Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

"You cannot love your country only when you win." January 6, 2022, the One-Year Anniversary

Kendra

Re: "You cannot love your country only when you win." January 6, 2022, the One-Year Anniversary

Post by Kendra »

@RepMattGaetz
: "Congresswoman Greene and I are not here to celebrate January 6th. We are not here to obsess about it, but we are here to expose the truth...January 6th last year wasn't an insurrection...but it may very well have been a 'fedsurrection.'"
Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: "You cannot love your country only when you win." January 6, 2022, the One-Year Anniversary

Post by Phoenix520 »

I love that the two most impotent members of Congress have found each other.

At least they can’t reproduce. :mrgreen:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Per Betsy Woodruff on MSNBC right now, on 1/6/21, Kamala Harris was in the DNC building when the pipe bomb was still outside of it. The reporters are talking about it being a security failure that the bomb had not been found prior to her entering the building.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Here's the article from Politico.com that the MSNBC report about Harris being in the building while the bomb was outside was based on (the article is also written by Betsy Woodruff.)

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/0 ... ide-526695
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

"You cannot love your country...."

This particular ideology dates back to the crime family stylings of Nixon/Agnew and also maybe a bit to Johnson, they didn't like it when anyone disagree with them.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am Today started well with VP Harris' and President Biden's speeches in Constitution. It's good to see that Biden went hard on the former guy without ever mentioning his name. It is a day to reflect.

(Edited to correct quote [placement of word only].)

Daymmmmmn Biden is wonderful
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

"Love it or leave it"

I could never understand why Nixon and Agnew stayed in America with that attitude.

Can you believe that J. EDGAR HOOVER actually told Nixon that he could not intercept American's mail? (per the "Pentagon Papers" IIRC).
Has everybody heard about the bird?
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

keith wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:52 pm "Love it or leave it"

I could never understand why Nixon and Agnew stayed in America with that attitude.

Can you believe that J. EDGAR HOOVER actually told Nixon that he could not intercept American's mail? (per the "Pentagon Papers" IIRC).
Spiro and Trickie Dick were the prototype delicate snowflakes, neither of them could tolerate opposition or criticism and so they came up with that little meme so that could put down any disagreement with them. They had moved from their calling their enemies communists to calling them unloyal/disloyal??? Gangreene has taken to throwing it around, but I really ddon't think she really knows what it means.
Lani

Post by Lani »

How MJT & Matt Gaetz spent the day.

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

From the Swiss newspaper NZZ (conservative, economy friendly) in their daily newsletter they highlight Bidens speech as remarkable! Usually they are very critical of him. In the headline they quote especially the reference to the former impotus of " his 'bruised ego' and his refusal to 'accept he's lost' "

(full article is behind paywall https://www.nzz.ch/international/biden- ... ld.1663468)
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:groupdance: :bunny:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
DrConspiracy
Verified:

"You cannot love your country only when you win." January 6, 2022, the One-Year Anniversary

Post by DrConspiracy »

I'm currently in Scotland, where last night the nation remembered another date, November 5, a remembrance of an attempted attack on Parliament and an assassination attempt against King James. Some plotters didn't like the way things were going and planted a bomb under the chamber. Unfortunately for the plotters, they were exposed and one of them, Guy Fawkes, was captured, drawn and quartered. The King declared November 5 a national day of remembrance which it is to this day.
Remember, remember,
the fifth of November,
Gunpowder, treason and plot!
If you can't give us one, we'll take two;
The better for us and the worse for you!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder_Plot
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

DrConspiracy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:34 am I'm currently in Scotland, where last night the nation remembered another date, November 5, a remembrance of an attempted attack on Parliament and an assassination attempt against King James. Some plotters didn't like the way things were going and planted a bomb under the chamber. Unfortunately for the plotters, they were exposed and one of them, Guy Fawkes, was captured, drawn and quartered. The King declared November 5 a national day of remembrance which it is to this day.
Remember, remember,
the fifth of November,
Gunpowder, treason and plot!
If you can't give us one, we'll take two;
The better for us and the worse for you!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder_Plot
I'm living in the London area for another 7 months or so before I go home for 5 weeks of leave and on to my next Foreign Service assignment, and in my neighborhood of Putney, there were no less than 4 separate salvos of fireworks audible and visible starting around 7pm and running until almost midnight. Drunken revelry, as well. My normally quiet floor of this apartment building (it's me, another Embassy staffer, a local Anglo-Indian family, and two young university student roommates across four flats) was jumping with noise.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Ah, this explains all the YouTube shorts talking about playing soothing music for your pets on that night and explaining how to acclimate one’s pooch to fireworks noises this week.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”