The Fake Electors

June bug

The Fake Electors

Post by June bug »

I agree on the Nevada case, where as far as I know there’s no case being built against any of the higher ups. In Georgia Willis has the RICO indictment against Trump, Giuliani, Eastman and others. IF, and it’s a big IF, she’s been able to get the Cheese to rat up the chain, then I’m ok with her giving him a sweet deal.
Rolodex

The Fake Electors

Post by Rolodex »

Ok, so the fake electors in Nevada have been indicted (thanks, Cheezy, probably) but there's other weirdness going on. NV apparently switched from caucuses to primary elections, but it seems this next cycle, the GOP will have BOTH.
After a change in the state Legislature, 2024 will be the first presidential year where Nevada will hold primaries at the ballot box, rather than statewide caucuses. However, the Republican Party is sponsoring separate caucuses anyway — two days after that state-run election. Only the caucuses will award delegates. But it has put Nevada in the position of having two outcomes, two days apart from one another. And candidates have had to choose which one to participate in.
And the folks organizing the caucus are the folks who have been indicted. smh
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-e ... rcna130848
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

The Fake Electors

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
I have decided to vote mail-in for the Nevada Republican caucuses. :crazy:

I'm a yooge fan of Vivid Vivek, he tells it like it isn't but like he wishes it was, using the most powerful colorful fanciful language. I could almost think of him as a real American, except for the unfortunate fact that he has never read a single sentence of the United States Constitution, and he isn't 100% sure it even exists, much less applies to his proposed administration.

I mean, sure it's online. A lot of things are online. :roll:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

The Fake Electors

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:59 pm I have decided to vote mail-in for the Nevada Republican caucuses. :crazy:

I'm a yooge fan of Vivid Vivek, he tells it like it isn't but like he wishes it was, using the most powerful colorful fanciful language. I could almost think of him as a real American, except for the unfortunate fact that he has never read a single sentence of the United States Constitution, and he isn't 100% sure it even exists, much less applies to his proposed administration.

I mean, sure it's online. A lot of things are online. :roll:
I've just reached the point in my own personal conspiracy theory where I think Vivek doesn't exist as an actual person and he's a ChatGPT-generated AI candidate fed on MAGA and Qultist posts. Basically, the Max Headroom the GOP deserves.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
p0rtia

The Fake Electors

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Didn't they demo him in A Clockwork Orange?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

The Fake Electors

Post by RTH10260 »

Expert hired by Trump's team to investigate fraud reveals findings

CNN
19 Dec 2023

Ken Block, an expert hired by former President Donald Trump's team to investigate voter fraud claims, speaks with CNN's Erin Burnett about his findings
bob

The Fake Electors

Post by bob »

CNN: Exclusive: Recordings, emails show how Trump team flew fake elector ballots to DC in final push to overturn 2020 election:
Two days before the January 6 insurrection, the Trump campaign’s plan to use fake electors to block President-elect Joe Biden from taking office faced a potentially crippling hiccup: The fake elector certificates from two critical battleground states were stuck in the mail.

So, Trump campaign operatives scrambled to fly copies of the phony certificates from Michigan and Wisconsin to the nation’s capital, relying on a haphazard chain of couriers, as well as help from two Republicans in Congress, to try to get the documents to then-Vice President Mike Pence while he presided over the Electoral College certification.

The operatives even considered chartering a jet to ensure the files reached Washington, DC, in time for the January 6, 2021, proceeding, according to emails and recordings obtained by CNN.

These details largely come from pro-Trump attorney Kenneth Chesebro, who was an architect of the fake electors plot and is now a key cooperator in several state probes into the scheme. Chesebro pleaded guilty in October to a felony conspiracy charge in Georgia in connection with the electors’ plan, and has met with prosecutors in Michigan, Nevada and Wisconsin, who are investigating the sham GOP electors in their own states.
I thought the mob didn't like snitches. :think:
Image ImageImage
Rolodex

The Fake Electors

Post by Rolodex »

I have a vague memory of some packet of fake elector certificates being hand delivered to some senator (or rep?) right before J6. Seems like there was a text thread about that in the J6 investigation material. I wonder if this is what that was.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

The Fake Electors

Post by RTH10260 »

I seem to remember that the intended congressman rejected the paket and did not hand the fake votes to Mike Pence as the conspirators expected it to happen :confuzzled: :confuzzled:
much ado

The Fake Electors

Post by much ado »

I think this might be the story...

Exclusive: Recordings, emails show how Trump team flew fake elector ballots to DC in final push to overturn 2020 election

ETA: Oh, sorry, I see now this is a repeat from up thread... :bag:
Kendra

The Fake Electors

Post by Kendra »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:44 pm I have a vague memory of some packet of fake elector certificates being hand delivered to some senator (or rep?) right before J6. Seems like there was a text thread about that in the J6 investigation material. I wonder if this is what that was.
Wasn't Ron Johnson somehow involved?
p0rtia

The Fake Electors

Post by p0rtia »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:47 pm I seem to remember that the intended congressman rejected the paket and did not hand the fake votes to Mike Pence as the conspirators expected it to happen :confuzzled: :confuzzled:
Johnson. An obviously hiding-how-much-he-knew Johnson.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

