Cats!

Kendra

Re: Cats!

Post by Kendra »

Luna sez Jai. I know I need to learn how to make the image smaller, but I'm too lazy tonight :bag:
Attachments
lunamay1.jpg
lunamay1.jpg (442.41 KiB) Viewed 973 times
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I like pinups! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Such pretty green eyes :lovestruck:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:07 am I like pinups! :biggrin:
I like cat pictures, but my pinups come in a magazine every month.
► Show Spoiler
101010 :towel:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Uhm, that is a bit phallic doncha think? :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

:lol:
101010 :towel:
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:59 am Uhm, that is a bit phallic doncha think? :biggrin:
Now, now TRL, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I can't recall if my I ever mentioned it, but especially for older kitties that can't jump like they used to, pets stairs like the one linked below are nice to have. Search cat stairs on Amazon and lots of choices in fabric, number of stairs, etc.

Tiredretiredlawyer

qbawl wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:19 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:59 am Uhm, that is a bit phallic doncha think? :biggrin:
Now, now TRL, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
How many females have you fooled with that line? :shock:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Luna 5 8 2022.jpg
Luna 5 8 2022.jpg (211.35 KiB) Viewed 758 times
Luna, this morning.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Another pinup! Luna is beautiful!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Azastan wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:05 pm So now that everyone knows that this household LUVS their tortoiseshell and torbie kitties, it will probably come as no surprise that we have two current kitties who are either a tortoiseshell or a patched torbie!

We adopted Luna from Regional Animal Services of King County November 15, 2017. My husband and I had actually gone in to look into adopting another tortoiseshell we'd seen on their website, but it turned out that she was on a kidney diet and also didn't like other cats, so since we were there anyway, we had a look around. They didn't have many cats at the time, but we turned a corner and just swooned at the lovely girl we spotted. Apparently she'd only just been released from the stray hold and had not been listed on the website. We adopted her immediately.

This is Luna. Luna thinks my husband is the BEST.HUMAN.EVAAAAAARRRRRR. She absolutely adores my husband. RASKC's kennel card said they thought she was 3 years old, but since she grew a bit after we got her, we think she was actually only about a year old at the time.Luna2017.jpg
Sooo...my Luna was also adopted from RASKC, just a different year. A minor coincidence, but worth mentioning.

My Luna was very clingy for the first couple of weeks, but since then she backing off on the clinging, but still wanting to be in the same room. Until the last week or so, she's decided that when I'm in the spare room at the desktop, she must claim the recliner and WON'T GIVE IT UP!!!! A benefit to watching the teevee on the Comcast page on the laptop is the teevee goes with me until the battery dies :)
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Kendra wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:52 pm

Sooo...my Luna was also adopted from RASKC, just a different year. A minor coincidence, but worth mentioning.

My Luna was very clingy for the first couple of weeks, but since then she backing off on the clinging, but still wanting to be in the same room. Until the last week or so, she's decided that when I'm in the spare room at the desktop, she must claim the recliner and WON'T GIVE IT UP!!!! A benefit to watching the teevee on the Comcast page on the laptop is the teevee goes with me until the battery dies :)
I love RASKC, I am so glad they went to a no-kill shelter plan. All the kitties I've adopted from RASKC have been absolutely fantastic kitties.

Luna still believes that my husband is THE.BEST.HUMAN.EVAAAAARRRRR. He absolutely adores her. Even when SHE steals his spot on the sofa because he's gone to do something vitally important--hmmm, perhaps our Lunas are psychic twins? Because my husband also watches 'teevee' on his laptop so that Luna can snuggle with him :lovestruck: .
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Azastan wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:29 pm
Kendra wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:52 pm

I love RASKC, I am so glad they went to a no-kill shelter plan. All the kitties I've adopted from RASKC have been absolutely fantastic kitties.

Luna still believes that my husband is THE.BEST.HUMAN.EVAAAAARRRRR. He absolutely adores her. Even when SHE steals his spot on the sofa because he's gone to do something vitally important--hmmm, perhaps our Lunas are psychic twins? Because my husband also watches 'teevee' on his laptop so that Luna can snuggle with him :lovestruck: .
I almost didn't go there, I had memories from 10-15 years ago and deplorable conditions I swore I'd never go back. The cat house is now in a separate *pod* building instead of in a room in the main building with pee all over the floor and cats were in good health. Glad I did, Luna is a doll and a sweetheart and a cuddlebug. That said, she does like to walk on the laptop keyboard on occasion and opens more windows than I knew existed. Good thing to have the Fire tablet as a backup, much less havoc with the virtual keyboard that kitties can't make a mess with. Pisses her off, but oh well...

