Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Cats!

AndyinPA
Verified:

Cats!

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
rossgw

Cats!

Post by rossgw »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:09 pm I like Caliban. Too many syllables? Calvin .
From "The Tempest" by Shakespeare.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Cats!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

JJ MacNab @jjmacnab@counter.social
It's Saturday so I'm going to start a Proof Of Cat thread.

Pictures, or you don't have a cat.

This is Anchovy aka Ancho aka Cho aka Soap Eating Boob.
543423adf2b9c780.jpg
543423adf2b9c780.jpg (129.46 KiB) Viewed 766 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Cats!

Post by poplove »

After being catless for two years, we rescued another one on Halloween. A friend feeds her neighborhood strays and they have all been trapped/neutered/vaxxed/released. About six months ago, a little black female showed up at feeding time. Her ear was clipped so she had been through the TNR program. She became super friendly and purred around my friend and other humans. Kitty even tried to follow my friend into her house but she has two big dogs otherwise she would have given kitty a home. She knew I was wanting another cat, so I went over with my carrier at feeding time. My friend picked kitty up and put her in the carrier without any issue. Kitty was silent all the way back to my house. She's still a little shy and during the day and hides in her safe spot under the bed in the spare room where we kept her confined for the first week. She sits in the window at other times. She's super happy around dinner time and is all lovey-dovey rollie-pollie purr-purr pet me. She's not keen on being picked up and it's too early to tell if she'll be a lap cat. But she's no longer on the street and we will continue spoiling her with treats, catnip toys, and heated cat beds. Those are white fur spots on her hind right leg and two white spots on her tail. Perhaps one of her ancestors was a white fluffy. We think she's about a year old. Anyway, my daughter named her Princess Zelda.
Princess Zelda.png
Princess Zelda.png (494.87 KiB) Viewed 734 times
Phoenix520
Verified:

Cats!

Post by Phoenix520 »

Princess Zelda brought her own flair! I love black kitties. She’s beautiful. Welcome and congrats.
poplove

Cats!

Post by poplove »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:17 pm Princess Zelda brought her own flair! I love black kitties. She’s beautiful. Welcome and congrats.
Thanks! I'm glad she found her way to us because I wasn't really looking forward to going cat shopping. My tenderhearted daughter didn't want to go looking either. She would be sad about the ones that were left behind.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Cats!

Post by Foggy »

KittyBear, Peanut MooCow, and Johnny Bento send greetings.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
June bug

Cats!

Post by June bug »

Congrats, pop love! What beautiful eyes your princess has! :lovestruck:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Cats!

Welcome to the Catbow, Princess Zelda! Siri sends you cat greetings. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Cats!

Post by Phoenix520 »

In my house, right now, cat greetings are:

Hiss
Growl
Rowr
Tiredretiredlawyer

Cats!

https://www.openculture.com/2022/11/cat ... r-art.html
Cats in Japanese Woodblock Prints: How Japan’s Favorite Animals Came to Star in Its Popular Art

Few countries love cats as much as Japan does, and none expresses that love so clearly in its various forms of art. Though not eternal, the Japanese inclination toward all things feline does extend deeper into history than some of us might assume. “In the sixth century, Buddhist monks travelled from China to Japan,” writes Philip Kennedy at Illustration Chronicles. On these journeys, they brought scriptures, drawings, and relics – items that they hoped would help them introduce the teachings of Buddhism to the large island nation.” They also brought cats, in part as carriers of good luck and in part for their ability to “guard the sacred texts from the hungry mice that had stowed on board their ships.”

Buddhism made a lasting mark on Japanese culture, but those cats practically overtook it. “Today, cats can be found nearly everywhere in Japan,” Kennedy writes. “From special cafés and shrines to entire cat islands. Indeed the owners of one Japanese train station were so enamored with their cat that they appointed her stationmaster.”

By the mid-nineteenth century, the ukiyo-e woodblock print master Utagawa Kuniyoshi could keep a studio overrun with cats and not seem too terribly eccentric for it. “His fondness for felines crept into his work, and they appear in many of his finest prints. Sometimes they crop up as characters from well-known stories; other times, they are beautifully expressive studies.”

Kuniyoshi made his name illustrating tales of historical warriors, but his artistic capacity also encompassed “everything from landscapes and animals to ghostly apparitions and scenes from popular kabuki theatre.” When the Tokugawa Shogunate sensed its power declining in the 1840s, it banned such “luxuries” as the depictions of kabuki actors (as well as geisha).
► Show Spoiler
image064.jpg
image064.jpg (59.12 KiB) Viewed 649 times
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Cats!

Post by northland10 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:25 pm In my house, right now, cat greetings are:

Hiss
Growl
Rowr
Funny. That's also my greeting.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Cats!

Post by RTH10260 »

:o do you have lots of repeat guests?

;)
Phoenix520
Verified:

Cats!

Post by Phoenix520 »

:lol:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Cats!

SuzieC
Verified:

Cats!

Post by SuzieC »

:lol: :lol:
sugar magnolia

Cats!

Post by sugar magnolia »

My daughter's cat is obsessed with potatoes. He even sleeps with one.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Cats!

Post by Maybenaut »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:00 pm My daughter's cat is obsessed with potatoes. He even sleeps with one.
Many years ago I had a roommate who had a cat that had some kind of palsy. She couldn’t walk across the room without falling down. My roommate gave her a small potato to play with, and she carried it everywhere and never fell down when she had the potato in her mouth.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Uninformed

Cats!

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
SuzieC
Verified:

Cats!

Post by SuzieC »

Awww I love OwlKitty. She has a whole series of adorable videos on her Instagram page.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Cats!

Post by RTH10260 »

Your Cat Might Not Be Ignoring You When You Speak
Cats have a reputation for being aloof, but a new study has found that their relationships with their owners may be stronger than we thought.

By Anthony Ham
Published Nov. 12, 2022 Updated Nov. 13, 2022
Every cat owner has a story to tell of being blanked by their cat: We call to our cat, it turns away, and some of us might be left wondering why we didn’t get a dog. But your cat may be listening after all. More than that, it cares more than you may think.

A study by French researchers that was published last month in the journal Animal Cognition found that not only do cats react to what scientists call cat-directed speech — a high-pitched voice similar to how we talk to babies — they react to who is doing the talking.

“We found that when cats heard their owners using a high-pitched voice, they reacted more than when they heard their owner speaking normally to another human adult,” said Charlotte de Mouzon, an author of the study and cat behavior expert at the Université Paris Nanterre. “But what was very surprising in our results was that it actually didn’t work when it came from a stranger’s voice.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/12/scie ... e-dog.html
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Cats!

Post by Maybenaut »

Meet Banji, the newest member of the Maybeclan! I got her at the animal shelter. She’s very purry.
BA09B38C-42D9-4CD6-83A5-3639DEB138C6.jpeg
BA09B38C-42D9-4CD6-83A5-3639DEB138C6.jpeg (117.14 KiB) Viewed 387 times
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Tiredretiredlawyer

Cats!

She's beautiful!! :biggrin:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Cats!

Post by AndyinPA »

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
poplove

Cats!

Post by poplove »

Hi Banji!!! :lovestruck:

Return to “General Stuff”