Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dogs!

sugar magnolia

Dogs!

Post by sugar magnolia »

Lani wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:46 am Thanks. It's a bit far from home. I avoid driving on Oahu. I amazed myself by getting to Mocha and back home. :o Scared me all the way. :eek: It's the long covid. I worry about driving.

There are a couple of vets within 3 miles, so I'll check them out, but won't have the prices that the humane society did. I hope Mocha and I can walk (or scooter) to the offices.
Zero knowledge of Hawaii obviously, but the mobile pet clinic was intriguing and had a huge list of sites they visit. Sorry it didn't help. Maybe you could call and just ask them if they will be in your area? The Big Fix here will also give vouchers for local vets to people who can't get to their main clinic. Maybe that org has something similar?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

From his photo, that's a good name. We had a Siberian Husky we got as a pup, and we named her Brandy.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Dogs!

Post by Gregg »

We will of course reserve a spot in the Regimental Mess for him, should he ever care to join the 699th.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
MN-Skeptic

Dogs!

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Lani wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:43 am I think I'll call him Mocha.
My brother once had a chocolate Lab named Mocha. My husband laughed when my brother told him the dog's name. My husband grew up speaking Czech besides English, and in Czech, moucha (pronounced like Mocha) is the word for housefly.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:28 pm We will of course reserve a spot in the Regimental Mess for him, should he ever care to join the 699th.
I thought the 699th was on l y for Dachshunds. If it's open to others, got room for a couple of eager Pitbull mix recruits?
sugar magnolia

Dogs!

Post by sugar magnolia »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:56 am
Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:28 pm We will of course reserve a spot in the Regimental Mess for him, should he ever care to join the 699th.
I thought the 699th was on l y for Dachshunds. If it's open to others, got room for a couple of eager Pitbull mix recruits?
Only the regimental mess, as guests, of course.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:50 pm
Only the regimental mess, as guests, of course.
Ah, well. Still, it'd be nice for them to have other doggies to chat with occasionally!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Phoenix520 »

I got to eat at a regimental mess once! It felt like an honor.
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

FiveAcres wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:17 am He is adorable. If he is a busy boy, he might like this feeding toy that Bandit, our Boston Terrier uses.

https://smile.amazon.com/StarMark-Bob-L ... B003YHB8EI

We put his kibble in it, and he pushes around the floor to get it to dispense. Solves the "Ok. I inhaled my food in twenty seconds, what should I do next?" problem.

I linked to the smaller one, but there is also a bigger one that we got for Bandit. Bandit is a large Boston, checking in around 30 pounds.
It arrived today! He loves it!. That is, if I shake out the treats.... It took a little while. I pushed the toy a bit, but only let one treat out each time. Then I didn't touch it any more. Mocha harassed me about it, jumping on my lap, jumping down to look at the toy. Rinse, repeat. But then some treats fell out, and he got it!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:12 am It arrived today! He loves it!. That is, if I shake out the treats.... It took a little while. I pushed the toy a bit, but only let one treat out each time. Then I didn't touch it any more. Mocha harassed me about it, jumping on my lap, jumping down to look at the toy. Rinse, repeat. But then some treats fell out, and he got it!
Isn't it just so much fun watching them learn and discover new things? There's just such a purity to their joy that it's almost infectious...
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

Rough day. My son said Mocha has a bump on an eye. I called the vet I had chosen for us, and I was told he can't help with eye problems. But he said I needed to have Mocha seen asap. I called a 24/7 veterinarian clinic. No vets doing eye problems. I found another place near me that is part of the state university. Nope, but referred to another Uni location that has an animal eye doctor. I'll call in morning to make sure we can see the eye doctor before I drive across the island to get Mocha checked out. It's not that easy. I'm having a bad period of long covid. Extreme exhaustion and pain. :( But I'll get us there.

The important thing is that Mocha is a happy dog. He loves his toys. He's well fed. He loves to jump on the bed to be cuddled. It's so funny at night when he puts his toys under my bed before he goes to sleep on my bed. Then he drags them out in the morning. :lol:

I've been working with him about peeing in the house overnight. He's spent a lot of time in a crate before I got him. Just now he insisted that I follow him. It was because he needed to have a leak outside.It's only been 9 days. He's a great dog. :lovestruck:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
June bug

Dogs!

