times

But on a brighter note for her, she'll always have Terry Lakin.

Miki Lakin.JPG
Miki Lakin.JPG (54.76 KiB) Viewed 2320 times

Miki Lakin 2.JPG
Miki Lakin 2.JPG (84.92 KiB) Viewed 2320 times

Here's his contact info if Foggy, Realist, Root Beer or Biscuit want to reach out:

Lakin Info.JPG
Lakin Info.JPG (120.12 KiB) Viewed 2311 times

https://www.parkviewmc.com/doctor/profi ... nce-lakin/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
LM K

Post by LM K »

Please note. There is a separate thread for the
AMERICAN convoy.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

northland10 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:07 pm I must have missed the part where Ukraine truckers occupied Red Square.
Or the Mounties using Mechanized Artillery to move them.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

LM K wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:59 pm Click on the tweet to see the video.
I cannot get the Tweet with the video to load. I was hoping to enjoy some good morning whine with my coffee. :biggrin:
raison de arizona

Reality Check wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:07 am
LM K wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:59 pm Click on the tweet to see the video.
I cannot get the Tweet with the video to load. I was hoping to enjoy some good morning whine with my coffee. :biggrin:
Here is a direct link to it, if it helps.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Thanks, that works now. So sad. :twisted:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I preserved my sanity and several dozen brain cells by not watching her anguish over their self inflicted wounds.

Pro-tip for you Baby doll - when you hold a nation's economy hostage, expect some hostility and retribution.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Her “large number of people waiting here” is amusing…
6 cars..
Perhaps at most 24 people..
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I'm on vacation on Maui and not checking stuff much. Was on the beach today and heard a bunch of horns honking. It was time to leave so I didn't get fried so I did. Bunch of nutz were driving down the road with Trump and snekky flags and anti mask/vax shit written on their vehicles. I flipped them off - other folks did too. Only saw 2 trucks - the rest were cars. Lady yelled at me about not wearing a mask (sarcastically). I was outside and on the beach so fuck her.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

My gawd, they're even in Hawai'i. :(
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Foggy wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:50 am My gawd, they're even in Hawai'i. :(
I hope they try to drive to DC. :lol:
raison de arizona

Boy, wouldn't it be a kick if all those RWNJ dollars went to Ottawa residents? :lol:
'FREEDOM CONVOY' DONATIONS FROZEN, COULD FLOW TO OTTAWA RESIDENTS

The funds donated to the ‘Freedom Convoy’ protest will remain frozen pending the outcome of a proposed class-action lawsuit on behalf of Ottawa residents.

The parties in the case agreed to transfer cash and cryptocurrency to an escrow fund which would prevent the respondents in the lawsuit from dispersing the funds, court heard Monday.

That means the money, should the lawsuit succeed, could go to Ottawa residents and businesses affected by the protest.

"The takeaway is that we are taking steps to ensure that there are assets to be available if the class action is able to get a judgment, ultimately, against these defendants," said lawyer Monique Jilesen of Lenczner Slaght, the firm acting for Champ and Associates, which is representing Ottawa residents in the proposed class action.
:snippity:
https://www.iheartradio.ca/580-cfra/new ... 1.17258018
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:( The woman said people had to wait for TWO WHOLE HOURS and needed LICENSE PLATES! She cried, "This is Communism!!!"

Can we please start a Fogbow GoFundMe to send them to Ukraine?
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:41 pm :( The woman said people had to wait for TWO WHOLE HOURS and needed LICENSE PLATES! She cried, "This is Communism!!!"

Ukraine does not need that kind of trouble. Send them to the Russia they love. Preferably Siberia. Nowhere near a town.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:41 pm :( The woman said people had to wait for TWO WHOLE HOURS and needed LICENSE PLATES! She cried, "This is Communism!!!"