The Fake Electors

Post by Slim Cognito »

I haven’t looked it up, but as I recall, it was either Johnson or one of his staffers who sent a message to one of Pence’s staffers that Johnson had some *papers* for him related to the “alternate electors,” and Pence’s staffer told the Johnson staffer, Do NOT give those to Pence.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Rolodex

The Fake Electors

Post by Rolodex »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:08 pm I haven’t looked it up, but as I recall, it was either Johnson or one of his staffers who sent a message to one of Pence’s staffers that Johnson had some *papers* for him related to the “alternate electors,” and Pence’s staffer told the Johnson staffer, Do NOT give those to Pence.
This sounds right. I didn't recall ever knowing the contents of the "packet" but I guess it was the fake elector certificates.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

The Fake Electors

Post by northland10 »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:58 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:47 pm I seem to remember that the intended congressman rejected the paket and did not hand the fake votes to Mike Pence as the conspirators expected it to happen :confuzzled: :confuzzled:
Johnson. An obviously hiding-how-much-he-knew Johnson.
When you need a Senator who can portray clueless and stupid, the distinguished moron from Wisconsin is the go to.
101010 :towel:
Dr. Ken

The Fake Electors

Post by Dr. Ken »

There's proof that the trump campaign directly coordinated the fake electors in Michigan
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

The Fake Electors

Post by northland10 »

I guess after all these buses coming up here from Texas to drop off migrants in the Chicago suburbs, we should send the buses to Michigan. Trump is going to need a bunch for all the folks he's about to throw under them.
101010 :towel:
realist

The Fake Electors

Post by realist »

Well, that sucks.
“While saying it was disgraceful that New Mexicans were enlisted in a plot to "undermine democracy," Torrez acknowledged that the conduct by GOP electors in New Mexico was not subject to criminal prosecution.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... cdy2jz6koA
Image X 4
Image X 32
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

The Fake Electors

Post by raison de arizona »

https://x.com/RBReich/status/1744849041383424011?s=20
Robert Reich @RBReich wrote: An indicted fake elector is now overseeing elections in rural Nevada.

A Wisconsin fake elector remains on WI's election commission.

In Arizona, the Senate Election Committee chairman and Judiciary Committee lead are both fake electors.

Pay attention: the coup is not over.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

The Fake Electors

Post by raison de arizona »

Fake elector investigation status for Arizona.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Rolodex

The Fake Electors

Post by Rolodex »

He didn't have his own thread but more folks than Chesebro are involved, although he's the focus of this because of the new documents. He took a plea deal in GA, but boy is he a dirty bird. TPM has the second part up today, but here's the first part:
But there was an alternate scenario gamed out by Trump’s lawyers — one that would have expanded the hours of indecision caused by the Trump campaign’s efforts and stretched out the process for weeks, all the way until Jan. 20, 2021, the Constitution’s ironclad deadline for the transfer of power. If their scheme succeeded, these lawyers hoped, Joe Biden would never take office.

The details of this scheme are being revealed here for the first time. They are drawn from a trove of documents provided to Michigan prosecutors by Trump attorney Kenneth Chesebro, including thousands of pages of emails among Trump’s lawyers, some containing information that has never before been published.

The plan would have seen the Trump campaign pushing Republican lawmakers to prevent Congress from certifying Joe Biden’s win not just on Jan. 6, but for days afterwards. GOP legislators would have feigned confusion over competing slates of electors, paralyzing Congress as the Trump campaign brought increasing pressure on the Supreme Court to step in and resolve the election in their favor.
They had a plan to keep the chaos going from J6 up till inauguration. The attack on the Capitol seems to be what thwarted that plan. https://talkingpointsmemo.com/feature/t ... s-of-chaos
p0rtia

The Fake Electors

Post by p0rtia »

Mike Pence thwarted those plans.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

The Fake Electors

Post by Slim Cognito »

They had a plan to keep the chaos going from J6 up till inauguration. The attack on the Capitol seems to be what thwarted that plan.
Karma, you magnificent bitch!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

The Fake Electors

Post by Suranis »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:21 pm The attack on the Capitol seems to be what thwarted that plan.
I don't buy that. The attack on the capitol was supposed to prevent Congress certifying that day. But they came back and certified in a late night session. If Pelosi had not been Pelosi and yelled at people to get back into the chamber, then they could have gone on with their "confusion act.

Mike Pence refusing to play ball was the first derailment of their plan.
Hic sunt dracones
Sam the Centipede

The Fake Electors

Post by Sam the Centipede »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:43 pm Mike Pence thwarted those plans.
I wonder why Mike Pence acted correctly? We can never know exactly what was in his mind. Was it because he respected the system enough to fulfill his duty? Was it because he understood how appalling Trump is? Was it because he foresaw how if the coup attempt progressed his name would forever be in the history books as one of the key insurrectionists? Had non-Trumpy advisers warned him about how dire the situation would be if he flunked his role? Did Mother advise him,:no Mike, that would be really bad and not worthy of you? Did he read his Bible and/or ask his god? Is he just an old-fashioned Republican: an asshole but not a completely amoral asshole.

It seems from the stories above that without Pence's cooperation the plotters were always going to find it difficult to progress their coup d'etat.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”