Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

JOE MANCHIN

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
filly

JOE MANCHIN

Post by filly »

Drives a stake through the Biden Presidency and our Democracy:

Merry Christmas!
filly

Re: JOE MANCHING

Post by filly »

Oh no, typo in the title, don't remember how to fix it!!! :bag:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

LIke it's a surpise. Enabled by my despicable Senator, Chuck Schumer. What a lying wimp he has been. And yet he's not getting any of the blame for this. Fuck him and his cowardice.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: JOE MANCHA-CHING

Post by bill_g »

filly wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:10 am Oh no, typo in the title, don't remember how to fix it!!! :bag:
There you go.
filly

Post by filly »

I've never understood Manchin's strategy here. Making sure the Democrats lose the Senate is clear. But if he stays a Democrat, he will have zero power. If he flips to the QOP, he becomes a nobody too.
filly

Post by filly »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:19 am LIke it's a surpise. Enabled by my despicable Senator, Chuck Schumer. What a lying wimp he has been. And yet he's not getting any of the blame for this. Fuck him and his cowardice.
I've always thought Schumer was a terrible pick for Majority Leader.
filly

Post by filly »

If anyone can help me fix the typo in the title, please let me know!!!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

filly wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:27 am If anyone can help me fix the typo in the title, please let me know!!!
I like it the way it is!

Go to your first post and edit the title there.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
filly

Post by filly »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:29 am
filly wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:27 am If anyone can help me fix the typo in the title, please let me know!!!
I like it the way it is!

Go to your first post and edit the title there.
Thanks. I tried it earlier but it had this weird autocorrect kind of thing. But I went back and fought with it until it worked. Gracias!
Notaperson

Re: JOE MANCHIN

Post by Notaperson »

I am so damn disgusted.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

They bent over backwards giving him everything he wanted and he did what he was going to do anyway
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Maserati driving, yacht living, coal loving sonuvabitch!

Arg!

This is why we can’t have nice things.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I posted this in the build back better infrastructure thread yesterday. This seems a better place for it.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

I can't help but think of all of the time that was wasted negotiating with a man who was negotiating in bad faith from the get go, I think Biden got played.

It reminds me of all the time Cory Booker and Karen Bass wasted trying to negotiate with Tim Scott over police reform.

On the other side, just think of all the time that Katsko guy (R-NY) wasted negotiating for a Bipartisan Commission on the Insurrection, only to have the rug pulled out from under him by McCarthy, who appointed him to negotiate in the first place.

It seems that anyone who thinks they can negotiate in DC this days is living in the past and is easily fooled. It seems we are in a place where you cannot trust anybody (or just a few people) these days. It's a sad state of affairs and I have no idea what the solution is.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

At this point in time, you can't even retaliate against him. He could become a republican without skipping a beat, flipping the Senate. He could easily be re-elected in West Virginia as a republican, if he wants that. But I agree with Filly that in the long run, neither option is a good one for him. But then, when you're rich, there are always a lot more options.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

People forget that Obama spent months negotiating with Olympia Snowe to avoid depending on Holy Joe Lieberman to pass Obamacare. And that was under mighty Harry Ried. So blaming Shumer when he has all the caucus bar one asshole on side is just wrong.

But then back then the Solution being pushed was to get rid of Reid as he was a "divisive figure," and the Republicans would be much more reasonable after he was gone.

The correct solution is to elect more Democrats to reduce the influence of single assholes. But the social media influences will be pumping the blame Democrats rather than blame republicans narrative forever.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

As for right now, the best approach is to play hardball with him, and hold a vote, and see if he is willing to put that vote on paper.
Hic sunt dracones
filly

Post by filly »

Sure, just elect more Democrats, that's the solution! Texas and Florida will elect Democratic Senators, so will Mississippi, Missouri, Wyoming, North and South Dakota etc. Easy peasy solution!
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

No its not easy, but blaming Shumer is the incorrect approach. Replacing him will achieve nothing as you will still have to deal with the single asshole that *shock* still wont change his mind.

Besides, you had a near supermajority 12 years ago so its hardly a shocking solution. And 2 years ago you were in the Senate Minority, and then you got the Majority with Shumer at the helm. I'm sorry that the thought of *working to win elections to get your agenda passed" causes you to lash out like I have insulted your Mother or something.

Plus I did suggest a present strategy, force Munchin to put his name down on paper for the vote and live with the consequences. Its about the best move you have left.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The white house has decided to unleash the firepower of the the USS Psaki

Hic sunt dracones
filly

Post by filly »

Suranis wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:28 pm No its not easy, but blaming Shumer is the incorrect approach. Replacing him will achieve nothing as you will still have to deal with the single asshole that *shock* still wont change his mind.

Besides, you had a near supermajority 12 years ago so its hardly a shocking solution. And 2 years ago you were in the Senate Minority, and then you got the Majority with Shumer at the helm. I'm sorry that the thought of *working to win elections to get your agenda passed" causes you to lash out like I have insulted your Mother or something.

Plus I did suggest a present strategy, force Munchin to put his name down on paper for the vote and live with the consequences. Its about the best move you have left.
You love to opine about America but then you're always the victim. :crying:

The fact that Schumer is a terrible Majority Leader is not limited to the Manchin issue.

12 years ago is not the reality of today. And that suggested solution is not viable in the America we live in. But thanks for your opinion.

Forcing Manchin to "put his name down" will result in no consequences to Joe Manchin. He will continue to get re-elected until he dies. He has no shame. What do you suggest pressuring him with?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:explode:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

:fuckyou:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

filly wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:16 pm What do you suggest pressuring him with?
If there will be no consequences to anything, and therefore you cant put pressure on him, why is Schumer such a bad leader for not doing something that's impossible?

And why is he such a bad leader due to the fact that he has a razor thin majority in the senate that depends on the guy who you just said that he cant put pressure onto?

This is what a called a contradiction in your thinking. And I am not insulting you by pointing it out.

And the political situation is very similar to 12 years ago. The Senate leader needs to depend on a jackass with a bee up his bonnet to pass anything. Harry Reid had to deal with the same shit and people said the same stuff about him. Hell I was sarcastically asking people where did they think Obama had his magic mind control eye beams if they think he could just MAKE people vote for what he wanted.

Only Schumer has managed to pass 2 out of 3 pieces of major legislation despite being such a horrid leader who has to deal with people whom he cant pressure. This thing stalls on the third piece of legislation and OMG HE IS TOTALLY THE WORST EVAH AND NEVER GETS ANYTHING DONE!

And I will continue to comment on American politics the same way I have been doing for over a decade. Your reaction to me doing so on this is way out of proportion to my offence. You need to take a break and relax because you are displaying serious anger issues.

Your response will likely be "Its Schumer's fault I have such anger issues because he is so useless!!!"

No, its not his fault at all. because others look at the same facts and see different things and have a different reaction. Blaming him for everything including your own feelings means that you have let this get to you. And no its not Schumers fault that you chose to let it get to you either.

And ya I'm a Catholic as you will likely bring that up and my reactions to that too in an attempt to use whataboutism to demand that I am not to comment on you going crazy. And you would be right and you would be right that I sometimes go crazy about stuff to do with the Catholic church.

Which does not mean that I am in any way wrong about your overreaction to anyone daring to even question Shumer's terribleness.

So in short, take a break and calm down. An opinion that Schumer is not that bad is just that, an opinion. Not an offence against the very pulse of the universe and not an insult to you.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Current Politics”