Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Cats!

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Cats!

Post by Foggy »

Kriselda! :rotflmao:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Stormy: There is a dog in my house! A DOG! In. My. House!
D026D912-E0CE-4238-94D8-53180FB18F20.jpeg
D026D912-E0CE-4238-94D8-53180FB18F20.jpeg (227.94 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
► Show Spoiler
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

That's a big fluffy tail on that cat. I think the kitty did not care for the lab, chocolate or not.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Once Stormy realized that Remy was afraid of her, she chased her around the house the rest of the day.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:lol:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Azastan wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:30 am
jez wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:15 pm

Nope. Don't feed them. Don't give them treats. Just fill my dogs water bowl which they occasionally drink out of.
Then they must like you!
A headbutt is a DEFINITE like! Really it is love!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Too cute!
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

I came across this flopping fish cat toy on Amazon and thought my 3 girls might get a kick out of it. Trudy (senior cat) sniffed it and walked away unimpressed. Katie (middle cat) sniffed a bit more and then touched it and it started flopping. Pickle (youngest cat) was standing right there beside Katie when the fish began to flop and she shot straight up 2 feet off the floor. Wuz damn funny. :rotflmao:

Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:03 pm Stormy: There is a dog in my house! A DOG! In. My. House!

D026D912-E0CE-4238-94D8-53180FB18F20.jpeg
► Show Spoiler
I'm so glad Stormy found you. :lovestruck:
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

Chewy has fancy feast kitten chicken wet food in stock!!!

:thumbsup: :dance: :cheer2: :cheer1: :blissy:

ETA: My Amazon subscribe & save is scheduled for delivery Jan 11!

I'm going to have 6 flats of 24!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/j ... to-perform
The film-makers behind The Electrical Life of Louis Wain, a British period biopic about the Edwardian artist and illustrator who became famous for his surreal portraits of cats, were adamant they didn’t want to use CGI for the shoot, so animal trainer Charlotte Wilde was brought in with 40 feisty felines. “It was organised chaos,” she says. “They had their own green room and were treated like royalty.”

Wilde, who has also worked on Fighting With My Family and Bohemian Rhapsody, runs a London agency that provides animals for film and TV. Felix, her 10-year-old black and white moggie (“a very cheeky chap!”), was cast as Peter, Wain’s furry best friend, who inspires his first sketches.

Cats, of course, are notoriously fickle and independent – but that doesn’t mean they can’t be trained like dogs to behave and do tricks on screen. Wilde says she uses positive reinforcement with plenty of snacks on hand to dish out as rewards. “We teach our cats to go to mark,” she says. “They’ll walk in and they’ll know where to stop. We train them so they run to the sound of a buzzer. We’ve got some that can roll over. A couple can retrieve. They’ll lie down, rub against people’s legs, walk alongside someone. We show them what they’ve got to do. Then we try to make that happen on the take.”

A clicker is used as encouragement. “You might have a moment in between a couple of lines where we can get a click in, just so the cat [knows]: ‘You’re doing really well. Wait. Food is coming.’ Obviously, that’s really distracting for actors. They’re probably sick of the sound of a clicker by the end of the film!”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

scritches required...

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

The Turkish Walter Santi cat channel I follow and at times have dropped a video from has its subscriber count explodind and just passed the 1 million marker!

around the 7 minute marker he shows the development of his subscribers, roughly two years to break the barrier

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Situational Awareness ....

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“They bought a blender. Three weeks later, their cats continue to hold it hostage.”:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/home/202 ... x-hostage/

“On Black Friday, Jessica and Nikii Gerson-Neeves bought a blender. It was a Vitamix blender, a professional-grade splurge, and the couple was looking forward to a winter of smoothies and soups.
It arrived on Dec. 16 at their home on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. Jessica put the hefty box down on the floor in the kitchen, just for a second. Her 4-year-old tuxedo cat, Max, otherwise known as the “sentient soccer ball,” jumped up on the box. Jessica thought it was funny and snapped a photo.
Then Max’s 13-year-old feline siblings, George: Destroyer of Worlds (“sentient potato”) and Lando Calrissian (“the questionably sentient dust bunny,”), demanded their turn on the knee-high box.
That was more than three weeks ago. Since then, the cats have refused to leave the box, fighting over who gets to perch upon it and taking turns standing guard while the others eat or are busy elsewhere. The blender remains ensconced inside.”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:fingerwag: Don't let 'em push you around.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

It's the all powerful, one for all, all for one Feline Mouseketeers!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lol: My Maggie (dog) and Poohie (cat) used to tag team on the mischief front, but the blender box cats put their shenanigans to shame.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Tricksy has decided that the box for her new treat maze is the actual present. We haven’t opened it yet because she likes to sit on it.

Every morning, W2 and Tricksy have a routine**. For one part, he brushes her 100x with the petting gloves then puts some treats in a cardboard box that has holes in the top and sides for her to bat out the treats. He sings “Took all the treats, put ‘em in a treat museum. Charged all the kitties a mousie and a half just to eat ‘em.”

:lol:

** Over the course of an hour, this involves coffee, playtime with one mechanical cat thing or another, breakfast, etc. they both yell at me if I interrupt.
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

She has him well-trained. :dance:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Cat on a hot satellite dish: Elon Musk’s Starlink antenna hits surprise problem
Starlink’s satellite internet performance has fallen victim to felines attracted to the warmth its dish gives off on cold days

Adam Gabbatt
Mon 10 Jan 2022 13.51 GMT

Elon Musk’s satellite internet company, Starlink, has ambitious plans to bring internet access to people anywhere in the world. But it turns out the venture is providing another service: warming up cats.

A customer tweeted a photo of five cats huddled on his Starlink dish, which links homes to more than a thousand satellites, and noted that the presence of the furtive felines had slowed his internet performance.

“Starlink works great until the cats find out that the dish gives off a little heat on cold days,” Aaron Taylor said.

After the photo was widely shared online, Taylor clarified that the cats had taken to the dish by choice, rather than necessity.

“They have a heated cat house, with water and food, but -25C and they decide to sit on the Starlink dish. When the sun goes down, they head back to their house,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -elon-musk
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

this piano lover is still around

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Usually, the only distracting animals I deal with are flies and other flying creatures. My choir has some issues with flying creatures and music. One member was absolutely insistent that a note was a dotted quarter. I said, no it is only a quarter note. Finally, I went up to them to look and they pointed at the music. Then I brushed the gnat off his score, "it is only a quarter note."

Outdoor events bring challenges but that is from yellow jackets who like my black electronic piano.

I did have more challenges from cats when growing up.
101010 :towel:

Return to “General Stuff”