Health insurance companies really are the worst

humblescribe

Re: Health insurance companies really are the worst

Post by humblescribe »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:02 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:54 pm @r.d.a: about your kid being at grandmother or any other family member: does the insurance not let you register any alternate caretakers? Registering an alternate cc with the caretaker is of course tricky as one cannot know which card will be used.
I dunno, but that is a good question I'll be sure to ask them next time I'm in contact. Which will undoubtedly be soon.
My burning question: What if you pay all your bills in cash? I know, unheard of these days. How will the insurance companies know whose cash was used to pay the medical bills?

raison de arizona

Post by raison de arizona »

We did card over the phone. Insurance denied it anyway, but the provider says it is BS and they will get it reversed on appeal for us. Hope so.

Anyway, drug companies are also the worst. A state shouldn't have to go into the drug manufacturing business just to deal with price gouging for life saving medication, but here we are. At least he has a solution for Californians, right on.
Gavin Newsom @GavinNewsom wrote: California is going to make its own insulin.

It’s simple. People should not go into debt to get life-saving medication.

"Take these seeds and put them in your pocket, so at least sunflowers will grow when you all die here."
raison de arizona

Post by raison de arizona »

We need real health insurance in this country.
Judge Karin Crump @karincrump wrote: Texas requires couples to wait 72 hours after the issuance of marriage license before they marry. I just waived that requirement for good cause so that I could officiate over a Zoom wedding for a couple..in their car. 1/3
Husband is about to ship out to the Army and he wanted to ensure that his (new) wife & baby had insurance before he left. I asked if they wanted to get out and stand for the ceremony, but they didn't want to wake the baby + they were in the parking lot of a convenience store.2/3
Despite the unusual and not so formal wedding venue, they were grateful, weepy, and full of joy. I just want to wish that adorable couple a long marriage and a very happy life together! ⚖️
https://twitter.com/karincrump/status/1 ... 9580571650

"Take these seeds and put them in your pocket, so at least sunflowers will grow when you all die here."
Kriselda Gray

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:25 pm We need real health insurance in this country.
Judge Karin Crump @karincrump wrote: Texas requires couples to wait 72 hours after the issuance of marriage license before they marry. I just waived that requirement for good cause so that I could officiate over a Zoom wedding for a couple..in their car. 1/3
Husband is about to ship out to the Army and he wanted to ensure that his (new) wife & baby had insurance before he left. I asked if they wanted to get out and stand for the ceremony, but they didn't want to wake the baby + they were in the parking lot of a convenience store.2/3
Despite the unusual and not so formal wedding venue, they were grateful, weepy, and full of joy. I just want to wish that adorable couple a long marriage and a very happy life together! ⚖️
https://twitter.com/karincrump/status/1 ... 9580571650
I"m just glad they were able to find a compassionate judge in Texas. The odds of that aren't necessarily all that good.

:thor:
Слава Україні!
Героям слава!

Proud recipient of the Imperial Illuminati Air Force Order of the Golden Wiener with
Device for grammatical valor attached.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Isn't the 72 hours between license and ceremony antiquated?

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:00 pm Isn't the 72 hours between license and ceremony antiquated?
It varies by state, I believe.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”