Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Just another day in Houston, Harris County TX

filly

Just another day in Houston, Harris County TX

Post by filly »

filly

Re: Just another day in Houston, Harris County TX

Post by filly »

Woman shoots ex-boyfriend after he breaks into her apartment, police say
Wednesday, December 15, 2021 12:32PM

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Police say a man was shot by his ex-girlfriend three times overnight in southeast Houston, but he is the one who will likely face charges.

Just before 10 p.m. Tuesday, Houston police said the man used a concrete paver to break a glass patio door of his ex's apartment in the 11600 block of Gulf Pointe Drive.

Police said his ex-girlfriend was inside with her new boyfriend.

"He decided today, I guess out of jealousy, he took a concrete paver, he bashed in the back door patio window," Lt. R. Willkens said. It was a door with a lot of glass on it. He busted it and went into the apartment."

Investigators said once inside, he chased after his ex-girlfriend, and that's when she grabbed a pistol and opened fire.

He was shot twice in the legs and once in the stomach, according to police.

The man ran back through the door he broke and was later found collapsed nearby, police said. He was taken to the hospital and is expected to survive.

Investigators say he will likely face charges for the break-in. Meanwhile, the ex-girlfriend is not likely to be charged, police said.
https://abc13.com/woman-shoots-ex-boyfr ... /11343097/
filly

Post by filly »

66-year-old man shot while driving on Eastex Freeway
Wednesday, December 15, 2021 9:44AM

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A 66-year-old man was shot while driving on the Eastex Freeway overnight.

Houston police responded to the shooting at 1 a.m. Wednesday and found the man, identified by authorities as Robert Dafft, had been shot in the leg.

Authorities say Dafft was driving southbound on the freeway at E. Crosstimbers, when a stranger pulled up next to him and started firing into the driver's side of his car.

Several rounds went through Dafft's door, hitting him in the leg.

Dafft told police he did not know the other driver or why someone shot at him.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police.

Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident when it comes to people being shot while driving on Houston roads and freeways.

In September, a man died after he was shot on the Westpark Tollway. A month before that, children had to steer the SUV they were in on the East Freeway after their dad was shot to death.
https://abc13.com/eastex-freeway-shooti ... /11342831/
realist

Post by realist »

Crazy.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:crazy:
"Polite society" :/
filly

Post by filly »

It’s a scary place. There will be more crazy stories by the morning or even later tonight. I read this shit every day but unless you see for yourself I don’t have the words to sufficiently describe it.
filly

Post by filly »

Driver shot in back during road rage incident in north Houston, police say

HOUSTON – Police are investigating a road rage shooting after they said a man was shot in his back while driving in north Houston Wednesday night.

It happened around 10:20 p.m. near Veterans Memorial and North Freeway when someone started firing at the back of the man’s vehicle.

According to investigators, the man continued driving, making his way to his home nearly 15 miles from the shooting, where he called 911.

“There are what appears to be four gunshots to the back of the complainant’s vehicle and one of them ended up striking him in the back,” Lt. Ignacio Izaguirre with the Houston Police Department said. “At this point, it’s still early in the investigation, so we don’t have much information on the suspect, other than it’s a possibility it involved road rage.”

The victim was taken to Ben Taub Hospital and is expected to survive. This case is just one in a recent string of possible road rage incidents.
https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... olice-say/
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

filly wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:59 am

Driver shot in back during road rage incident in north Houston, police say

HOUSTON – Police are investigating a road rage shooting after they said a man was shot in his back while driving in north Houston Wednesday night.

It happened around 10:20 p.m. near Veterans Memorial and North Freeway when someone started firing at the back of the man’s vehicle.

According to investigators, the man continued driving, making his way to his home nearly 15 miles from the shooting, where he called 911.

“There are what appears to be four gunshots to the back of the complainant’s vehicle and one of them ended up striking him in the back,” Lt. Ignacio Izaguirre with the Houston Police Department said. “At this point, it’s still early in the investigation, so we don’t have much information on the suspect, other than it’s a possibility it involved road rage.”

The victim was taken to Ben Taub Hospital and is expected to survive. This case is just one in a recent string of possible road rage incidents.
https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... olice-say/
If the victim had been armed, he could have defended himself. :sarcasm:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:twisted: remember the last time a drive-by shooter shot a drive-by shooter :?:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Ya know, other cities have a needle exchange program for addicts, and some even offer safe places for addicts to use their drugs with medical attention immediately available in case of overdose. Perhaps Texas should consider options for people with gun abuse issues like free counseling at sanctioned firing ranges, or nude beaches that require open carry and instant justice for the slightest infraction.
filly

Post by filly »

'He had no weapons': Dad killed in Humble as he carried daughter's birthday cake to Chuck E. Cheese

HUMBLE, Texas (KTRK) -- A 24-year-old man was heading into a Chuck E. Cheese in Humble to celebrate his daughter's sixth birthday when he was shot in the parking lot and later died.

