Voter Fraud

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
realist

Voter Fraud

Post by realist »

Rivernider is a Republican Party activist, with a website that touts his experience with several party campaigns, including the Trump and Bush/Cheney presidential campaigns and the Laura Loomer congressional campaign in 2022.
Can't help but wonder if this is any relation to the Rivernider of Orly Taitz fame. :think:
Image X 4
Image X 32
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Voter Fraud

Post by raison de arizona »

realist wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:15 pm
Rivernider is a Republican Party activist, with a website that touts his experience with several party campaigns, including the Trump and Bush/Cheney presidential campaigns and the Laura Loomer congressional campaign in 2022.
Can't help but wonder if this is any relation to the Rivernider of Orly Taitz fame. :think:
I mean, how many crazy Robert Riverniders can there be? Had to have been him or his father (also a Robert Rivernider).
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Voter Fraud

Post by northland10 »

realist wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:15 pm
It's him. He was given a compassionate release in May 2020, in part to care for his father. The order for the release did say:
Mr. Rivernider’s risk for recidivism is low.
hahahaha.

https://ecf.ctd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/sh ... cr0222-785

https://news.wfsu.org/state-news/2023-1 ... ry-charges

A website that I think he set up to sell his consulting services to the Villagers and others seems to omit the whole earlier fraud case and time in the federal pokey.

ETA: Should have gotten Orly and Rikkers and had a reunion at one of the trials/hearings.
101010 :towel:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Voter Fraud

Post by Maybenaut »

At first I was like, is this Orly’s “client” or is was the now-deceased father the client?

But yep, it’s the son. I found a link to court documents on OldBow describing the fraud charges this doofus was on compassionate release for.

https://formerly.thefogbow.com/forum/vi ... er#p931934
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Voter Fraud

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump supporter who voted with dead father's ballot sentenced to jail, fighting back with civil suits

by LENNY COHEN | The National DeskWed,
January 10th 2024

WILDWOOD, Fla. (TND) — The Florida man convicted of voting with his late father’s ballot in the 2020 presidential election has been sentenced to jail but not before filing civil suits against the state and a prosecutor.

Robert Henry Rivernider, Jr., was arrested last September.

The complaint by the Sumter County supervisor of elections said his father “is believed to have died on October 19, 2020,” and he voted using his father’s “Vote By Mail envelope.”

That envelope “was signed and dated October 16, 2020” — before his father’s death — “but postmarked on 10-23-2020” — which was after.
“Sr’s Vote By Mail envelope was received by the Supervisor of Elections on 10-26-2020.

“Since the postmarked date was after the date of the death, the ballot was not counted.”
The complaint also mentioned handwriting.

“Based on comparison of signatures for both Jr. and Sr., there appear to be similarities between the signatures in the 2020 election that match Jr.’s signature, but not prior versions of Sr.’s signature.”

Rivernider was convicted of forgery, fraud in connection with casting a vote, and uttering forged instruments on Dec. 5.

The same day, his lawyer filed a Motion for a New Trial and Motion for Judgment of Acquittal Notwithstanding the Verdict.

The judge rejected Rivernider's Motion for a New Trial and Motion for Judgment of Acquittal Notwithstanding the Verdict in one paragraph, Dec. 11, 2023.
Click here to view the PDF file.

The following week, the judge rejected both in a one-paragraph statement, but Rivernider wasn’t done.

Since then, he has been involved in three civil suits and he filed two of them.

On Dec. 15, he filed an “Emergency Complaint for Declaratory Judgment” against the state of Florida based on the criminal case charging him “with the crime of ‘probably’ signing an envelope that was mailed to the home he lived in and shared with his father, Robert H Rivernider.”

In it, he claims, “Robert H Rivernider was murdered by the United States government’s creation and spreading of a bio-weapon known as COVID-19 on October 19, 2020.”

Then, on Jan. 2, he sued an assistant state attorney who prosecuted the criminal case, claiming, “defendant filed false information in state court that caused the plaintiff to have to raise bail money.”

Rivernider is also involved in a civil suit for libel.

A couple who “operate a club that supports Donald Trump in The Villages, Florida named Villages Maga Club” said Rivernider “made several false statements through Substack” that “are not only wholly and utterly false, but were taken with the clear intention of causing the plaintiffs harm.”
Rivernider’s Substack email newsletter post was dated Oct. 8 and the plaintiffs sued on Nov. 30. Their complaint says they want more than $50,000.

Rivernider is counter-suing them and other parties for libel, defamation, slander, jury tampering, and violation of Florida’s RICO statute — and he says his damages exceed $50 million.

He’ll be fighting his legal battles from jail, at least for awhile.

Tuesday, he was sentenced to 180 days, with credit for one day served.

https://wwmt.com/news/nation-world/trum ... ent-donald
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Voter Fraud

Post by RTH10260 »

Virginia county finds 4,000 misreported 2020 votes, shorting Biden

BY JULIA MUELLER -
01/15/24 2:20 PM ET

Election officials in Virginia’s Prince William County have acknowledged roughly 4,000 votes were misreported in former President Trump’s favor during the 2020 presidential election, when President Joe Biden went on to win the state.