Post by June bug »

Hoping everything goes ok for you and Mocha today. :bighug:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Dogs!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Phoenix520 »

Good luck today! Kisses to Mocha.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

Good luck!
Gregg

Dogs!

Post by Gregg »

Our unofficial policy is, if they're dogs, if they can fly a helicopter, if they can jump out of a helicopter with tiny parachutes and they are fearsome defenders of all things good, oh, and like Pupperoni, we'll find a place for them.
Just keep your head down in inspection when the boss is around. :bag:

Gregg

Dogs!

Post by Gregg »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:09 am
Lani wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:12 am It arrived today! He loves it!. That is, if I shake out the treats.... It took a little while. I pushed the toy a bit, but only let one treat out each time. Then I didn't touch it any more. Mocha harassed me about it, jumping on my lap, jumping down to look at the toy. Rinse, repeat. But then some treats fell out, and he got it!
Isn't it just so much fun watching them learn and discover new things? There's just such a purity to their joy that it's almost infectious...
Yes!

Biscuit loves to play "throw the toy and I might bring it back" which Root Beer never showed any interest in. So our nightly ritual is Root Beer sits in my lap as the goofy one keeps bringing the stuffy toy back no matter how many times you throw it.

Phoenix520
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’d love to see just a teensy video of Mocha putting his toys away at night. 😍That sounds so cute.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:11 am Rough day. My son said Mocha has a bump on an eye. I called the vet I had chosen for us, and I was told he can't help with eye problems. But he said I needed to have Mocha seen asap. I called a 24/7 veterinarian clinic. No vets doing eye problems. I found another place near me that is part of the state university. Nope, but referred to another Uni location that has an animal eye doctor. I'll call in morning to make sure we can see the eye doctor before I drive across the island to get Mocha checked out. It's not that easy. I'm having a bad period of long covid. Extreme exhaustion and pain. :( But I'll get us there.
I hope things go well and it's nothing serious - and I m hope you get to feeling better soon!
The important thing is that Mocha is a happy dog.
So true.
He loves his toys. He's well fed. He loves to jump on the bed to be cuddled. It's so funny at night when he puts his toys under my bed before he goes to sleep on my bed. Then he drags them out in the morning. :lol:
Sounds wonderful!
I've been working with him about peeing in the house overnight. He's spent a lot of time in a crate before I got him. Just now he insisted that I follow him. It was because he needed to have a leak outside.It's only been 9 days. He's a great dog. :lovestruck:
Congratulations! It sounds l Ike you found a real gem!
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:06 pm Our unofficial policy is, if they're dogs, if they can fly a helicopter, if they can jump out of a helicopter with tiny parachutes and they are fearsome defenders of all things good, oh, and like Pupperoni, we'll find a place for them.
[Ww/quote]

Sounds good! Neither has much experience directly with helicopters, yet, but Von is a ery fast learner, and Sasha seems to think she *is* a helicopter and is very good at jumping and landing. They are both excellent defenders. We've not tried Pupperoni yet, but they dearly love any kind of treat, so I don't forsee a problem there.
Gregg

Dogs!

Post by Gregg »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:23 pm
Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:06 pm Our unofficial policy is, if they're dogs, if they can fly a helicopter, if they can jump out of a helicopter with tiny parachutes and they are fearsome defenders of all things good, oh, and like Pupperoni, we'll find a place for them.
Sounds good! Neither has much experience directly with helicopters, yet, but Von is a ery fast learner, and Sasha seems to think she *is* a helicopter and is very good at jumping and landing. They are both excellent defenders. We've not tried Pupperoni yet, but they dearly love any kind of treat, so I don't forsee a problem there.

Sold!

Try to look short when the boss looks.

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Gregg wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:14 am Sold!

Try to look short when the boss looks.
Sasha and Von: Sir! Yes Sir!

Von on the left & Sasha on the right
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Dogs!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Von and Sasha could join the Black Dog Brigade on the weekly zoom! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:00 am Von and Sasha could join the Black Dog Brigade on the weekly zoom! :biggrin:
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Stuff”