DOJ Investigation: Re Jeffrey Epstein Plea Deal; 2008 SDFL; 2019 SDNY; Ghislaine Maxwell

ZekeB

Re: DOJ Investigation: Re Jeffrey Epstein Plea Deal; 2008 SDFL; 2019 SDNY; Ghislaine Maxwell

Post by ZekeB »

Does anyone become brunt toast anymore? Asking for a friend.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

tek

Re: DOJ Investigation: Re Jeffrey Epstein Plea Deal; 2008 SDFL; 2019 SDNY; Ghislaine Maxwell

Post by tek »

If Dersh had any sense, we would not get getting a lather about being called a "shyster" ..

he'll be called much worse in the days and years ahead, he should save his indignation..
There's no way back
from there to here

Addie

Post by Addie »

New York Mag: What We’ve Learned From the Newly Unsealed Jeffrey Epstein Documents

On Friday, a Clinton spokesperson told Newsweek that the former president has “never been to Little St. James Island.”
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

tek wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:35 pm
If Dersh had any sense, we would not get getting a lather about being called a "shyster" ..

he'll be called much worse in the days and years ahead, he should save his indignation..
And if Dersh’s lawyers had any sense, they wouldn’t be saying things like,
[The dialogue] falsely suggests that Professor Dershowitz engaged in sexual conduct, i.e. a ‘massage’ ...
Equating massages with sexual conduct is the last thing they ought to be doing, IMO.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

I think at this point, talking about even the weather is about the last thing he should be doing. Now finding a REALLY good lawyer or several, yeah, that should be on the very top of his to do list.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I bet that Leisure Suit Larry Klayman is available.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

ZekeB wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:36 pm
Does anyone become brunt toast anymore? Asking for a friend.
I estimate that maybe 50% of the people here today were here when Ed Hale was mangling the English language. So you can always use the phrase, but many of us won't understand the context.

Of course, Foogie never gets anythign striagth, so there's that. :-
In other news, scientists have discovered that water is wet. Film at 11.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Chilidog wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:17 am
I bet that Leisure Suit Larry Klayman is available.
I like it. :thumbs:
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

I had Leisure Suit Larry figured out almost 40 years ago. :lol: There's no way this one can compare.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Addie

Post by Addie »

I know the name is familiar, but I don't remember who this Wayne Madsen is? :confused:
Justice Integrity Project - Wayne Madsen and Andrew Kreig: Welcome To Waterbury: The City That Holds Secrets That Could Bring Down Trump
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

bob

Post by bob »

Addie wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:59 pm
I know the name is familiar, but I don't remember who this Wayne Madsen is? :confused:
Justice Integrity Project - Wayne Madsen and Andrew Kreig: Welcome To Waterbury: The City That Holds Secrets That Could Bring Down Trump
Madsen is a perennial peddler of conspiracy theories, and of course a birther.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Addie

Post by Addie »

ty, Bob, I thought it had to with birferism.
bob wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:17 pm
Addie wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:59 pm
Madsen is a perennial peddler of conspiracy theories, and of course a birther.

Addie

Post by Addie »

WPBF: President Trump questions whether Jeffrey Epstein killed himself

Epstein's brother reacts to president's interview

Addie

Post by Addie »

Miami Herald: Epstein's victims get second chance at justice against sex offender in appeals court

The young victims of sex offender Jeffrey Epstein will get a second chance at seeking justice after an entire appellate court agreed Friday to rehear claims that federal prosecutors in South Florida violated their rights when they kept them in the dark about a secret plea deal with the now-deceased Palm Beach multimillionaire.

The 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals vacated a previous panel’s 2-1 decision that rejected a petition by one of Epstein’s victims. She sought to undo the agreement that federal prosecutors struck with Epstein not to charge him with trafficking girls for his own sexual pleasure more than a decade ago.

A majority of the appeals court in Atlanta voted to rehear the appeal, setting the stage for a possible solution for potentially dozens of victims in the ground-breaking Epstein case. Despite its ruling in April, the three-judge panel had called the South Florida prosecutors’ deal with Epstein “beyond scandalous” and a “national disgrace.” Epstein, 66, committed suicide a year ago while he was in custody on federal sex-trafficking charges in New York.

The three judges narrowly rejected Courtney Wild’s petition to compel federal prosecutors in South Florida to charge Epstein on the grounds that the feds violated Wild’s and other victims’ rights when they cut a secret deal with him behind their backs. Instead, prosecutors allowed Epstein to plead guilty to lenient solicitation charges in state court in Palm Beach County.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Law & Crime: Judge Orders Unsealing of More Epstein-Related Docs—Including Letters from Alan Dershowitz and Les Wexner

A federal judge in Manhattan on Monday ordered that several records be unsealed in a case related to deceased pedophile Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged sex-trafficking enterprise.

The case involves the counter-lawsuit filed by Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz against Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who accused Dershowitz of lying about having sex with her when she was a minor. Dershowitz in turn filed a countersuit in April 2019 accusing Giuffre of defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress, claiming he had never even met Giuffre.

In the litigation, Dershowitz, a former Epstein attorney, filed a motion to compel former Victoria’s Secret CEO Les Wexner and Wexner family attorney John Zeiger to produce certain documents under subpoena and to sit for depositions in the case. In response to the motion, Dershowitz, Giuffre, Wexner, and Zeiger all submitted letters to the court under seal. According to Monday’s order, those letters will now be unsealed for the first time.

“The Court has reviewed letters submitted under seal by Defendant Alan Dershowitz, Plaintiff Virginia Giuffre, and nonparties Leslie Wexner and John Zeiger, concerning Mr. Dershowitz’s request for a pre-motion conference on a motion to compel Mr. Wexner and Mr. Zeiger (1) to disclose certain materials requested in various Rule 45 subpoenas and (2) to provide deposition testimony,” U.S. District Judge Loretta Preska wrote. “First, the Court sees no reason for that correspondence to remain under seal. The parties shall file their respective letters on the public docket as soon as is practicable.”

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Those letters could be REAL embarrassing for someone, look forward to all the gory details.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

CNN: Attorneys for Ghislaine Maxwell ask to halt release of sealed documents in civil case after learning of 'critical new information'

Attorneys for Ghislaine Maxwell, the alleged accomplice of accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, said in a court filing Monday that they've learned of "critical new information" that impacts her criminal case and a civil case where dozens of documents are expected to be unsealed.

Her attorneys have asked that the documents, including depositions, remain sealed for three weeks as they work with prosecutors to see if they can share information with the court.

The filing did not provide details about the new information, saying that Maxwell's attorneys aren't at liberty to disclose it because it's subject to a court protective order in the criminal case.

Maxwell's attorneys initiated conversations with the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York over the weekend with the intention of modifying the protective order so they could share the information, possibly under seal, to argue to stop the release of documents.
This feels like a bluff. I'll change my mind if and when the SDNY prosecutors file something in the civil case agreeing with Maxwell's position.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”