Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dogs!

pipistrelle

Re: Dogs!

Post by pipistrelle »

Lani

Post by Lani »

When I find my new best buddy, he'll have a wading pool in my (small) yard. The dog park I went to with Ted had two wading pools. We (owned by dogs) would clean out the pools and refill with water. The dogs loved that! They'd jump in and out of the pool, chasing the water from the hose.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:01 pm Small, affectionate, loyal and fearless, plus the only dog I have ever taught to fly an airplane. (okay, they suck at it, but they can be taught to look out the window and appear very happy doing so... Just, well, I take the landings myself, nuff said)
Last night, I heard a whole bunch of sirens going south. I wondered what was going on.

Did you let them land this time?
No injuries after plane performs emergency landing on Milwaukee Avenue in Libertyville

Fire officials say a small plane landed on a busy stretch of Milwaukee Avenue in Libertyville after it began experiencing mechanical problems Friday evening.

The incident happened around 10:15 p.m. Friday near Trader Joe’s, 1600 South Milwaukee Avenue in Libertyville.

The Libertyville Fire Department, Countryside Fire Protection District, Vernon Hills Police Department and Libertyville Police Department responded to the scene.

Libertyville fire officials said the plane, a Piper PA-28 Cherokee, began experiencing engine failure.

The plane conducted an emergency landing on Milwaukee Avenue due to a mechanical issue.

https://www.lakemchenryscanner.com/2022 ... ertyville/
Does Trader Joe's have some really good puppy treats?
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

That photo screams Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:bighug: :lovestruck: :biggrin:

My name’s Tucker, I’m a 4-year-old lab/retriever mix and I was just adopted by the
@Mariners
clubhouse from OkanDogs!

I’m gonna get to hang out at the ballpark all the time, travel with the squad and enjoy my very own unlimited supply of baseballs. Doesn’t get better than this!
Crying happy tears right now.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

And this one is in the 1 position on their site. Possibly an honorary dachshund.
1.jpeg
1.jpeg (31.17 KiB) Viewed 892 times
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

northland10 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:47 pm :snippity:
Last night, I heard a whole bunch of sirens going south. I wondered what was going on.

Did you let them land this time?
No injuries after plane performs emergency landing on Milwaukee Avenue in Libertyville

Fire officials say a small plane landed on a busy stretch of Milwaukee Avenue in Libertyville after it began experiencing mechanical problems Friday evening.

The incident happened around 10:15 p.m. Friday near Trader Joe’s, 1600 South Milwaukee Avenue in Libertyville.

The Libertyville Fire Department, Countryside Fire Protection District, Vernon Hills Police Department and Libertyville Police Department responded to the scene.

Libertyville fire officials said the plane, a Piper PA-28 Cherokee, began experiencing engine failure.

The plane conducted an emergency landing on Milwaukee Avenue due to a mechanical issue.

https://www.lakemchenryscanner.com/2022 ... ertyville/
Does Trader Joe's have some really good puppy treats?

Looking at Google maps, and that picture of the plane next to a railroad crossing that was a pretty piece of flying for an engine failure.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

This pup is an EXCELLENT volleyball player! :dog:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Awwwwww!

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Yeah, those eggs would not have lasted that long with Lola.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Lani

Post by Lani »

I miss my dog so much. I'm moving to Honolulu in late September, and my son & I decided we would check out the rescue dogs when I get there. But here's one I really like.

Retriever, Labrador/Mix, 7 years old

https://kauaihumane.org/adopting/dogs-available/
Attachments
lab2.jpg
lab2.jpg (34.47 KiB) Viewed 678 times
lab.jpg
lab.jpg (44.88 KiB) Viewed 678 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:31 am I miss my dog so much. I'm moving to Honolulu in late September, and my son & I decided we would check out the rescue dogs when I get there. But here's one I really like.

Retriever, Labrador/Mix, 7 years old

https://kauaihumane.org/adopting/dogs-available/
He's really cute!! Maybe your son would be open to a change in plans? Labs are such wonderful dogs!! (Though I've recently discovered unexpected Pit Bulls are pretty great, too...)
Lani

Post by Lani »

She. I know how much Ted loved children, but he settled in and saw kids at the dog park. When I'll be living in Honolulu close to a dog park - of course. I'll have a small yard, but labs adapt well. They are wonderful dogs. No one really wants an older dog, but I do.

We'll see what will happen....
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I voted for the lab. They are awesome dogs, so SMRT. They're called retrievers because they used to swim out to ships and drag wooden containers to shore holding ropes in their mouths ... in Labrador.

Sadly, Labrador Ship Unloaders doesn't roll off the tongue. :blackeye:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I've had older adopted pets. You don't have them long enough of course but you enjoy every moment you do have, knowing it's going to be short(er). And you also know an animal that most people would pass over for a puppy or kitten isn't going to end up alone and unloved and probably terrified in a shelter (although I got mine from a local organization that fosters in homes). I'm on a page where a rescue targets sick, injured, and older dogs that have been dumped in the shelter system, and they have a number of people who step and adopt even dogs over 15 just so they will be cared for and about for even six months or a year.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Transferring from American Patriot Convoy thread to avoid a thread jack
Gregg wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:39 am Image
That reminds me SO much of my Laika! She was really, really good at making toys stop squeaking - usually within no more than 2 or 3 days.

Sasha and Von don't really seem to have any use for toys - though I think when we brought Sasha home, Von though we'd gotten her as a new toy for him. He was so confused when we had to keep them separate for several days after we discovered Sasha had just been spayed a couple days before we adopted her (the shelter forgot to tell us) and the stitches tore open. We had to take her to the ER vet to have them redone, and couldn't let her run or play for a few days. Von just kept looking at her and then at us like "You bring me the bestest toy ever and I CANT PLAY WITH IT???
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Must have been bad news.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Root Beer...

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

We're taking in Hank the beagle in the morning to get snipped.

Our arrangement with the breeder was to keep him intact so she could show him and "finish him off" to get the required champion appellation. She is a very thorough breeder who tests both sire and bitch for genetic issues before breeding. We'd then offer him to be a suitable sire for another one of her bitches before subjecting him to the procedure. He is one handsome 13" beagle.

Well, COVID got in the way, and all dog shows in the west were cancelled. She wanted to take him to Floriduh earlier this year, but we nixed a six-week road trip for that purpose.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hi, Hank, you'll be fine. Bitches do this all the time. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Out from under. :thumbsup:

Return to “General Stuff”