Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Covid home testing

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
tek

Re: Covid home testing

Post by tek »

That paper is pretty good.

But it does not say explicitly that "this means you have to stay masked and socially distanced for at least the first five days after exposure"

Though I guess the assumption among sane people is that you'll be masked and socially-distanced anyway. But this assumption often does not hold e.g. within a household.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:47 pm Also just ordered. Easy.
Yeah. It barely took 10 seconds because the autofill did most of the work. I just had to verify the info. Click, boom, done.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Our daughter just used one of the government supplied tests due to a sore throat and was negative. :biggrin:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:like:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

:cheer2:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
filly

Post by filly »

I haven't seen any bitching on the internet that the tests people ordered haven't shown up.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Mine haven't shown up yet, but I'm not bitching about it. :shrug:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Mine haven't shown up either, but I got a bunch from the link LM K posted a while back, so I'm good.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
filly

Post by filly »

Foggy wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:26 pm Mine haven't shown up yet, but I'm not bitching about it. :shrug:
When did you order them? I ordered on January 19 and received them on January 25.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

It's been a few weeks, but it's the Post Office, and we don't need them yet.

Our Medicare Advantage plans don't provide any, but our kids' plans do. We'll get some that way and gank 'em. :mrgreen:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Since the gov't won't send the tests to mail boxes, I tried to buy tests here. Not available anywhere here except if you get in line at CVS before it opens and hope the kits don't run out before your turn. Then there was a one time event at the neighborhood centers to handed them out. The centers were opened for 3 hours, or less if they run out. I arrived about 45 minutes before one distribution, but the entire grounds were crammed with people, and there was no place to park anyway. Seriously, the road was shut down from the long line of cars.

So I googled some more and discovered that WalMart had binax again! Mail order only, but free express shipping. So 3 days later I had 4 tests! I wanted to have them so I could test after a flight to Oahu, but by the time I received them a week had passed. But anyway - I'm so happy I finally have the tests. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

There are still free drive in testing sites, but now you need an appointment....

The local Kaiser medical clinic is working on getting tests, which will be free by showing your insurance card. Meanwhile, it will reimburse me.

It makes me happy to see so many people taking the virus seriously and being tested.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yay, Lani! :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Haven't gotten the gov ones yet, but I ordered a couple from iHealth when I needed to get a new thermometer. This one is the point and shoot variety for the forehead. Much faster and easier then stick in your mouth ones.

Both Dawn and I ordered some tests, so we have a few around the house. At least 4 each I think.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

filly wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:59 pm I haven't seen any bitching on the internet that the tests people ordered haven't shown up.
Maybe cuz they have been delivered? Got mine Jan. 27.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I just got an email that mine will be delivered by Monday. :thumbsup:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Got mine yesterday. My home refused to be tested! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I didn't give my email, so one of these days I'm going to get a surprise in the mail! ;)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I have not receives mine yet. I blame DeSantis. :evil:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in-a- ... li=BBnb7Kz
In a reversal from its earlier position, the Biden administration announced people on Medicare will get up to eight free COVID-19 home tests each month beginning in the spring.

The administration said it will be the first time Medicare covers a free, over-the-counter test for enrollees. Medicare will pay pharmacies and other entities directly to allow enrollees to pick up the free tests.

The administration earlier said the home tests would not be covered by Medicare, the nation’s health insurance program that covers more than 61 million mostly older Americans. But on Thursday, the administration cited the "importance of expanding access to testing" and identified a way to pay for the tests for enrollees of both traditional and private Medicare plans, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:26 am I didn't give my email, so one of these days I'm going to get a surprise in the mail! ;)
Sign up for Informed Delivery and you'll get an email each morning showing what letters and packages will be arriving that day. Coolest feature the Post Office ever instituted. Or, if you don't want to give them an email address, I'm pretty sure you can just log into their Informed Delivery website each morning.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:48 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:26 am I didn't give my email, so one of these days I'm going to get a surprise in the mail! ;)
Sign up for Informed Delivery and you'll get an email each morning showing what letters and packages will be arriving that day. Coolest feature the Post Office ever instituted. Or, if you don't want to give them an email address, I'm pretty sure you can just log into their Informed Delivery website each morning.
Informed Delivery is a great free service of USPS, but the the mails are not always delivery for same-day. But still very helpful.

Yeah, you gotta go through a confirmation process which is like a credit app to confirm identity (pulled from credit bureau ) .
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:48 pm
Thanks. I tried. This Service Currently Unavailable. I'll try again.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I submitted my order Sunday Jan 23. Not received yet. No email notice. Crickets. Patience is a virtue. I'm a Sagittarius.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I can’t remember exactly when I sent my request -some time in late January, but a few days later I got an e-mail saying it was out for delivery., and it showed up later that day. I was surprised at the speed.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:32 am I can’t remember exactly when I sent my request -some time in late January, but a few days later I got an e-mail saying it was out for delivery., and it showed up later that day. I was surprised at the speed.
Of course – they are rapid tests! :biggrin:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”