Trump's dementia accelerating?

ZekeB

Re: Trump's dementia accelerating?

Post by ZekeB »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:27 pm
These don't work. It's a waste of time. Trump has been mentally deficient for years. He's not getting worse than he was on January 20, 2017.
I heard on the news this morning that the Republicans wanted Trump's state of mind to be included on the impeachment report. Are they openly admitting something? I'd love to see such a report if Trump is allowed to undergo an examination by a nonpartisan panel of psychiatrists.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe »

Slim Cognito wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:07 pm
Good points all, but think how much it pisses him off.
this is true & that’s of no small value i suppose but i’m skeptical that it’s of much further use. (except for providing the signatories w a feeling that they’ve done what they could)
“It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.”
—Ali Smith, Autumn

bob

Post by bob »

ZekeB wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:30 pm
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:27 pm
These don't work. It's a waste of time. Trump has been mentally deficient for years. He's not getting worse than he was on January 20, 2017.
I heard on the news this morning that the Republicans wanted Trump's state of mind to be included on the impeachment report. Are they openly admitting something?
No; the opposite.

Many crimes require that the perpetrator have the specific intent to commit that crime, i.e, you can't accidentally walk into committing some bribery.

At most, they're conceding the current president is too stupid to solicit a bribe.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

bob wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:13 pm

At most, they're conceding the current president is too stupid to solicit a bribe.
Sounds more as if they are suggesting that since he's always been a thug, that this is just how he operates and so there's nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I think that might lead to floodgates opening in the future, but when that's your only defense I suppose you have to run with that.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Its possible they are preparing an admission of senility to avoid a senate trial. I read somewhere that you can't be convicted if you claim senility, so they may be trying to short circuit possible investigations into the Republican party itself. *Trumps gone, all over back to normal please. Why are you bringing up Trump all the time???"
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Y'all are describing three wildly different arguments:

1) Too stupid to solicit a bribe - this sounds like M'Naughton: He's so dumb he doesn't understand the idea of trading money and access to the White House for fake Investigations of Bidens and interference with the 2016 election.

I think it's pretty clear he's not that far gone.

2) He's always been a thug; this is just how he operates.

That's not a defense, it's an admission that he's a career criminal.

3) Senility. Whatever that means.

I think it means he's sometimes lucid, other times not. That's not a defense to a crime, especially a crime committed over a period of months with several co-conspirators.

NONE of the above is a good defense to the charges of soliciting a bribe, obstruction of Congress, or obstruction of justice.

IMHO, of course. :-
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeah:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Foggy wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:43 am

NONE of the above is a good defense to the charges of soliciting a bribe, obstruction of Congress, or obstruction of justice.
No, it's not a good defense, but it *does* appear to be what his supporters are arguing.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

I've heard this bull before.

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi »

Azastan wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:21 am
Foggy wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:43 am

No, it's not a good defense, but it *does* appear to be what his supporters are arguing.
Let Trump be Trump.
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.
"From Not To Hot " is not my Favorite TV Show

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Hurtzi wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:38 pm
Let Trump be Trump.
Yep. 'This is why we voted for him', they wanted someone who behaves like this and what they want is more important than laws.

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi »

neeneko wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:44 pm
Hurtzi wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:38 pm
Let Trump be Trump.
Yep. 'This is why we voted for him', they wanted someone who behaves like this and what they want is more important than laws.
The sad truth.
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.
"From Not To Hot " is not my Favorite TV Show

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

I usually find Marc A. Thiessen to be much too much pro-Trump. I was surprised to read the last paragraph of this article.

The 10 worst things Trump did in 2019
By
Marc A. Thiessen

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... trump-did/
1. He gave Turkey a green light to invade Syria and attack our Kurdish allies. The Kurds suffered 11,000 casualties in the fight against the Islamic State since 2014 and gave us the critical intelligence that led us to Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s doorstep. After watching Trump abandon the Kurds to be slaughtered, why would anyone step forward to help the United States in the fight against Islamist radicalism?

In past years, many entries on my “worst” list were mistakes of style, not substance. But this year, the number and seriousness of the president’s substantive mistakes grew. On balance, the good still outweighs the bad in the Trump presidency. But the bad is getting worse.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

much ado

Post by much ado »

Volkonski wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:52 pm
I usually find Marc A. Thiessen to be much too much pro-Trump. I was surprised to read the last paragraph of this article.

The 10 worst things Trump did in 2019
By
Marc A. Thiessen

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... trump-did/
1. He gave Turkey a green light to invade Syria and attack our Kurdish allies. The Kurds suffered 11,000 casualties in the fight against the Islamic State since 2014 and gave us the critical intelligence that led us to Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s doorstep. After watching Trump abandon the Kurds to be slaughtered, why would anyone step forward to help the United States in the fight against Islamist radicalism?

In past years, many entries on my “worst” list were mistakes of style, not substance. But this year, the number and seriousness of the president’s substantive mistakes grew. On balance, the good still outweighs the bad in the Trump presidency. But the bad is getting worse.
Do we know what Marc Thiessen thinks is the good in the Trump presidency? Trump promised a lot, but what are his good accomplishments? The Wall? Really? The Trade War? Really? The Tax Cuts? Really???

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I’d recommend the vape ban and 21 smoking age as an accomplishment.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Marc Thiessen thinks that the best thing Trump has done is appointing many conservative judges.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... -has-done/

Panch Villlain

Post by Panch Villlain »

Volkonski wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:09 pm
Marc Thiessen thinks that the best thing Trump has done is appointing many conservative judges.

From a conservative viewpoint - true. And they will still be there when most of todays Fogbowsers are gone. Sad.

Added:
Not bad for a dumbass with dementia, eh?

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Panch Villlain wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:27 pm
Volkonski wrote:

From a conservative viewpoint - true. And they will still be there when most of todays Fogbowsers are gone. Sad.

Added:
Not bad for a dumbass useful idiot with dementia, eh?
FIFY. He's has no idea what he's doing, he's just doing what he was told.
I've heard this bull before.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote:

The problem with many of these appointments seems to be that new guys (any females?) have no expiereince for a job where training on the job is a big no-no.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:23 am
Volkonski wrote:

The problem with many of these appointments seems to be that new guys (any females?) have no expiereince for a job where training on the job is a big no-no.
Neomi Rao.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

Marc Thiessen cut his teeth as the most vocal defender of torture and war crimes in the Bush Administration not named "Dick Cheney." He probably thinks putting children in cages is a good thing Trump has done. The man is a pathological sadist, and I have never understood why the Washington Post would give him a platform from which to advocate for inflicting more cruelty on more people he doesn't like - and who always seem to be non-white. Make of that last bit what you will.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Like most, I’ve scratched my head over trump’s rant about dishwashers.

I just saw a commercial for Cascade stating people are complaining they can’t get their dishes clean blah blah blah. I wonder if they advertise on Hannity.
ImageImageImage x4

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Like every other major detergent for automatic dishwashers, Procter & Gamble’s Cascade line recently underwent a makeover. Responding to laws that went into effect in 17 states in July, the nation’s detergent makers reformulated their products to reduce what had been the crucial ingredient, phosphates, to just a trace.

While phosphates help prevent dishes from spotting in the wash cycle, they have long ended up in lakes and reservoirs, stimulating algae growth that deprives other plants and fish of oxygen.
https://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/19/scie ... clean.html

Basically Trump trying to undo any progress on any front.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Can Trump not see that there are not infinite supplies of potable water to supply a growing population??

Return to “Trump Administration”