Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

"You cannot love your country only when you win." January 6, 2022, the One-Year Anniversary

AndyinPA
Verified:

"You cannot love your country only when you win." January 6, 2022, the One-Year Anniversary

Post by AndyinPA »

Today started well with VP Harris' and President Biden's speeches in Constitution. It's good to see that Biden went hard on the former guy without ever mentioning his name. It is a day to reflect.

(Edited to correct quote [placement of word only].)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: "You cannot only love your country when you win." January 6, 2022, the One-Year Anniversary

Post by raison de arizona »

I agree, strong speech pointed directly at tfg.

tfg is going to have a kitten. Heck, a lot of craziness are going to have kittens.

Good.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: "You cannot only love your country when you win." January 6, 2022, the One-Year Anniversary

Post by Foggy »

As if Trump loved his country before he lost like a losing loser who loses. :roll:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Trump's garbage response.
► Show Spoiler
I'd like to point out that in addition to all the other untruths, the very first line contains the lie that Biden "used my name" - Biden didn't speak tfg's name once.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Actually, he never used your name, idiot! :lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:51 am As if Trump loved his country before he lost like a losing loser who loses. :roll:
TBH, I think this was intended more for the republican party. Everyone knows DFO never loved his country. ;)
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Its very possible he could not actually watch Biden's speech, and is going from news reports which DO say Biden spoke about him.

Or hits him in his microscopic balls that he was not mentioned at all so he is going to pretend he was and change reality to that fact.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I was getting ready for work and missed most of Biden's speech. They're rehashing it now on CNN, looks like it was well received.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:15 am Its very possible he could not actually watch Biden's speech, and is going from news reports which DO say Biden spoke about him.

Or hits him in his microscopic balls that he was not mentioned at all so he is going to pretend he was and change reality to that fact.
Well he definitely doesn't have the attention span to watch it and he probably doesn't know how to read it.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Well done President Biden!

No way DL2XIT watched it before that statement, it makes no sense against what was said. Would have given the VP more of the attack lines... we have to respect 77M voters voted in another way. Would have also given some more optimism and hope, from the progress over the past year to the our best days are ahead. July 4, 2026 is the 250th anniversary of America's independence and would have been good to start using that benchmark. Don't get me wrong, thought it was powerful and Andy's quoted line is absolutely true. We know DL2XIT supporters didn't watch and Democrats agree. It's about independent and swing voters. The evidence is there (as Edith Massey sings in The Fogbow's theme song). Hopefully the message about voting rights will get through to Manchin or a Republican like Murkowski.

President Obama's statement:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Being a TV at Mar-a-Lago might be the most dangerous job in the country today.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

That was a speech.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I tuned into Fox for a few minutes. While they're kind of acknowledging how bad J6 was and the need to prosecute the people who did bad things, but...but...but...what about Portland and Seattle and all those other riots and why aren't they being punished.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:19 am I tuned into Fox for a few minutes. While they're kind of acknowledging how bad J6 was and the need to prosecute the people who did bad things, but...but...but...what about Portland and Seattle and all those other riots and why aren't they being punished.
But...but...but I didn't see them at the Capitol. :batting:
Kendra

Re: "You cannot love your country only when you win." January 6, 2022, the One-Year Anniversary

Post by Kendra »

What brazen politicization of January 6 by President Biden.

I wonder if the Taliban who now rule Afghanistan with al-Qaeda elements present, contrary to President Biden’s beliefs, are allowing this speech to be carried?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:19 am I tuned into Fox for a few minutes. While they're kind of acknowledging how bad J6 was and the need to prosecute the people who did bad things, but...but...but...what about Portland and Seattle and all those other riots and why aren't they being punished.
They are being punished. The reason Fox won't tell their viewers is because the perpetrators turned out to be mostly White Supremacists. Bill Barr got on TV every single day these were happening and opined, with no evidence, that these were BLM perpetrating these crimes. However, once these crimes were investigated all the serious crimes turned out to be right wingers/White Supremacists. So, no, Fox won't be reporting on that.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:15 am Its very possible he could not actually watch Biden's speech, and is going from news reports which DO say Biden spoke about him.

I’ll take what’s behind door #2.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RVInit

Re: "You cannot love your country only when you win." January 6, 2022, the One-Year Anniversary

Post by RVInit »

I would bet that Trump is angry about what Biden said, and also that Biden refused to mention him by name. He kept calling him "the former president".

I loved this speech by Biden, I think it is one of his best. For a moment there, I thought he was going to go into the weeds and continuing to talk beyond what needed to be said, but for once he resisted that temptation and stopped once the points were all made. Bravo. :clap: :clap: :clap:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Was Joe’s dementia obvious? :lol:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kinda makes me want him back on Twitter. Such a rant he'd be having this morning.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:26 am https:// twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1479098783879340033
What brazen politicization of January 6 by President Biden.

I wonder if the Taliban who now rule Afghanistan with al-Qaeda elements present, contrary to President Biden’s beliefs, are allowing this speech to be carried?
Mr Graham, it was your very own impotus who handed the country to the Taliban...
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:09 pm Was Joe’s dementia obvious? :lol:
OMG, Biden was so on game, I was proud. Exceedingly.
--Colin Kaepernick
filly

Post by filly »

Dem House Members are giving their personal testimonies of what they experienced on January 6. They have been joined by the parents of Brian Sicknick. I cried.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”