:lol:
Dr. Caligari

Re: Dogs!

Post by Dr. Caligari »

J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
Lani

Post by Lani »

Ted went nutz. He was outside in his fenced area, and he went full on attack dog. He weighs 70 pounds, but looks huge and dangerous when he's protective of me. I raced outside and saw a flashlight sweeping my back yard. I yelled "what are you doing here" as I readied my phone to dial 911. He said he was a police officer. He went away, not answering me why he was in my yard and whether I should leave the outside lights on. Ted monitored the situation.

Now I can hear the police on a road near me, but a steep chasm, a stream and a bamboo jungle are between me and the police. They seem to be searching for someone.

And now more police are arriving....

When I was doing the census, I went to the two homes across the stream from me. It was spooky, but I got the info. Not happy about my neighbors....

Update - there is another search of the neighborhood. Lots of police.

Meanwhile, Ted enjoyed treats for being a very good boy and is now napping while I listen for whatever info I can hear. May call 911 to find out if I have to take special precautions.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Post by Lani »

It's noisy again.

I texted 911 and was almost immediately informed that the suspect was suicidal and support is being provided. No wonder Ted is now peaceful. I hope this ends as well as possible.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Glad you are OK Lani and yay for treats for Ted! Heard Mr. Soros is sending cases of Pup-peroni.
Gregg wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:34 pm The regiment out on the perimeter at Der Dachshundbünker today. The Imperial Illuminati Air Force is an international organization and we currently fly the CanadianMaple Leaf Flag in our rotation. :)

:( This photo is gone, tried the link and it's expired. Is this a Mission: Impossible 699th thing... "this photo will self-destruct in"... ? Cries.

They SAID this was just a "Sausage Dog Walk" in London, but it was actually a deep undercover training session. :smoking:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Lani

Post by Lani »

Lani wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:10 am It's noisy again.

I texted 911 and was almost immediately informed that the suspect was suicidal and support is being provided. No wonder Ted is now peaceful. I hope this ends as well as possible.
It went on for awhile, but apparently the person is now safe. Ted is still napping.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Ted is A GOOD BOY. :clap:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Remember my Granddog Sydney, the one I have attempted to kill multiple times? The same Syd who tried to kill my little Pickle when she was a bitty kitty on more than one occasion? The same Syd that has been dumped here countless times in his 11 years of life while his mother is off to God knows where?
viewtopic.php?p=12579#p12579

His mother, (MrD's youngest daughter) is an event planner in NYC for a large bank and just came home from a two week trip to Ca. Guess who got stuck with Syd for the entire two weeks PLUS travel time?

When he's here only one of my 3 cats will even come home. Trudy is a very large grey cat and no one fucks with her, not even Syd. She can bust a whopping Kung Foo Kitty like you've never seen! So I've had all three cats locked up in the library for the last two solid weeks so I don't have to go down in the woods to find them twice a day every day when it's time for breakfast and night-night snack.

I finally put my foot down and said any time his daughter comes to visit Syd is always welcome to stay too AS LONG AS SHE IS HERE. But she is not dumping his sorry ass here for weeks at a time anymore! I shouldn't have to keep the poor cats locked up in their own home just because Syd is an asshole.

She came home late last night and after her father told her I had put my foot down and even though Syd would always be welcome to come and visit "WITH HER", but she was no longer allowed to dump his sorry ass here for weeks at a time, period. (Of course I'm pretty sure he didn't put it quite like that)

She didn't even stay the night, she collected Sydney and went to her mothers.

This has just added another notch to my "wicked step-mother" image but I'm use to that.

Oh well... "Doo Doo Occurs" as my dad use to say...
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Gregg needs to represent the Fogbow and go to a dachshund walk! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

MsDaisy wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:08 am Remember my Granddog Sydney, the one I have attempted to kill multiple times? The same Syd who tried to kill my little Pickle when she was a bitty kitty on more than one occasion? The same Syd that has been dumped here countless times in his 11 years of life while his mother is off to God knows where?
viewtopic.php?p=12579#p12579

His mother, (MrD's youngest daughter) is an event planner in NYC for a large bank and just came home from a two week trip to Ca. Guess who got stuck with Syd for the entire two weeks PLUS travel time?

When he's here only one of my 3 cats will even come home. Trudy is a very large grey cat and no one fucks with her, not even Syd. She can bust a whopping Kung Foo Kitty like you've never seen! So I've had all three cats locked up in the library for the last two solid weeks so I don't have to go down in the woods to find them twice a day every day when it's time for breakfast and night-night snack.

I finally put my foot down and said any time his daughter comes to visit Syd is always welcome to stay too AS LONG AS SHE IS HERE. But she is not dumping his sorry ass here for weeks at a time anymore! I shouldn't have to keep the poor cats locked up in their own home just because Syd is an asshole.

She came home late last night and after her father told her I had put my foot down and even though Syd would always be welcome to come and visit "WITH HER", but she was no longer allowed to dump his sorry ass here for weeks at a time, period. (Of course I'm pretty sure he didn't put it quite like that)

She didn't even stay the night, she collected Sydney and went to her mothers.

This has just added another notch to my "wicked step-mother" image but I'm use to that.

Oh well... "Doo Doo Occurs" as my dad use to say...
Good for you! After 2 solid years of life upended, I'm at the point of no fucks left to give in situations like this and I have discovered that nobody really cares. As it is now, you don't have to put up with Syd the Vicious any more, and your rep with the step-daughter didn't take much more of a hit than it already had, so I'm not seeing a downside to this. On the (very) bright side, your husband took up for you and didn't give you any grief over it, or back down in the decision. Chalk it up as a win and give the kittehs extra treats to make up for being a bad, bad kitteh mamma. Promise them it won't happen again, and give them a bag to play with. They'll eventually forgive you.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:00 pm
MsDaisy wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:08 am Remember my Granddog Sydney, the one I have attempted to kill multiple times?
:snippity:
On the (very) bright side, your husband took up for you and didn't give you any grief over it, or back down in the decision.
:yeahthat: Which is a bit of a change for him, but then he knows she's going back to NY soon and he has to stay here with me... :mrgreen:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Tiredretiredlawyer

239513876_4311758868860020_2726312569180662871_n.jpg
239513876_4311758868860020_2726312569180662871_n.jpg (66.05 KiB) Viewed 971 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20210826_170810.jpg
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Happy National Dog Day to all the Fogbowsers!
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Wish I’d known. I’d have celebrated in the afternoon.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

These two are quite sure they should get extra treats for Dog Day.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Lani

Post by Lani »

OMG I DIDN'T KNOW! I'M IN BIG TROUBLE NOW! OFF TO SEARCH THE FRIG FOR TED TREATS.... :panic:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Well, my kiddo remembered the importance of this day and honored Ted on facebook.
August 26th is National Dog Day  Facebook.png
August 26th is National Dog Day Facebook.png (258.66 KiB) Viewed 844 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lovestruck:

Hugs for both of them!
Tiredretiredlawyer

0566B05A-D612-4116-8DF9-45BD1AFDF112.jpeg
0566B05A-D612-4116-8DF9-45BD1AFDF112.jpeg (95.49 KiB) Viewed 790 times
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“‘Superstar' dog retires after six years of donating rare blood”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-58354825
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup: :bighug:

I never knew there was such a thing, although if you think about it, it makes sense.

Return to “General Stuff”