Intelligence/Judiciary Impeachment Investigation: Trump Obstruction; Suborning Perjury; Whistleblower(s)

Jeffrey

Re: Intelligence/Judiciary Impeachment Investigation: Trump Obstruction; Suborning Perjury; Whistleblower(s)

Post by Jeffrey » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:36 pm

Republicans have a lot of nerve playing the civility card.

GreatGrey

Re: Intelligence/Judiciary Impeachment Investigation: Trump Obstruction; Suborning Perjury; Whistleblower(s)

Post by GreatGrey » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:37 pm

NMgirl wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:19 pm
Kendra wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:35 pm

A minor child deserves privacy and should be kept out of politics. Pamela Karlan, you should be ashamed of your very angry and obviously biased public pandering, and using a child to do it.
I agree with First Pole Dancer Melanie. It was a stupid thing for Karlan to say, and it’s hard not to believe that Karlan didn’t prepare that remark in advance. Shame on her.
Well then it’s a good thing she didn’t mention Duke Kahanamoku when making the point there’s no peerage system in the US.

Trump shoulda picked another name for the child anyway. If he’d been a Palin he would be named ‘Whoops’.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:50 pm

neonzx wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:33 pm
NMgirl wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:19 pm

I agree with First Pole Dancer Melanie. It was a stupid thing for Karlan to say, and it’s hard not to believe that Karlan didn’t prepare that remark in advance. Shame on her.
She apologized w regret.
It was a stupid thing to say, and she should regret it.

As a parent, FLOTUS is entitled to be unhappy about it. I don't think she should have used the FLOTUS account to complain. Not that I would have seen it. I have all of them blocked.

Also, FLOTUS doesn't care about children in cages or that her Be Best hubby mocks people with withered arms. She is said to encourage his worst impulses.

So she can have her outrage, and I'll have mine.

HisMexcellence

Post by HisMexcellence » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Kendra wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:03 pm
Gaetz :torches: 🔥
OMG, I haven't been visiting FogBow as much, so I think I forgot to let y'all in on an amazing Gaetz story I remembered. I'll make a new post about it.

HisMexcellence

Post by HisMexcellence » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:43 pm

HisMexcellence wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:13 pm
Kendra wrote:
OMG, I haven't been visiting FogBow as much, so I think I forgot to let y'all in on an amazing Gaetz story I remembered. I'll make a new post about it.
OK, I forget how to start a new thread, so I'll drop the story here and let the Mods decide.

Ahem

Back around late 2005-early 2007 I was working at a bar while in undergrad. The bar was one of 3 bars across the street from the school. Every Thursday night the law school students would swarm the bar. Some of them were pretty bad drinkers. One night we had a guy, and we can't remember if he was pissing on a table, or if he groped a waitress, but the staff confronts him. The boyfriend of the waitress punches him in the face and a fight starts. We bounce the guy out the front door, where he's still trying to fight another server. He swings at the server, who dodges it, but then is able to get the server in a headlock. We finally get the guy on the ground but he still has the server in a headlock and is trying to choke him out. So I grab his feet, lift and spread his leg and warn him; if he doesn't let go of the server, I'm gonna kick him in the nuts. He still wont let go. I warn him again; let go or I'm gonna kick you in the nuts. He doesn't let go. I gas-pedal his nuts. Hard. He lets go and goes fetal and looks at me with a face I will never forget and ask me "Why?" This was a weird question to me, I was pretty clear, I warned him twice.
At this point, the police, who were across the street doing not a damn thing, spring into action. They arrest the guy, drunk in public I assume. While they're restraining him, he keeps going on about "do you know who my dad is?" and other drunk law student nonsense.

My friends and I remember this event well, because that dude had a baaaad night. Some point last year I stumbled across the mug shot of Matt Gaetz and it immediately clicked. We're pretty sure he was the drunk I stomped in the nuts. I have stomped on Matt Gaetz dick.

Just remember when he's being a huge prick, Matt Gaetz had his nuts stomped on by a bartender while getting bounced from a bar.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:59 pm

:notworthy:

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:02 pm

:stamp: :fiesta: :fiesta: :fiesta: :fiesta: :fiesta: :fiesta: :fiesta: :stamp:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:05 pm

Can we Twitter him about that?

