Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dogs!

Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

I love golden retrievers & labs. We found 3 of them in a humane society. People didn't want big dogs, or they moved to a rental that didn't allowed dogs. The last one had been abused and dumped - that was Ted, best dog ever.

But to be realistic w/long covid and barely hitting 100 on the scale on a good day, a big dog isn't wise for me.

Here's a Pom. They smile all the time. Not tiny, but small. And adorable - check out the smile!
Pomeranian.jpg
Pomeranian.jpg (140.45 KiB) Viewed 564 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
qbawl

Dogs!

Post by qbawl »

Well the only Pom I ever knew was my great uncle's. Most obnoxious yipper and leg humper in all of dogdom! YMMV!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Dogs!

Post by Foggy »

A dog must be trained. A trained dog feels herself or himself to be a superior dog. We train Earthlings to behave.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:18 am I love golden retrievers & labs. We found 3 of them in a humane society. People didn't want big dogs, or they moved to a rental that didn't allowed dogs. The last one had been abused and dumped - that was Ted, best dog ever.
We think most of our dogs have been lab mixes, but after having our current pair's DNA tested (just for the fun of it) and discovered neither had ANY lab in them and were, in fact, mostly Pit Bulls, I'm not so sure anymore.

Our current pair are the best dogs we've ever had. They're super friendly, loyal and intelligent. They're playful, but not exhaustingly so. They're also very companionable. Sasha, in particular, loves to come in my room and just lie on the bed next to me all snuggled up against my side.
But to be realistic w/long covid and barely hitting 100 on the scale on a good day, a big dog isn't wise for me.
Pitties come in a range of sizes, especially Pit mixes (depending on what they're mixed with, of course.) Ours are on the larger end (80 and 100 lbs) but they both have Grand Pyranese in their mix and one also has St. Bernard in there. :mrgreen: If you can find one on the smaller side of the scale, I think a Pittie might work well for you, too
Here's a Pom. They smile all the time. Not tiny, but small. And adorable - check out the smile!
Oh, how cute! That looks like a really friendly dog :biggrin:
Gregg

Dogs!

Post by Gregg »

The Regiment would like to point out that aside from clipping their nails, Wiener Dogs hardly ever need grooming!

We'll also use this change to shamelessly plug the Official IIAF Holiday Photo!

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Phoenix520 »

Squeeeeee!!! Biscuit looks particularly fetching.

My sister has a Pom named Freddie Mercury. He looks a lot like that picture. They’re best buds. He’s almost 17 now, an elderly gent, but he still likes long walks on the beach with my sweet sister. She adores him. They aren’t as delicate as they look.

If I were younger I’d get my dream golden. Still considering adopting a senior golden.
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

I may be giving up on the Poms. So far I haven't found one that needs a home. All of the listings are about "rehoming fees" of $2k - $3k.

I did find a 2yo Shih Tzu that needs a new home. His owners can't give him the time he needs because they are raising their grandchildren, including an infant. There's a sad story about that...

Anyway, I may be meeting him this weekend after I stop by the humane society just in case a dog is waiting for me there.
shih tzu.jpg
shih tzu.jpg (81.69 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

Good luck!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Fiascoist

Dogs!

Post by Fiascoist »

I agree with Kriselda. I have always had big dogs, up to 7 at a time. I just adopted a pit mix, little female weighing about 35 lbs whose was taken off the street. A little bitty pitty. Very sweet. I can walk her with one finger on the leash. She never pulls unlike my GSP who pulls my arm off nor does she chase iguanas or cats. A real plus in my world. And there are usually a lot of them at shelters and most are delightful.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’d have a pitty in a heartbeat but mr520 sez nah, and he said yeah to goaties and ratties and chickens so I respect his wishes. But I would. :lovestruck:
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

No Shih Tzu for me. After saying that she can't take care of him any more, and we were to meet on Sunday, she decided that she wants me to pay her for the original cost & vet bills. She wrote that he cost a lot & she wants her money back. :roll:

Tomorrow I'm heading to the humane society. I found out it's only 1.5 miles from my home - I can use my scooter! - so I'll be visiting there until I have a dog. BTW, no smallish-medium part pitties there, but I'll keep my eyes open just in case.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Stupidly, I'd paid too much attention to the bad press pitties used to get and had always been afraid of adopting one. Luckily for me, both Sasha and Von were labeled as Lab mixes, or I'd have missed out on so much love!
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:41 am No Shih Tzu for me. After saying that she can't take care of him any more, and we were to meet on Sunday, she decided that she wants me to pay her for the original cost & vet bills. She wrote that he cost a lot & she wants her money back. :roll:
:roll: is right!
Tomorrow I'm heading to the humane society. I found out it's only 1.5 miles from my home - I can use my scooter! - so I'll be visiting there until I have a dog. BTW, no smallish-medium part pitties there, but I'll keep my eyes open just in case.
That's cool it's so close! Good luck finding that special someone soon!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Phoenix520 »

;) Also, honestly, in my experience Shitzu’s are aptly named. The two I’ve known have been aloof, bitey brats.

That woman knows. And she tried to make you pay for her bad choice!
Chilidog

Dogs!

Post by Chilidog »

Augie said thank you all for the well wishes.

Right before the rimadyl kicked in.

CCA2CD11-2E56-466B-89B3-E363216C7AC1.jpeg
CCA2CD11-2E56-466B-89B3-E363216C7AC1.jpeg (70.28 KiB) Viewed 387 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Phoenix520 »

:yeahthat:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Dogs!

Post by Foggy »

Even mah kittehs sends hugs to poor Augie Dog. From a safe distance, of course.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Dogs!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Poor Augie doggie. :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

I hope Augie feels better soon. :bighug: :lovestruck:
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

Heading off in an hour or so on my quest for my dog. It will be crowded - son, partner, a visitor from Kauai, and me.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Chilidog wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:25 am Augie said thank you all for the well wishes.

Right before the rimadyl kicked in.

CCA2CD11-2E56-466B-89B3-E363216C7AC1.jpeg
Oh, Augie's adorble! :bighug:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:35 pm Heading off in an hour or so on my quest for my dog. It will be crowded - son, partner, a visitor from Kauai, and me.
Good luck!
Chilidog

Dogs!

Post by Chilidog »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:50 pm
Oh, Augie's adorble! :bighug:
He is.

He can be a bit very demanding and obnoxious.

He is also incredibly spoiled.

He's a good dog.

Return to “General Stuff”