Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dogs!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Dogs!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Dogs!

Post by RVInit »

MsDaisy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:05 am
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:41 am
MsDaisy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:19 am
► Show Spoiler
I've never understood why people make their dogs live outside. :shrug: I've had dogs and cats my entire life and they've always lived in the house with us.
It's not about *make* a dog live outside. The dog in the video is also an inside the home family dog. Some dogs still have their natural instincts from the wolfs to live outside. Especially the breeds that do herding of cattle. One trait is that these dogs all have long hair and grow extra thick fur over winter time. They really enjoy their time in the cool. The ones my father had would like to sit out in the falling snow and observe nature (and protect the home, perhaps) for hours and would need coercion to come inside. At the time my father and his dogs would be walking thru nature for multiple hours at a time each day.
I understand that and that’s fine when the dogs are well cared for. But there are people who have dogs and keep them tied to a tree or a shabby doghouse on a 10-foot chain and there they stay. We had some neighbors like that once and I actually reported them to Animal Control because of the way they treated that poor dog. When the officers came to investigate it they took the poor dog away on the spot. Shortly after that I had a cat disappear. Assholes will be assholes.
I lived in Baton Rouge, LA from the mid 80's to mid 90's. I was always surprised at how many friends, neighbors, and acquaintances were surprised that my dog lived in the house with me, a human. I guess it's a cultural thing. They are really big on hunting in those parts and that is what dogs are for - to assist with hunting. I was astonished at how often people would be confused about having a dog as an actual pet.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

We had a Siberian Husky. She absolutely loved the cold outside. She could be covered in snow, and be as happy as could be. But when she was in the house (most of the time), when the fireplace was burning, she would be right in front of it with her head nearly inside. We were told that was par for the course for huskies as they were raised inside with the family.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Uninformed

Dogs!

Post by Uninformed »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:53 am The background music for the doghouse video was unique.
Don’t know if you know but the initial music appears to be an arrangement of Erik Satie’s Gymnopedie Number 1.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Dogs!

Post by Greatgrey »

Blue.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Tiredretiredlawyer

Dogs!

Uninformed wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:10 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:53 am The background music for the doghouse video was unique.
Don’t know if you know but the initial music appears to be an arrangement of Erik Satie’s Gymnopedie Number 1.
I caught that! That piece is so restful. :biggrin:

It is a waltz, I think. That's a bit unusual too. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Dogs!

Post by Foggy »

Does the garlic bread have cheese? Is it guaranteed piping hot? :think:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Dogs!

Post by RTH10260 »

for Gregg :bag:
2c0977f1788fd3fd.png
2c0977f1788fd3fd.png (172.97 KiB) Viewed 759 times
humblescribe
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by humblescribe »

We need to round up all our companions and make a visit to Dogue in San Francisco.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/ ... r-AA12Ivtb

I nominate Foggy to start the grift to pay for their meals and transportation.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

What? No doggie spa?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Dogs!

Post by RVInit »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:32 pm for Gregg :bag:

2c0977f1788fd3fd.png
:rotflmao:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Dogs!

Post by Gregg »

Happy New Year from the Regiment!

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260

Dogs!

Post by RTH10260 »

Dog joins 3-year-old during timeout in sweetest viral photo

NICOLE PELLETIERE
Sun, January 1, 2023 at 10:21 AM GMT+1

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/dog-joins-3-o ... 00089.html
(original: Celebruty GMA)

RVInit

Dogs!

Post by RVInit »

Happy New Year back to the Regiment. They are such good doggies.

That timeout photo is too cute.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260

Dogs!

Post by RTH10260 »

Over in the Mike Lindell thread I joked about Greggs Wiener dog keeping his brown camouflage war paint or not.

Made me look if there are any albinos among them, never seen one in nature, but a German website mentions them.

and the colour variations:

(FWIW source: https://fashion-de.decorexpro.com/taksa/opisanie-belyh/)
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Dogs!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:24 pm Over in the Mike Lindell thread I joked about Greggs Wiener dog keeping his brown camouflage war paint or not.

Made me look if there are any albinos among them, never seen one in nature, but a German website mentions them.

Shhhh.... You don't want to risk the secret getting out about the special unit in the 699th that is training for winter operations. Kind of like those legendary Finnish snipers in the 1939-1940 Winter War. All white, invisible and deadly.
RTH10260

Dogs!

Post by RTH10260 »

Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

In Hawaii, dogs no longer need a license tag. Instead dogs & cats are microchipped. It's possible that Mocha was chipped. I emailed our vet to ask if Mocha had been scanned, but no response. I checked the Hawaii Humane Society (HHS). I can take him there and if not chipped, get it done for $20. Also it can neuter him at a very good price, too. I'd like to support the HHS, so that's the plan.

My family and I wanted to find my HHS dog after the sad loss of Ted, but our choices were being adopted before our turn. (You look at the dogs needing adoption, sign in at the office, wait for an appointment to play in yard.) Guess that worked well as Mocha was waiting on craigslist few days later.

I know that I have to retire soon, and I want to be ready when that happens. I'm an ADA & EEOC legal expert, but maybe my retirement will be very different....
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Sounds like a good plan :) He really is cute!
jemcanada2

Dogs!

Post by jemcanada2 »

I’ve found a new recruit for the 699th!! Oakley (Crusoe’s brother) has a new baby sister, Delilah! :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

She already has the killer instinct. Don’t watch to the end unless you want to be terrified for life! :liar: :liar:

AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

:lovestruck:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Dogs!

Puppppppyyy!!!!!!!
jemcanada2

Dogs!

Post by jemcanada2 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:23 am Puppppppyyy!!!!!!!
I can’t wait to hear Delilah’s voice if it’s as cute as Daphne’s! :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
Gregg

Dogs!

Post by Gregg »

I've always loved Crusoe but yeah, Daphne melts me.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Sasha

Von

They're both January 27th babies, Sasha will be 2 and Von will be 3.

Return to “General Stuff”