HisMexcellence

Post by HisMexcellence » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:19 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:05 pm
Can we Twitter him about that?
There's been a few folks who have been posting the story I posted on FARK earlier this year. Big green block of text. I made an account that I'm slowly getting more active with as it picks up steam.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:25 pm

HisMexcellence wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:43 pm
HisMexcellence wrote:
Kendra wrote:
Matt Gaetz had his nuts stomped on by a bartender while getting bounced from a bar.
Hasn't learned the lesson. Requires a do-over. You game?
:twisted:

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:48 pm

HisMexcellence wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:43 pm
HisMexcellence wrote:
Kendra wrote:
OK, I forget how to start a new thread, so I'll drop the story here and let the Mods decide.

Ahem

My friends and I remember this event well, because that dude had a baaaad night. Some point last year I stumbled across the mug shot of Matt Gaetz and it immediately clicked. We're pretty sure he was the drunk I stomped in the nuts. I have stomped on Matt Gaetz dick.

Just remember when he's being a huge prick, Matt Gaetz had his nuts stomped on by a bartender while getting bounced from a bar.

You're my hero!

ImageImageImage x4

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:48 pm

GreatGrey wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Trump shoulda picked another name for the child anyway. If he’d been a Palin he would be named ‘Whoops’.
I always assumed Barron had been named after the magazine.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:23 pm

Probably a joke but I didn’t realize until recently that he named him after the Hilton patriarch:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barron_Hilton

Which is a whole other type of pathology.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:56 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:23 pm
Probably a joke but I didn’t realize until recently that he named him after the Hilton patriarch:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barron_Hilton

Which is a whole other type of pathology.
Funny. I know the real Barron Hilton, Jr. We called him "Barry."

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:37 am

realist wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:32 am

And then there's this one:
Tom Fitton
@TomFitton
·
43m
Speaking of impeachment, Obama can still be impeached.

And Biden.

And Hillary Clinton
Huh? What federal office do these folks currently hold? Is he nuts or just playing to the uninformed?

The comments are frightening. Except for the ones saying we should impeach Lincoln, Jefferson, Reagan, etc. Everyone else pretty much is excited at the idea.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:40 am

Addie wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:13 pm
I wondered how useful this legalistic hearing would be. I'm happy to have been wrong. I think in terms of normal IANALs, it serves the public well to hear all of this. The Rethugs will do some damage or die trying, but I think they've already lost the day.
Except the only people watching are pro-impeachment. Everyone else is getting the factionalized version from Fox News and the right-wing press.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:58 am

Addie wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:39 pm

Adding:
TIME: Democrats Weigh Including Obstruction and Mueller Report During First House Judiciary Impeachment Hearing
GQ: The Latest Impeachment Hearing Did Not Go Well for Trump's Republican Defenders
Independent: Trump has met the standards for impeachment, legal scholars testify in historic hearing
Law & Crime: Here’s How Impeachment Investigators Accessed Rudy Giuliani’s Call Records
Addie: your links are amazing. I’ve learned much from them, such as the Law and Crime one above, and the Three Myths a few posts back. Thank you so much! :thumbs:

-- Sen. King (I-ME)

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:01 am

Whatever4 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:40 am
Addie wrote:
I wondered how useful this legalistic hearing would be. I'm happy to have been wrong. I think in terms of normal IANALs, it serves the public well to hear all of this. The Rethugs will do some damage or die trying, but I think they've already lost the day.
Except the only people watching are pro-impeachment. Everyone else is getting the factionalized version from Fox News and the right-wing press.
Which word be true regardless of anything.

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:08 am

Whatever4 wrote:
Addie wrote:
I imagine their goal is to hold the pro-impeachment line, maybe pull a couple points from the fence sitters.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:10 am

TexasFilly wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:01 am
Whatever4 wrote:
Addie wrote:
Which word be true regardless of anything.
Hmmmm... I meant to say “fictionalized” instead of “factionalized”, but I’m liking the mistake.

-- Sen. King (I-ME)

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:27 am

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:01 pm
neonzx wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:37 pm
Aaron Rupar✔ @atrupar
TRUMP on House Dems' impeachment report: "I saw it & it's a joke. Everybody is saying it. And I watched reviews. I watched Sean Hannity, I watched Laura Ingraham, I watched Tucker Carlson, I watched a lot of other legal scholars, frankly ... Alan Dershowitz, & many more"
i.e. all the best Trump sycophants.
One judges the qualities of a leader personality by the advisers he/she picks.

Remember the laughs at a Buckingham Palace reception ? ;)

#MAGA :sarcasm:

Return to “Impeachment”