And then someone kicked her in the pit shouting "This! Is! Canada!", right? Right? Because Trudeau as Butler as Leonidas ("Leonid-eh") would amuse me no end.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

I've been pretty pleased with the bail (meaning the lack of) situation for these folks. :thumbsup: (This is Canada.)
Third accused convoy leader remains in custody as Tyson 'Freedom George' Billings denied bail
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/third-ac ... enied-bail
raison de arizona

Howard Levitt: Why police officers who donated to the trucker convoy could be fired for cause
If your job is to uphold the law, breaching it is antithetical to your position

Can you be fired for cause, without severance, for off-work activity?

That is a question that might soon be again tested as various police forces learned that their members may have contributed to the trucker convoy even after the courts declared donating such money to be illegal.

As an OPP spokesperson put it this week: “(Police officers) have a responsibility to demonstrate neutrality and remain non-partisan. Any demonstration or expression of views and opinions that may be interpreted as condoning illegal activity is in direct opposition to the OPP’s values and mandate.”

That is assuredly the case. If your job is to uphold the law, breaching it is antithetical to your position. And, for that matter, any employee who acts in a manner to damage the corporate “brand” or image of their employer faces dismissal, potentially for cause.
https://ottawacitizen.com/fp-work/howar ... a87548135f
Luke

Post by Luke »

Zach is on it :lol:

LM K

Post by LM K »

Neither the organizers of The People’s Convoy, Cruz, nor Johnson could address my questions: What are the specific demands that will satisfy the truckers and have them stop circling the Beltway?
:rotflmao:
raison de arizona

Injury from police horse during convoy protest too minor to investigate, SIU says
Police watchdog requires a 'serious injury' to invoke mandate to investigate

Ontario's police watchdog has closed its investigation of an interaction between a police horse and a woman during the convoy protest in Ottawa because her injury was not serious enough to fall under the organization's jurisdiction.

The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) said in a Monday press release the 49-year-old woman sustained a "strained shoulder" after she had an "interaction" with a Toronto Police Service mounted officer during the final weekend of protesters occupying downtown streets.

She was among a group of protesters on Rideau Street in front of the Fairmont Château Laurier on the evening of Feb. 18 when mounted officers entered the crowd to create distance between protesters and police, the release said.

A horse near the edge of the unit "contacted" a man and a woman, knocking them to the ground. Officers on foot surrounded the two — as did protesters — and the woman was helped to her feet, according to the SIU.

The woman visited the Montfort Hospital and two days later the Lennox & Addington County General Hospital with shoulder pain, the SIU said.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/w ... -1.6408118
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

So the horse and the watchdog are okay? Pshew! :lovestruck:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

The Canadian truckers have formed an organization whose name invokes white supremacy. Because of course they have.
88 United 2022 Mission Statement
A movement of and for Canadians, 88 United was inspired by the example of Freedom Convoy 2022, both in celebrating the courage and success of the Convoy and committed to finish what the Convoy started; specifically, an immediate restoration of the Rights and Freedoms of all Canadians achieved only by ending all COVID-19 (C -19) Mandates and their related ‘Emergencies’.

Our appeal is to all Canadians, both the C-19 vaccinated and the unvaccinated, to stand together for Freedom and Choice. We assert that The Supreme Law of Canada is The Constitution (Sect 52 of the Constitution Act 1982) and not Federal or Provincial edicts, laws, or regulations.
https://www.88united.org/
General Hate Symbols Neo-Nazi Symbols Numeric Hate Symbols

88 is a white supremacist numerical code for "Heil Hitler." H is the eighth letter of the alphabet, so 88 = HH = Heil Hitler. One of the most common white supremacist symbols, 88 is used throughout the entire white supremacist movement, not just neo-Nazis. One can find it as a tattoo or graphic symbol; as part of the name of a group, publication or website; or as part of a screenname or e-mail address. It is even sometimes used as a greeting or sign-off (particularly in messages on social networking websites).
https://www.adl.org/education/reference ... symbols/88

Coincidence?

Return to “Current Politics”