Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dogs!

Estiveo
Verified:

Re: Dogs!

Post by Estiveo »

Eine kleine veenermusic.

Image Image Image Image
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Is this stolen footage of the boot camp for the Imperial Illuminati Air Force? Gregg, please pick up the encrypted courtesy phone.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

His Illuminated Imperial Majesty's all Dachshunds Football Team. :bighug:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, the Dalmatian is cleverly avoiding toe nips. Them sausage goggies bite off enough leg parts, that Dalmatian won't be no taller'n they are. :smoking:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

That's how corgis get made.
Image Image Image Image
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:48 am That's how corgis get made.
Longtime Corgi owner here. I have never seen a Dalmatian turned into a Corgi by this method. However, I have heard of Corgis referred to as "sawed-off German Shepherds."
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20211104_110952.jpg
Edit: eta: I just knew if I googled "dalmatian corgi" that someone, somewhere, would have bred them & taken pics. :P
Image Image Image Image
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:50 pm
Longtime Corgi owner here. I have never seen a Dalmatian turned into a Corgi by this method. However, I have heard of Corgis referred to as "sawed-off German Shepherds."
After their two labs had passed away, my brother and sister-in-law got a Corgi. They had liked the larger dogs, but, with four school age daughters, wanted a smaller dog. My sister-in-law in law explained their choice by telling me that Corgis are referred to as big dogs in small bodies. After knowing Thor, I totally get that.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

“sawed-off German Shepherds."

A pick up parked in front of me one day. There was a beautiful, friendly German Shepherd in the back, eyes gleaming; coat, too. Dad got out and opened the tailgate, slid a ramp out and leaned it at a shallow angle, and led the goggie down to the sidewalk.

Perfect GSD body, perfect stubby Bassett hound legs, turned out and everything. 😂
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:50 pm
:rotflmao:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:07 pm “sawed-off German Shepherds."

A pick up parked in front of me one day. There was a beautiful, friendly German Shepherd in the back, eyes gleaming; coat, too. Dad got out and opened the tailgate, slid a ramp out and leaned it at a shallow angle, and led the goggie down to the sidewalk.

Perfect GSD body, perfect stubby Bassett hound legs, turned out and everything. 😂
At a dog park in New York, I once met a "pugmation"-- an accidental cross of a pug and a dalmation. Their human told me that she thought "a step ladder must have been involved."
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

I've had many German Shepherds over my lifetime. The most beautiful one was my Bailey. I got her in Panama, what a goober she was. That damn dog was completely frisbee crazy. If you threw them one after another in rapid concession she could catch a maximum of 5 in her mouth at a time, boom boom boom. We named her Bailey because her underside was the color of Bailey's Irish Cream. When we moved to Virginia and built a house we got the "Chem Lawn" people to come and spray the lawn. Whatever they sprayed she died 2 months later at 3 years old and they swore it wasn't them, but I know it was. It was extremely sad :crying:
bailey.jpg
bailey.jpg (48.03 KiB) Viewed 989 times
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup: :lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Root Beer couldn't stand it, so welcome, Biscuit...

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Awww

What a cutie.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Birfers, SovCits, Trumpers & other ne'er-do-wells are already panicking! It's clear from that photo Lt. Biscuit is not going to put up with any of their bulls*it. The Spork has stayed off the radar and Laity isn't even mentioning VP Harris on his Facebook. Clearly the word has gotten around there's a new ENFORCER in town. :dog:
OrlyLicious @Orly_licious 50m
Replying to @GreggEvans16
Instant LOVE! Welcome, Lt. Biscuit! Outstanding addition to the Imperial Illuminati Air Force! Lt. Biscuit will have "Speed of lightning, Roar of thunder, Fighting all who rob or plunder!" Criminals, beware the 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment!

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lovestruck:
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

--Colin Kaepernick
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

I couldn't imaging treating any living creature like this, unfortunately it happens all the time. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

A Dog’s Life
Why are so many people so cruel to their dogs? My search to understand a hidden scourge.
From the front, the one-story clapboard house looks dingy and dilapidated, and the lawn is cluttered with crap. The backyard makes the front look like Versailles.

The wooden stairs from the back door to the yard are rotted through and have collapsed. In the grass is a rusted-out 1990s-era Camaro. There are tangles of scrap metal, discarded car parts, a sodden mattress, corroded appliances, a deceased push mower, a toolshed boarded up with plywood. There are ripe piles of garbage and moldering pits of ashes where trash and food scraps have been burned. As a portrait of desperation, destitution and decay, the tableau is almost literary. Faulkner’s Snopeses, meet Steinbeck’s Joads.

No person lives in this house, which is in rural northern North Carolina, a financially annihilated area where many people are living thin. Let’s call it No-No Land. The house has been abandoned since January, when the owner, an elderly man, died of covid-19. We are here in late July. The squalor seems lifeless, but, terribly, it isn’t.

You hear the three dogs baying before you see them, and then you see them and recoil. Each is tethered to a metal cable, which is tethered to its own primitive wooden doghouse. Each animal has only a few dozen square feet within which to move. The dogs can see and hear the others, but it is a tantalizing cruelty — they are so far apart they cannot touch or play. Neighbors never stop by. These three females have been alone outside, imprisoned apart in the same spots in this rotting place, day and night, for six months. Today it is 85 in the shade. They are panting. To Faulkner and Steinbeck you might have to add some Dante.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/magazine ... table-main
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Maybenaut, on top of all the other reasons I love you, you have saved my life! 💕

Thank you thank you thank you for the front-lead suggestion. It was exactly as you said: “Oh, we’re doing it this way now? OK” and he trots along at my side happy as a dogfish. No more Iditarod lead dog cosplay for him!!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Root Beer and Biscuit, ready for Shark Week!

MisterC

Post by MisterC »

So I finally had the opportunity to meet Carlo, Mille's (my mom's dachshund) BFF. He's three years old and exactly three months older than her :biggrin:

Return to “General Stuff”