Purrfect Pals is a great no-kill shelter too. Main location is in Arlington, but they're at remote sites around the region, closest for us is Renton Petsmart. They work so hard to find every cat a home, and love the prison foster program they developed. I named them as beneficiary on my 401K (fair amount of bucks there), they deserve it more than my siblings :bighug:

Hint: even if your husband won't do it, the best way to get kitty off a stolen spot is to grab the nail clippers, pick up a paw and watch them move :faint:

Nail trims with my Luna will be different. She's got so much white fur on her paws, and all those bushy tufts growing out of them, her nails are impossible to see for a clean clip. We're working on the grinder thingy, so far she's OK with it.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Luna is so weird. All my years of owning cats, I've never seen this one :)

I'm getting ready to get the shower started and she's sitting on the lip of the tub between the shower liner and the shower curtain. I start the water running and she's peeking out just fascinated. I turn on the shower head and shut the curtain and step in, thinking she'll go off to something more interesting. Nope, she hung out in her little cubby hole between the liner/curtain and even turned around and peeked out from the back of the tub (opposite the faucet on the other end and watched in fascination. Not scared of the water all all.

Unfortunately, I don't take my phone into the shower, so no pics. :faint:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Our cat, Samantha, LOVED water. She would get in the tub with water in it! :biggrin:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Kendra, is this the first time she’s done it? I hope you can get pix, I’ll bet she’s adorably cute peering out from between the curtains.

Cats are so weird, part 154: I recently moved an old cane bottomed chair to the entryway. Almost immediately Coco the odd-eyed calico jumped up and took a long nap. For the next few days that was her spot until one day Gracie was there, and she spent the next few days in it. For the next two weeks one or t’other was in it, and then they just abandoned it.*

* Later I figured it out. The sun had moved and it was no longer a sunny spot

ETA removed random emoji
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Yep, first time she's done this. She does like to always be in the same room as I am, but this was a bit extreme :lol:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

A Hawaii yogi that I follow, Jack Fisher, had an amazing cat story. He lost his cat at the vet, six miles away from his home. Somehow, days later the cat, Mr. Cheech, re-appeared walking up his driveway.

"Want to hear a story? My good friend Jack Fisher took his cat Cheech to the Vet in Makawao for a tooth infection. Somehow his crate broke open there and Cheech ran off. Jack goes down there looking for four days or so, no luck. They set out a trap with a piece of his clothing in it, no luck. Jack goes down again and nothing. He drives home, six miles. Two minutes later Cheech comes walking up his driveway!!! A few days lost and a trip of six miles. He was hungry as could be and making lots of cat sounds but he is back to the safety of his home. A Miracle! We are so happy for them!!!"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Reddog wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:46 am 75143DB6-432B-4399-AE01-167ABA5A2F25.jpeg

Short hair cat is Mama
Short hair cat is Mama
76A8EEC9-9EBB-43F1-B8DC-2990CEA50C47.png (467.51 KiB) Viewed 498 times
Update,
I haven’t seen them since they got a furever home. The doctor who adopted the whole family has kept my wife updated periodically.
From what I understand the doctors’s husband has taken a liking to the kitten with cream coloration and wants to make it an indoor kittie.
They have adventures, a creek nearby. A family of foxes close that sounds scary. But the kittens were friends with baby foxes.
When the mama started showing up she was so small she could get between our fence pickets to escape danger. When her belly swelled I had to displace a picket slightly (she was so short she couldn’t jump over like most other cats.

The Doctor says she still grooms the kittens. Even though they’re way bigger than her now

I had posted pictures last year and the change is amazing

Doctor says they’re great mousers also.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

So Johnny Bento didn't like the breakfast selection today. We keep a wide variety of kitteh noms, and I try to vary the selection every morning. The girlies, KittyBear and Peanut MooCow, basically dabble in the breakfast dish, but they much prefer crunchies. Which works for Johnny, he finishes his own dish and then he gnoshes on what's left of theirs. Everyone is happy in Kitteh Paradise.

But today he didn't finish his, and he barely looked at the girlies', and he came to me and told me in no uncertain terms that his breakfast was no damn good and he was officially filing a complaint with the management, with an affidavit signed by a notary public AND a red thumb paw print, thank you very much.

And he doesn't complain unless he has something to complain about. He and I have a working relationship based on honest communication, especially since his mother was out of town for a week recently.

So when he told me his breakfast was no damn good, I said, "OK, Johnny." I picked it up and got a new can out, and he liked that one.

He's one of the smartest cats I've ever had, and he'll do some sneaky stuff now and then, but we communicate as if he was a dog. Today he had a problem. He came and told me about the problem, and I fixed it, and we moved on. I don't remember being able to do that with a lot of other cats.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶

Return to “General Stuff”