Dogs!

Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Dogs!

Post by Volkonski »

:( :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:cry: :grouphug: :grouphug:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Maybe I will post a link to an article I read today about goggies.

Opinion: Dogs are the true heroes of the pandemic
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... day-in-dc/

Good article, lemme know if you have a paywall issue. Executive summary: Goggies are your friends.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Gregg,
So sorry for your loss. :bighug:
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

That was SICK.

I liked it.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:27 am :bighug: :bighug: :brokenheart:
Was there ever a dog so documented, so adored, so brave? I think not.

A 21 Bun salute to you, Chili Dog.

Gregg! Just saw this, I'm so incredibly sorry! :( Chili Dog, as a Founding Member of the 699th, did more to save and protect America than DL2XIT & the GOP put together. Her wet work was legendary for the tiny few who were cleared to learn about it. Chili Dog's Operation Spork Out of KY was a crowning achievement as was the Laity Pincer Operation. Loved Chili Dog and asking the Fogbow flags be flown at half-mast with bowls of pup-peroni and drafts of Root Beer in honor of her heroic achivements.

And for any evil-doers thinking they can take advantage -- the 699th succession plan is a well-oiled machine and will strike back 10x harder if there's any mischef. We're looking at you, Miki Booth.

A toast to the brave Chili Dog and Imperial Illuminati Air Force: Home of the primary air and chem-trail service of the New World Order, and the famed security forces of the 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment.

699th.jpg
699th.jpg (403.21 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Yeah. :cry: What they ^ said. :bighug:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

In honor of the recently deceased Chili Dog, I am posting this heartwarming story about rescue dogs.

https://www.treehugger.com/blind-deaf-p ... ty-5207018
Mostly Blind and Deaf Dogs Meet for a Puppy Party
Former foster puppies wrestle, leap, romp, and occasionally rest.

It was fun watching them come up the driveway. One by one, former foster puppies strained at the leash or pranced in anticipation as they sniffed all the dog smells and sensed something big was happening.

There was a lot of barking, but many of the dogs didn’t hear because they are deaf. And a few didn’t see because they are blind. But all knew this was going to be exciting.

It was a party in metro Atlanta for dogs who had been adopted in the South from Speak! St. Louis, a rescue that specializes in blind and deaf dogs. Almost all the canine guests were my former foster puppies. Two are blind and deaf, one is blind, and six are deaf. The rest were all rescued from mostly harrowing situations.

And now they all have amazing lives.

Almost all the dogs are double merle Australian shepherd mixes. Merle is the pretty, colorful swirly pattern that can be found in a dog’s coat. When two dogs with a merle gene are bred together, the resulting puppies have a one in four chance of being predominantly white and blind, deaf, or both. Some disreputable breeders will keep breeding these dogs and then drop off the unwanted puppies at a shelter or a vet’s office to be euthanized.1
Speakparty23Oct20210042-916a55aa369b4d8c8c0ee92c5f597823_kindlephoto-39461823.jpg
Speakparty23Oct20210042-916a55aa369b4d8c8c0ee92c5f597823_kindlephoto-39461823.jpg (159.86 KiB) Viewed 869 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Sad, but nice. My next-door neighbor rescues greyhounds.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I was sleeping happy, innocuous dreams when my bed companion, Cowboy scared the crap out of me. He was tucked up behind my legs under the sheet, comforter and quilt, when he bolted upright and began horrible barking. Hes not a Barker. I went downstairs to make sure I had locked both doors and turned on the front porch light and saw a group of deer munching the apples in my front yard. How did he hear that? From a dead, snoring sleep?

I love my Cowboy. He's 11 or 12. A shelter dog who has been the one constant for 7 1/2 years. Just spent $900 on dental work and extractions on the goof. A little more about the nincompoop, When I got him up here, I took him around the property line. He does not go out of it. He will sit on the front porch with me in the morning and if a pack of dogs would drag a meat carcass down the sidewalk he would not go after it. He will not chase a cat outside the property. His kitty is fair game though and she loves the game. He killed a groundhog in the backyard and was torn up. But he wont go out of the yard.

Hes back asleep behind my.legs, running after some dream bunny or something. Yipping and making me happy.

Aren't pet wonderful?

p.s. the kitty...I love her but she's a bitch.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Thank you Orly, for that touching tribute.

Me, Root Beer and the Regiment are touched, and while we anticipate Root Beer will move up to overall command, I will surely keep you updated on our current recruiting plans, after a suitable interval.

Wearing her sister's collar, she climbed my leg when I brought it in and won't let me have it back...

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

If'n there's a new conscription into the 699th, that sad, intelligent, beautiful young lady will have to assume the duties of drill sergeant and mentor. She's gonna have to step up her game. In a few years, I think she'd be a great elder counselor. Hey, that's what Chili Dog did. :think:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I too missed that Chili Dog has gone on. I'm so sorry.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Poor beautiful Root Beer. She looks like she’s barely holding back a flood of tears. If she had a chin, it would be quivering. :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

Snuggle her close, Gregg. You both need it.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Here is some flood

tek

Post by tek »

One of the guys I work with has one of those dogs.. He told me what it was but I forget.

It is about 8 months old now. He writes on slack "Gotta take a break and walk the bear"
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Tibetan Terrier.

Jk Tibetan Mastiff.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

My deepest thanks everyone, from me and the Regiment.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Give that dog some water.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Pancake started school last week at the Little Rock Dog Training Club. She goes for 8 weekly one hour long sessions. She whined mostly through the first session though she was happy when we walked and halted. In yesterday's session she did not whine until the last half of the class. She was more distracted when we walked though.

The instructor recommended a punch/push collar which is only worn during training cuz Pancake pulls hard when walking. Using that collar is a dream. Hooray to no more upper body workouts until Pancake tires of pulling.

The class has been good for her. I call her our Ritalin child. I want her to do agility classes and maybe good citizen classes so she can go to schools.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I need classes for my pug, Floyd. One of his nicknames is Hopper, onnacount of how he neatly hops into our laps. *HOP* and there he is, already in a half-curl and ready to snuggle. I’m going to add Puller. I can’t tell you how many times we’ve been walking along at a brisk clip and he suddenly backs up for a smell, yanking me off my feet. Damn dog weighs 25 lbs.

I took my sheltie mix, Ariel, to a group obedience class at the Rose Bowl years ago. She was a love. The end of the class was an obedience trial, just like at a dog show. Ariel took First Place with 95/100 points. I asked at the end why the 5 points docked, thinking maybe we needed to work on something.

“Nervous handler.” :oopsy:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Ted enjoys dragging me around, so I use a harness like this one:

The leash attaches to the back and the chest. Works great. The one I have came with a leash with a clasp on both ends.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

are use the “sensible“ harness from softouchconcepts.com.

The leash hooks in the chest. Our trainer told me that dogs pool because they think that’s what you want. They pull and you pull back, and they go, “oh! We’re pulling! I can do that!” And they pull harder. But when the leash attaches to the front. When you pull the leash it forces them to walk toward you, rather than away from you. I got that for Joey, and he was a different dog.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:idea:

ETA As in, that’s a brilliant one!

Return to “General Stuff”