Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dogs!

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Dogs!

Post by Foggy »

OMG, goggies are gonna cute me to death!!
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

RV, Lola is a hoot! She lucked out with her Papa- he’s gonna make her life as fab as she’s made his. 💕
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:41 pm Maybenaut, on top of all the other reasons I love you, you have saved my life! 💕

Thank you thank you thank you for the front-lead suggestion. It was exactly as you said: “Oh, we’re doing it this way now? OK” and he trots along at my side happy as a dogfish. No more Iditarod lead dog cosplay for him!!
Great! All he wants is to please you, and he’ll do anything you want! You just have to let him know!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:03 am OMG, goggies are gonna cute me to death!!
Me too!!!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:50 am RV, Lola is a hoot! She lucked out with her Papa- he’s gonna make her life as fab as she’s made his. 💕
:lovestruck:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.treehugger.com/why-brillian ... ds-5208923
Why Brilliant Dogs Tilt Their Heads

In a new study of “gifted” dogs, researchers found that dogs that can easily learn the names of their toys tilt their heads when their owners ask them to fetch a specific toy. And they typically tilt their heads consistently to the same side.1

Data was collected during the Genius Dog Challenge, a series of experiments that were broadcast on social media, showing dogs retrieving their toys by name. The information was also collected during an earlier study that researched how some dogs are able to learn the names of many of their toys.2

They found six border collies that live in different countries, who all learned toy names just while playing with their owners. For the challenge, these gifted word learners had a week to learn the names of six toys. During the second stage, they had a week to try to learn the names of a dozen toys.4

“In all our experiments we found that the GWL dogs were tilting the head very often. It wasn't just during the challenge but also when we were testing them every month,” Sommese says.
Pancake tilts her head for "bone", " treat", "meds" (meaning time for Mickey's meds and her treat), and "dad". She is a left eared tilter. Mickey never tilts his head, BUT he is the SWEETEST dog in the world.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I have a friend whose dog knows the name of every toy he owns and he remembers where he last put the toy. My friend sometimes will hide the toy himself and then ask D-O-G (that's his name :lol: ) to go get your yellow ball or blue ball or fish or whatever, and D-O-G will always bring back the right toy. If it's hidden he will go all over the house until he finds it and bring it back. It's really impressive.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

We had an escape from Biscuit Land tonight.
Until I feel like they are going to be safe together, I have been leaving Biscuit in the bath where her food is away from Root Beer, she's safe and can't do much permanent damage.
Until tonight.
I closed the bathroom door.
I closed the bedroom door.
Root Beer got them both open. The bathroom door doesn't catch so I get that, but I have no idea how she got into the bedroom, and we can only guess what kind of wienerdog pandemonium ensued. Potty pad shredded, at least one fluffy toy died a magnificent death and the ramp to the bed was a good two feet away from the bed.
But everyone seemed safe and happy, so after a little chasing them around with the Dyson stick, and then some treats all around, everything is calm here in The Well Armed Bunnker Complex for the night.
Tomorrow is grooming day so I fear to think what its gonna look like when I get home.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dracula ?
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Good boy wags tail at big kitty.
Image Image Image Image
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Dog's wagging his tail. He wants to be friends, not snack.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I'd mentioned in my intro post that we'd just adopted a couple of new dogs, and here are the promised pictures :)

This is Von, who's name comes from the Old Norse word for "Hope". He's 22 months old, and a Black Lab and probable Greyhound mix. He's VERY talkative, very fast and very curious about everything - in other words, he's a handful!! We got him in August.

And this is Sasha. She's 10 months old (so they're almost exactly a year apart) and a Black Lab and likely Pitbull or other Terrier mix. She's an absolute sweetie who loves to snuggle. She's not very good at sharing toys with Von yet - even if we give them identical toys, she'll leave the one we gave her to go take Von's, and if he tries to take the one she's now abandonded, she'll go and try to take it back, too. We got her in October.

And here's just a shot of the two of them together :) They get along great (except for the toy thing I mentioned above) and love to play in our backyard. They've almost worn a dirt track in the grass out there from the route they tend to take when chasing each other!

MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Awwww, very sweet children! :lovestruck:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Nice goggies!
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Moar Fogdoggies!

They look as sweet as they can be. :lovestruck:
--Colin Kaepernick
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

RVInit wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:31 pm Moar Fogdoggies!

They look as sweet as they can be. :lovestruck:
:yeahthat:
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
June bug

Post by June bug »

Soooo cute!!
Lani

Post by Lani »

I want to hug them! :lovestruck: :bighug:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Thanks, everyone! :D
Lani wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:46 pm I want to hug them! :lovestruck: :bighug:
I'll give 'em each an extra hug for you :bighug:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Poor doggo!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “General Stuff”