Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dogs!

Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

So-so day at the humane society. The 1st thing I realized was that the dog photographer is awful. Close up of nose, body looks tiny, colors off. Weird. But I found out that the dogs in waiting looked great - happy and healthy - unlike the crappy photos.

I was interested in two dogs that looked similar (terrier-pit bull), but one was about 29 lbs and the other 42 lbs. The bigger one had been dumped as a puppy to forge for herself, but she was so happy and sweet. When we walked her, she kept leaving the sidewalk to lie on the grass. She'd rolled around, blissed out. I think it's because she's mostly lives on concrete, so we sat with her and rubbed her tummy while she enjoy the grass. Other than that, she was pretty good on a leash.

The smaller one really liked me, too, and vice versa. I got in line to spend time with him in the yard, but the people before me adopted him. :(

My son picked a very large dog that looked like a boxer. Apparently, she's part pit. She was mellow and gentle. Ian really pushed me about adopting her because she was so calm. I wish I had taken her for a walk.... But I have a small condo with a small yard. Just not sure she'd be happy there.

It was great to see how well the dogs are treated there. I'll try to go back before next weekend.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:48 pm So-so day at the humane society. The 1st thing I realized was that the dog photographer is awful. Close up of nose, body looks tiny, colors off. Weird. But I found out that the dogs in waiting looked great - happy and healthy - unlike the crappy photos.
I hate that. I passed over Sasha 2 or 3 times because her pics just didn't look right, but I finally decided what the Hel, let's see what the guys think (since I can't actually go to meet a prospective dog.) When we called to make sure she was still there and ask how she got along with other dogs, the shelter suggested they bring Von with them to see how they reacted to each other, and both Von and the guys thought she was fantastic. But if I'd just gone by the picture alone and not decided to check further, wow, I would have really missed out!
I was interested in two dogs that looked similar (terrier-pit bull), but one was about 29 lbs and the other 42 lbs. The bigger one had been dumped as a puppy to forge for herself, but she was so happy and sweet. When we walked her, she kept leaving the sidewalk to lie on the grass. She'd rolled around, blissed out. I think it's because she's mostly lives on concrete, so we sat with her and rubbed her tummy while she enjoy the grass. Other than that, she was pretty good on a leash.

That one sounds really good. Sasha and Von love just sitting or rolling around in the grass, too :)
The smaller one really liked me, too, and vice versa. I got in line to spend time with him in the yard, but the people before me adopted him. :(
Oh, what a shame
It was great to see how well the dogs are treated there. I'll try to go back before next weekend.
That s cool that is obvious that the dogs are well-treated there :) :thumbsup:
jemcanada2

Dogs!

Post by jemcanada2 »

Hugs to Augie! :bighug: :bighug:

Todd Budzyn has the same boo boo. :brokenheart:

Good luck with your search for your new best friend, Lani.

Root Beer and Biscuit look adorable! :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

pomski1.jpg
pomski1.jpg (24.55 KiB) Viewed 568 times
I pick up my dog today after work. He's a 2yo pomski, Pomeranian- husky. With a little bit of wolf dna. He has the pomeranian smile that I love. :biggrin:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Dogs!

Post by Foggy »

He seems nice. :lol:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Dogs!

Post by Foggy »

All kidding aside, he's gorgeous. That's an unusual mix. :bighug:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:43 am pomski1.jpgI pick up my dog today after work. He's a 2yo pomski, Pomeranian- husky. With a little bit of wolf dna. He has the pomeranian smile that I love. :biggrin:
Squee! He's gorgeous! Have you picked a name for him yet?

May the two of you have many happy years together!
RVInit

Dogs!

Post by RVInit »

Lani, he is gorgeous, and I also love that smile. And he's the perfect size to boot. I'm so happy you found the perfect little doggie. I can't wait to hear more about him as time goes on. I knew it wouldn't be long before you found just the right new little companion, you really persevered and stuck with it. You must be so excited, I know I would be! :bighug:

:bunny: :cheer2: :cheer1:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
jemcanada2

Dogs!

Post by jemcanada2 »

:lovestruck: :lovestruck:
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

I never knew that pomskis were a thing. If groomed correctly, they look like miniature huskies. Some even have blue eyes. Adults are about 10 to 15 inches high and weigh from 20 and 30 pounds, so a great size for me.

I read that they are very busy, so I've ordered toys & chews and and hid my shoes and anything else that's leather. Good news - I've read that they insist lots of cuddling. I also checked out barking. They are not barkers.

Well, I'll know for sure about him soon. I'm so happy! :dance:
June bug

Dogs!

Post by June bug »

Oh Lani, he’s just adorable! I’m just so happy for you both. :bighug:
Volkonski
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Volkonski »

:thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Dogs!

Post by neonzx »

Nice dog. Don't invite me over... I might have to take him home with me when you aren't looking. :P
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Dogs!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

New doggie for Lani!!!!!
HHHHHHOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAYYYYY :groupdance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
roadscholar

Dogs!

Post by roadscholar »

A Pomski! Who knew? That's one gorgeous pup! :lovestruck:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Fiascoist

Dogs!

Post by Fiascoist »

Yeah, what a cutie! Have you picked a name? How did you find him?
Chilidog

Dogs!

Post by Chilidog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bighug:

Husky and wolf = very vocal and wicked smart.

He looks it too.
Have fun.
Uninformed

Dogs!

Post by Uninformed »

:biggrin: :thumbsup:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

Congratulations, Lani!

I'd only recently heard of a pomski.

Having had a husky, he will keep you busy. Yay!

And he's so cute.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Dogs!

Post by Gregg »

Here in the "food/Doggo naming Department of the IIAF, we have a few name suggestions

Snickers
Coca-Cola (lots of swag available)
Meatball
Snow Cone
Popsicle
Lollipop
and Biscuit's favorite
Pudgy

:thumbsup:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Phoenix520 »

Lani, you SCORED! I can’t believe you found a Pomsky at the pound! Here in California, they’re coveted designer dogs. They have great personalities, really the best of both breeds. Congrats!! I predict you’ll be bffs.

ETA He does look a little like a mini-Snickers bar.
Whoever said wicked smart wasn’t kidding. Oh, you’re gonna have fun!
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

His name is Chewy. Not my choice, but he knows his name. Maybe a name that starts with ch would be acceptable to him?

He's very cheerful! Jumped in my car, stuck his head out the window, and enjoyed the trip to his new home. He loves my little yard - which is a wreck. (Haven't had time. Still unloading boxes and holding down my job.) His face looks like a husky or wolf. He has his winter coat, and has some snarls I'm working on. He is not a little dog. About beagle size. He has no problem with jumping on and off my bed.

I ordered some toys from Target today, but I only got a ball. Tomorrow morning, lots of chewy toys will arrive.

Pic for you.
Chewy (2).jpg
Chewy (2).jpg (49.9 KiB) Viewed 392 times
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

Smiling while I'm emptying another box.
chewy smiling.jpg
chewy smiling.jpg (233.54 KiB) Viewed 412 times
FiveAcres

Dogs!

Post by FiveAcres »

He is adorable. If he is a busy boy, he might like this feeding toy that Bandit, our Boston Terrier uses.

https://smile.amazon.com/StarMark-Bob-L ... B003YHB8EI

We put his kibble in it, and he pushes around the floor to get it to dispense. Solves the "Ok. I inhaled my food in twenty seconds, what should I do next?" problem.

I linked to the smaller one, but there is also a bigger one that we got for Bandit. Bandit is a large Boston, checking in around 30 pounds.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Dogs!

Post by Foggy »

:towel:

Return to “General Stuff”