A release from the county’s Office of Elections announced Trump incorrectly received 2,327 extra votes, while Biden was shorted 1,648 votes.

The U.S. Senate candidates for the state in both parties received too few votes, and a Republican House candidate who won his race was shorted just less than 300 votes.

“The reporting errors were presumably a consequence of the results tapes not being programmed to a format that was compatible with state reporting requirements. Attempts to correct this issue appear to have created errors,” said Eric Olsen, director of elections for the county.

The errors “did not consistently favor one party or candidate but were likely due to a lack of proper planning, a difficult election environment, and human error,” Olsen added.

Biden ultimately won Virginia by more than 450,000 votes, and the misreporting issues did not meet the 1 percent threshold to trigger a recount, according to the Prince William County office.

The insights about the misreported figures stem from a case involving the county’s former registrar, Michele White, who was charged in 2022 with corrupt conduct, making a false statement and neglect of duty relating to the 2020 election. Those charges have since been dropped, the Associated Press reports.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... 020-votes/
Reddog

Voter Fraud

Post by Reddog »

I think this was mentioned elsewhere, It’s curious to me that it’s all republican states that are dropping out.
They (Iowa & Ohio) are the sixth and seventh Republican-led states to drop out of the Electronic Registration Information Center — ERIC — over the last year, joining Florida, West Virginia, Missouri, Louisiana and Alabama.
A previous attempt (IVRC), was discontinued earlier. It was problematic I think.
Rolodex

Voter Fraud

Post by Rolodex »

Reddog wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:39 pm I think this was mentioned elsewhere, It’s curious to me that it’s all republican states that are dropping out.
They (Iowa & Ohio) are the sixth and seventh Republican-led states to drop out of the Electronic Registration Information Center — ERIC — over the last year, joining Florida, West Virginia, Missouri, Louisiana and Alabama.
A previous attempt (IVRC), was discontinued earlier. It was problematic I think.
My state was one of the first to drop ERIC. I mean...it's Alabama. Half the voters would have to suddenly actually die for any voter fraud to happen on a wide enough basis for a Democrat to win the state.

I did contact the Sec of State's office, asking why they dropped ERIC (I know, but I want them to tell me) how much the new program is, how is it better than ERIC. No reply.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

Voter Fraud

Not voter fraud, even worse. Homeless people being allowed to vote, the humanity!
The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru @Garrett_Archer wrote: This is both rage bait and a lie. The intended address is 77 S Washington St, Seattle, which is the address for the Compass Housing Alliance. One of its services is to provide people experiencing homelessness with a mailing address. Washington law allows this for registration.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Voter Fraud

Judge rules Georgia Republican Party’s vice chairman voted illegally
Brian K. Pritchard voted nine times while serving probation for felony forgery charges

A judge ruled Wednesday that the Georgia Republican Party’s first vice chairman, Brian K. Pritchard, violated state election laws when he voted nine times while serving probation for a felony check forgery sentence.

Pritchard, a conservative talk show host, must pay a $5,000 fine and receive a public reprimand from the State Election Board, according to the decision by Administrative Law Judge Lisa Boggs.
:snippity:
https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-ju ... 6MRF5B4EQ/
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Voter Fraud

Post by Slim Cognito »

5k for intentional voter fraud? He’s lucky he’s not a black woman or he’d be looking at five years in the pokey.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
W. Kevin Vicklund

Voter Fraud

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Lock him up! :torches:
raison de arizona

Voter Fraud

The AP is too polite to say it, but I will: they are Republicans. (https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislators/ ... sonID=9387)
An Iowa woman is sentenced in a ballot box stuffing scheme that supported husband’s campaign

SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) — The wife of an Iowa county supervisor was sentenced Monday to four months in jail after being convicted in a scheme to stuff the ballot box to support her husband’s unsuccessful campaign for a congressional seat.

Kim Taylor also was ordered to serve four months’ home confinement following her release from prison and to pay $5,200, KTIV-TV reports.

Prosecutors said Taylor, a Vietnam native who was convicted in November of 52 counts related to voter fraud, approached numerous voters of Vietnamese heritage with limited English comprehension and filled out and signed election forms and ballots on behalf of them and their English-speaking children.

They said the scheme was designed to help her husband, Jeremy Taylor, a former Iowa House member, who finished a distant third in the 2020 race for the Republican nomination to run for Iowa’s 4th District congressional seat. Despite that loss, he ultimately won election to the Woodbury County Board of Supervisors that fall.

No one testified to seeing Kim Taylor personally sign any of the documents, but her presence in each voter’s home when the forms were filled out was the common thread through the case.

Jeremy Taylor, who met his wife while teaching in Vietnam, has not been charged, but has been named as an unindicted co-conspirator.
https://apnews.com/article/iowa-ballot- ... 4936b58284

Return to “Current Politics”