US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and related

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

This is likely to continue to be a big topic in the pootsphere and beyond, so here is a place to talk some CBP. Let's start with an internal video.
NEW: Tense exchange between @CBP agents & @USBPChief today in Laredo—Chief Ortiz says they signed up for this job. Agent says, “For evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing… Good men are doing nothing. You’re allowing illegal aliens to be dropped off in communities…”
Full(er) video at link.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Re: US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and related

Post by pipistrelle »

Sounds like someone who shouldn’t be in law enforcement and of course is drawn to it.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

What is the basis of their dispute? I couldn't really tell from the video, Google searches only turned up articles that were no more recent than February and the Twitter thread didn't provide much background. Would anyone have a link they could refer me to for more info?
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Since the the tweet & video are from January and it's not become a bigger story, my guess is it's just the usual tension between the nazis, the fascists, & the kkklansmen who inhabit the CBP over whose brand of virulent racism is the correct brand of virulent racism.
Image Image Image Image
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:45 am Since the the tweet & video are from January and it's not become a bigger story, my guess is it's just the usual tension between the nazis, the fascists, & the kkklansmen who inhabit the CBP over whose brand of virulent racism is the correct brand of virulent racism.
Ah, that explains a bit then. I saw several articles from January, but since I (I know, I know) assumed it was recent footage, I didn't check them any further. Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

:thankyou:
Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona

Arizona Sheriff's Association Expresses No Confidence in Magnus as CBP Commissioner
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"NUTS!"
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

That no confidence vote and a couple of bucks will get them a couple of bucks worth of bubblegum, tho.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/bpunion/status/1614262950885494787
Border Patrol Union - NBPC @BPUnion wrote: Never in our wildest dreams did we think Biden would be this bad.

We thought he would be a disaster, but nowhere near the epic tsunami of record-setting death, misery and destruction he’s turned out to be.
NBPC: National Border Patrol Council, AFGE, AFL/CIO - Official Union of the U.S. Border Patrol - Funded and Administered by BP Agents
tek

Post by tek »

one of the comments:
He has been an abject failure as POTUS. As much as Trump was criticized by the Left, we had a booming economy, energy independence, and the Southern Border was secured.
Bless your heart, child
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

tek wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:10 am one of the comments:
He has been an abject failure as POTUS. As much as Trump was criticized by the Left, we had a booming economy, energy independence, and the Southern Border was secured.
Bless your heart, child
With folks like that, I prefer Luke Skywalker: "Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:53 pm https://twitter.com/bpunion/status/1614262950885494787
Border Patrol Union - NBPC @BPUnion wrote: Never in our wildest dreams did we think Biden would be this bad.

We thought he would be a disaster, but nowhere near the epic tsunami of record-setting death, misery and destruction he’s turned out to be.
NBPC: National Border Patrol Council, AFGE, AFL/CIO - Official Union of the U.S. Border Patrol - Funded and Administered by BP Agents
Nazis have a union? Who would have thunk it! :shrug:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Not sure which is more appalling, Border Patrol or Secret Service.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

an outsiders observation:

Police have the US flag with a blue line replacing one of the white strips as their *brotherhood" / union symbol. I find it strange that police are allowed to have that symbol on their uniform while on duty. Also too many police stations dsplay that symbol in public.

(observation from 1AA binge viewing)
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:24 pm an outsiders observation:

Police have the US flag with a blue line replacing one of the white strips as their *brotherhood" / union symbol. I find it strange that police are allowed to have that symbol on their uniform while on duty. Also too many police stations dsplay that symbol in public.

