Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Cats!

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Cats!

Post by Foggy »

We call that "Pulling a Rocky" after one of our dearly departed who was an amazing klutz and a complete fail as a professional cat.

One time, Rocky managed to fall between the railings on the second floor hall/walkway in our home in Football Ranch CA, and he fell all the way to the first floor, SPLAT! On Christmas Day. In the middle of dinner with a family who were our best friends. And if you knew Rocky, he didn't land on four paws, like a real cat. He just laid there on the floor.

I had to jump out of my chair, in the middle of Christmas dinner, and run across the dining room and living room to see if my cat was dead. Fun times! :eek:

He had the wind knocked out of him. He took a few minutes to get his breathing back and got up and walked away. Wobbling.

That's what we call pulling a Rocky. :P
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Reminds me of one kitty (former feral) who loved her toy mice, but was always putting them in her water dish (drowning her prey). Came home one time to find two - TWO of her mice floating in the toilet bowl...
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Kendra wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:25 am Reminds me of one kitty (former feral) who loved her toy mice, but was always putting them in her water dish (drowning her prey). Came home one time to find two - TWO of her mice floating in the toilet bowl...
We had a cat once who put all manner of things in the toilet, but usually sponges from the kitchen sink. She’d also jump into the laundry basket and pull socks out one at a time and put them all in a pile and cry for her missing kitten.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Awwww, the sock story is sweet. I remember a few years ago when they took away a couch and the fridge and over, there were TONS of toys left behind.
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:45 am Stormy fell in the toilet yesterday. Regrettably, there are no photographs.
Silly kitten!
Wish there were pics, but it was probably more important for you to dry her off.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Sequoia32 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:01 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:45 am Stormy fell in the toilet yesterday. Regrettably, there are no photographs.
Silly kitten!
Wish there were pics, but it was probably more important for you to dry her off.
I wasn’t home to see it. My husband texted me after he dried her off. He said she ran around the house like her tail was on fire!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Nobody seems to care about poor ol' Rocky doing a swan dive from the second floor hallway to the first floor with a SPLAT!

Probably because he (barely) lived through it to pull yet another Rocky on another day in the future. And because he's long gone now. Today we have three kittehs: Johnny Bento, Peanut Moo-Cow, and the Kittybear.

But surely SOME of you have, or had, cats who managed to do something so dumb ... so very, very dumb ... that you just gaped in wonder at the dumbness of it.

Tell us the story, won't you?
Out from under. :thumbsup:
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Our black cat, Bagheera (RIP), would often come into the bedroom and jump up on the hamper and sit and watch whatever I was doing. One day my husband left the hamper lid open and Bagheera jumped up and fell in. The bewildered look on his face when he quickly climbed out was funny. And then he just sat on the floor looking at me all cool like "I meant to do that." We still laugh about it.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:03 pm
Sequoia32 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:01 pm
Silly kitten!
I wasn’t home to see it. My husband texted me after he dried her off. He said she ran around the house like her tail was on fire!
:lol: Cute story, so glad you shared it. She's such a cutie and you are really enjoying her I can tell.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Foggy wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:03 pm Nobody seems to care about poor ol' Rocky doing a swan dive from the second floor hallway to the first floor with a SPLAT!

Probably because he (barely) lived through it to pull yet another Rocky on another day in the future. And because he's long gone now. Today we have three kittehs: Johnny Bento, Peanut Moo-Cow, and the Kittybear.

But surely SOME of you have, or had, cats who managed to do something so dumb ... so very, very dumb ... that you just gaped in wonder at the dumbness of it.

Tell us the story, won't you?
:callonme: I care! I was holding my breath to find out if he survived. What a story. :shock:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

My cats largely have not been prone to doing dumb stuff. But my sweet Maggie doggie was a real goof ball.

So, one day my ex-husband decided to put those glue type mouse traps into one of our bedrooms. So I get home from work one day and Maggie is clopping around the house with not one, not two, but three mousetraps securely glued to each of three of her feet. And looking a little bit embarrassed about the whole thing. And I really wish cell phones had been part of our daily lives at that time because I would definitely have shared the photo if I had one. It was pretty funny.
--Colin Kaepernick
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I once had a cat who taught herself to pee and poop in the toilet! She’d just had a litter, all were ensconced in the bathtub of the seldom-used bathroom. The litter box was just outside the door but she didn’t want to leave.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.treehugger.com/roaming-pet- ... me-5204574
Roaming Pet Cats Get Most of Their Food at Home
Whiskers reveal what they had for lunch.

Pet cats that roam outdoors may show up at your door with a bird or rodent. But domestic cats that regularly catch wild prey aren’t doing it because they’re hungry. A new study finds they get most of their nutrients from food at home.1

For the study, researchers recruited 90 cat owners living throughout southwest England whose domestic felines regularly captured wild animals and brought them home.1

Owners began by removing any devices (like collars with bells on them) that deterred pets from catching animals. For seven weeks, they were asked to record all the prey that their pets brought home.1

Then the cats were divided into six groups and each was assigned some sort of intervention to deter hunting activity.1

A quick-release reflective collar with a bell attached
A quick-release reflective collar with a rainbow-patterned Birdsbesafe collar cover
High-protein, grain-free food where the protein came mostly from meat sources
Dry food in interactive puzzle feeders
Owners spend at least five minutes daily playing with cats using fishing and mouse toys
Control group with no changes
► Show Spoiler
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0253/ ... 1548794273
This is the Birdbesafe collar and link to the article about it. The cat’s look sez it all.
618D26FB-C7D5-40A0-9F77-3D1640D1E421.jpeg
618D26FB-C7D5-40A0-9F77-3D1640D1E421.jpeg (70.07 KiB) Viewed 689 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Our baby likes to snuggle in the puppy blanket:

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

This was from 2020 but some are still probably wondering why their servants still won't leave.

101010 :towel:
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

John Thomas8 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:50 pm Our baby likes to snuggle in the puppy blanket:

Such a sweet face! :lovestruck:
Tiredretiredlawyer

:lovestruck:
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Stormy meeting her dog-cousin Bella. Bella is very sweet and gentle.
1B90DABC-E833-4707-A1AB-9C35CD8F5265.jpeg
1B90DABC-E833-4707-A1AB-9C35CD8F5265.jpeg (118.71 KiB) Viewed 526 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

What an expression on her face! :biggrin:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:40 pm What an expression on her face! :biggrin:
And in her back.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:52 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:40 pm What an expression on her face! :biggrin:
And in her back.
And her poofy tail.
Image Image Image Image
Lani

Post by Lani »

Well, don't stop there! What happened next?
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Lani wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:31 pm Well, don't stop there! What happened next?
She gotten to know lots of other pets… Dogs Bella and Luna, and cats Tinker and Rosie. She was pretty frightened at first, but she’s done really well. She lets them all come near, and biffs them a little if she gets too scared (no claws, which is good).

We want our families to be able to bring their pets when they visit, so this has been really good for her.

Return to “General Stuff”