Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

JOE MANCHIN

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Notaperson

Re: JOE MANCHIN

Post by Notaperson »

filly

Post by filly »

Lol serious anger issues are your specialty. Recall a few months ago when you posted multiple profanity laced posts directed to members here but of course you deleted them.

I’m done responding to you .
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

filly wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:29 pm Lol serious anger issues are your specialty. Recall a few months ago when you posted multiple profanity laced posts directed to members here but of course you deleted them.

Always picking fights, then playing a victim (because Catholic). Comments such as "calm down", "take a break" are so typically passive aggressive of Sur. I wish he would stop.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Out from under. :thumbsup:
filly

Post by filly »

Foggy wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:59 pm

I am done. Fini.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

filly wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:19 pm

I am done. Fini.
It's your thread!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
filly

Post by filly »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:49 pm
filly wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:19 pm

I am done. Fini.
It's your thread!
:lol:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

filly wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:29 pm Lol serious anger issues are your specialty. Recall a few months ago when you posted multiple profanity laced posts directed to members here but of course you deleted them.

I believe they were directed at me. Because (1) I am a female and therefore perceived as weak and (2) I dared to suggest that women withhold sex as a strategy if the male-dominated Republicans ban abortion. He told me that I was stupid and to "fuck off" and told me that I hated "the dong." It was an extremely weird and hostile response.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

SuzieC wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:56 pm

I believe they were directed at me. Because (1) I am a female and therefore perceived as weak and (2) I dared to suggest that women withhold sex as a strategy if the male-dominated Republicans ban abortion. He told me that I was stupid and to "fuck off" and told me that I hated "the dong." It was an extremely weird and hostile response.
'I hated "the dong." '
Well yeah but what is your position on the dinar?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I like diners. I like the booths, and the pickles that come with the sandwiches.

I'm from New Jersey originally, where there are lots of diners.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I like diners. And are we still holding our dong pending revaluation? :batting:

I like the yellow flag, that way I don't have to say anything bossy but everybody gets the :idea:

When Numbah Two Son was 3, we had this whole call-and-response comedy routine worked out ...
Q. What happens if you break a rule at (pre)school?
A. You get a timeout.

Q. What happens if you break a rule at home?
A. You have to go sit in your room.

Q. What happens if you break a rule in football?
A. They blow the whistle and throw a yellow flag!
I tell ya, when he was 3 that was really cute. :kiss:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
bob

Post by bob »

You know you've done something wrong when Klayman is rooting for you.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

More Jayapal at link.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Amy Siskind Rainbow flag @Amy_Siskind wrote: This ad on @Sen_JoeManchin was on the back page of the first section of the Gazette-Mail this morning.
(h/t Bob Baker)
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Manu Raju
@mkraju
Just caught up with Manchin, who set a very high bar for passing 'chunks' of Build Back Better plan.

In short, he wants to see inflation, covid and the national debt dealt with first.

Also said they'll be 'starting from scratch' and his December offer isn't on table
11:41 AM · Jan 20, 2022·Twitter Web App

Manu Raju
@mkraju

"The main thing we need to do is take care of the inflation," Manchin said. "Get your financial house in order. Get a tax code that works and take care of the pharmaceuticals that are gouging the people with high prices. We can fix that. we can do a lot of good things."
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Oh, is that all he wants? :brickwallsmall:
How about a pony Joe, you want a pony too?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

This Joe Manchin wants to stop pharmaceutical companies from gouging people?

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/07/politics ... index.html
CNN —

West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin defended his daughter in an interview Tuesday after the pharmaceutical company she leads raised the price of EpiPens – a move that thrust the father-daughter pair into the center of the political debate over healthcare costs and drug prices.

Speaking to Bloomberg News, Manchin praised his daughter, Mylan CEO Heather Bresch, as “compassionate” and “generous.” The former West Virginia governor said that ever since Bresch has been at Mylan and he’s been in politics, “we made a point” to keep those parts of their lives separate.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Joe Manchin hasn't shown that he can bring a single Republican to the table by being 'thoughtful' and 'deliberate', let alone 10 of them. This is what kills me; the dude keeps insisting that it's the rest of the Democratic Party's fault that not a single Republican wants to agree to anything.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well i haven't looked at this thread since my last post. It certainly was an experience. And and I will just say that the comments on me were inaccurate. :kiss:

Anyway, Manchin is just throwing random excuses. If somehow bill were brought up to deal with his issues he would find another reason to Vote no. His real reasons are something else entirely. There was no way this was going to pass on his watch, no matter who was persuading this and what was being offered.

I have seen it said that the whole process of sausage making and legislative business is slow and ugly and messy and the problem is that it is too exposed to the demands of a daily news cycle with a Media desperate to have something to shout about. I actually agree with that. But I also think that I never saw a single sign he was going to change his mind, and his position has been largely unchanged for months.

Still at least they got two out of three pieces of major legislation passed. Sometimes you just have to take your victories, dust yourself off, and make sure this guy is irrelevant next congress.

Edit

https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/statu ... 7976605696
Angry Staffer
@Angry_Staffer
·
4h
And:

- the American Rescue Plan
- bipartisan infrastructure deal
- record low unemployment
- Jan 6 Committee
- 41 federal judges - most ever in a year
- student loan forgiveness reform w/ more coming
- nearing 70% vax rate

Not bad for a guy with a 50/50 Senate.
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:05 pm Manu Raju
@mkraju
Just caught up with Manchin, who set a very high bar for passing 'chunks' of Build Back Better plan.

In short, he wants to see inflation, covid and the national debt dealt with first.

Also said they'll be 'starting from scratch' and his December offer isn't on table
11:41 AM · Jan 20, 2022·Twitter Web App

Manu Raju
@mkraju

"The main thing we need to do is take care of the inflation," Manchin said. "Get your financial house in order. Get a tax code that works and take care of the pharmaceuticals that are gouging the people with high prices. We can fix that. we can do a lot of good things."
What will he demand then? The return of coal? Destruction of all electric/hybrid vehicles? I'm sure he'll think of something else to fuck it up.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
tek

Post by tek »

when you look in your dictionary..
joe_m.jpg
joe_m.jpg (132.85 KiB) Viewed 1300 times
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

tek wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:11 pm when you look in your dictionary..

joe_m.jpg
That right there's a campaign ad against him. Simple.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I have no clue if he will run again. Even if they primary him, in West Virginia I'm not sure another Democrat could win because it's become so red. The only real way to make Manchin irrelevant is to elect more Democrats to the Senate.
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:24 pm I have no clue if he will run again. Even if they primary him, in West Virginia I'm not sure another Democrat could win because it's become so red. The only real way to make Manchin irrelevant is to elect more Democrats to the Senate.
Right now I would settle for the combination of getting a few other non-Rs in the Senate and cutting Manchin loose to grift corporatebux.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:02 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:24 pm I have no clue if he will run again. Even if they primary him, in West Virginia I'm not sure another Democrat could win because it's become so red. The only real way to make Manchin irrelevant is to elect more Democrats to the Senate.
Right now I would settle for the combination of getting a few other non-Rs in the Senate and cutting Manchin loose to grift corporatebux.
:yeahthat:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “Current Politics”