(observation from 1AA binge viewing)
In a warzone you need to display your gang colours.
raison de arizona

But, but... I've been told that when Biden took office we opened the borders?
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Frost: When President Biden took office, did your agents stop enforcing the border and just allow everyone to come in thus creating what we hear is an open border.
Chavez: The answer is no
Also, who is smuggling Fentanyl?
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Garcia: The nonpartisan government accountability office found 90% of fentanyl border seizures occur at legal border crossings and 91% of drug seizures are from US citizens.
raison de arizona

This (real btw) account is one of the worst on Twitter, they constantly post complete trash. This one made me yell at the screen though, for the sheer false equivalent inanity.
https://twitter.com/BPUnion/status/1626 ... 74241?s=20
Border Patrol Union - NBPC @BPUnion wrote: Being against illegal immigration does not make you "anti-immigrant" any more than being against bank robbery makes you "anti-bank".

Don't let radical leftists get away with falsely labeling you to silence you. It's all they have and it's what they're best at.
Being against illegal immigration makes you "anti-immigrant" in way that being against bank robbery makes you "ANTI-ROBBERY". Ya doorknob!

Now, one could make the argument, were one not a complete doorknob like these folks, that one could be against illegal immigration, but for legal immigration of the people in question. Which would be a thing. But it isn't because they are not. If the shoe fits and all.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:11 pm Now, one could make the argument, were one not a complete doorknob like these folks, that one could be against illegal immigration, but for legal immigration of the people in question. Which would be a thing. But it isn't because they are not. If the shoe fits and all.
I think the distinction goes away when you are also behind the rules regarding what is and is not illegal.
raison de arizona

neeneko wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:02 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:11 pm Now, one could make the argument, were one not a complete doorknob like these folks, that one could be against illegal immigration, but for legal immigration of the people in question. Which would be a thing. But it isn't because they are not. If the shoe fits and all.
I think the distinction goes away when you are also behind the rules regarding what is and is not illegal.
True, they decry a broken system, but refuse to participate in fixing it.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:07 pm True, they decry a broken system, but refuse to participate in fixing it.
They are too busy breaking it. Take the whole drama over refugees... they are required by law to hear applicants, but by putting the centres inside and inaccessible, the only way to exercise their legal right is to cross illegally. Be wary of anyone proposing solutions to problems their political career depends on getting worse.
raison de arizona

Border Patrol is doing citizenship checks on... I-95 in Florida. Is that a heavy human smuggling corridor or something? Seems to me like the Border Patrol might have bigger fish to fry right now, but what do I know?
PoliticsVerse 🇺🇸 @PoliticsVerse wrote: WATCH: A woman on I-95 in Florida gets pulled over at a Customs and Border Protection checkpoint, despite the fact that Florida does not share a physical border with any other country.
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:22 pm Border Patrol is doing citizenship checks on... I-95 in Florida. Is that a heavy human smuggling corridor or something?
Vice (in 2022): A Tiny Tourist Island Off the Coast of Florida Is a Human Smuggling Hub:
Bimini, which is just over 50 miles from the Florida coast, is at the heart of the flow of undocumented migrants.
Miami is the unofficial capital of Central America. Lotsa of trafficking (and not just humans) through there. Thousands of Cubans, Haitians, etc., annually attempt to make the journey.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

thx bob, I had no idea Bimini was a smuggling hub. very interesting
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:22 pm Border Patrol is doing citizenship checks on... I-95 in Florida. Is that a heavy human smuggling corridor or something? Seems to me like the Border Patrol might have bigger fish to fry right now, but what do I know?
https://twitter.com/PoliticsVerse/statu ... 79481?s=20
PoliticsVerse 🇺🇸 @PoliticsVerse wrote: WATCH: A woman on I-95 in Florida gets pulled over at a Customs and Border Protection checkpoint, despite the fact that Florida does not share a physical border with any other country.
The US has that law that says:
, federal regulations give U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) authority to operate within 100 miles of any U.S. "external boundary." In this 100-mile zone, Border Patrol agents have certain additional authorities. For instance, Border Patrol can operate immigration checkpoints.

https://www.aclu.org/other/constitution ... order-zone
Sea shore line is a border to any country.

Return to “Current Politics”