The victim's wife identified him as Calogero Duenes.

Amber Uresti said she and her 6- and 3-year-old daughters had gone inside the restaurant before her husband, who was tasked with getting the cake.

"I saw him," Uresti said. "I saw him walking towards us. I told the lady my husband was on his way. I pointed at him, and the instant I turned around, he came running in through the door and he kept saying, 'I got shot! I got shot!'"

Humble police obtained surveillance video they said showed Duenes' encounter with the shooter. Police said the suspect drove the wrong way down a row of parking spaces and almost hit the victim. The video then shows the two exchange words. Moments later, a witness told police they heard three gunshots.

"He picked up his shirt and ran outside," Uresti said. "I ran out after him. My 6-year-old saw him fall on the ground."
https://abc13.com/man-shot-outside-chuc ... /11421553/
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Bullet that went into apartment on Houston's south side hit George Floyd's niece, family tells ABC13

https://abc13.com/4-year-old-shot-on-ne ... /11424462/
Shortly after Houston police announced details of a shooting on New Year's Day that wounded a 4-year-old girl, Eyewitness News learned on Tuesday that the victim is related to George Floyd, the one-time Houstonian whose recorded death by Minneapolis police officers thrusted race relations into an intense national conversation.

Family members say the victim, who underwent surgery after the shooting early Saturday morning on Houston's south side, is Floyd's niece, Arianna.

Arianna's father adds the girl was asleep in her bed when the shooting took place.

Police have not yet positively identified the child victim.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

Husband and wife found dead at Tomball home in what deputies believe to be a murder-suicide
https://abc13.com/tomball-man-and-woman ... /11438438/
Customer killed, 2 wounded in shooting at after-hours club in southwest Houston
https://abc13.com/houston-shooting-toda ... /11441141/

2 killed in wrong-way crash involving private ambulance on Westpark Tollway near Fondren
https://abc13.com/wrong-way-crashes-hou ... /11440953/
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

There's a reason Texas keeps getting one star reviews.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

bill_g wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:06 pm There's a reason Texas keeps getting one star reviews.
It is the Lone Star state after all....

I'll see myself out....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:30 pm
bill_g wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:06 pm There's a reason Texas keeps getting one star reviews.
It is the Lone Star state after all....

I'll see myself out....
Take a bow. I love it when I don't have to explain a joke!
filly

Post by filly »

It seems like there's at least one murder-suicide every week.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

filly

Post by filly »

15-year-old girl shot and killed as she walked dog in SW Houston
https://abc13.com/houston-news-today-te ... 2/11458042
2 people and 2 dogs killed in 5 fires across Houston area during 4-hour stretch overnight
https://abc13.com/houston-deadly-fire-m ... /11458320/
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

‘I Know Data’: Texas School Board Member Goes on Racist Rant About Black Teachers

Brooke Leigh Howard
Thu, January 13, 2022, 8:22 PM

Parents and community members have called for a Houston school board trustee to resign after he savagely critiqued Black teachers during a racist rant at a school board meeting. Scott Henry of the Cypress Independent School District (CFISD) blamed students’ poor grades and low graduation rates on Black teachers and said diversity efforts were frivolous in comments that left lawmakers, activists, and parents aghast.

In a school board meeting on Jan. 10, Onika Mayers, the director of Millennium Learning Concepts (MLC), went through a presentation about diversity and equitable practices and learning opportunities within the district’s middle and high schools. MLC is an organization that provides equity assessments. In the data provided, Mayers noted academic achievement disparities among different racial and ethnic groups.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/know-data-te ... 14125.html
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Houston Chronicle
@HoustonChron
·
6m
The Cy-Fair superintendent closed Thursday's raucous school board meeting by denouncing trustee Scott Henry's racially divisive remarks, empathizing with those hurt by the trustee's statements with a heartfelt, personal testimony of his own evolution
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Brittany Ford
@BFordKHOU
@HCSOTexas
investigating a shooting that happened at the Cracker Barrel off the North Freeway.

Authorities say a man shot a woman who worked at the restaurant after attempting to rob her. She’s currently in critical condition.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Mark Herman, Harris County Constable Precinct 4
@Pct4Constable
FEMALE SHOT AT CRACKER BARREL HAS SUCCUMBED TO HER INJURIES

The female victim who was shot earlier today at the Cracker Barrel located at 45 and Airtex Drive has succumbed to her injuries.

Prayers to her and her family.

May God grant her eternal peace.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Cy-Fair ISD trustee loses IT company job after comment about Black teachers

https://abc13.com/cy-fair-isd-scott-hen ... ce=twitter
CYPRESS, Texas (KTRK) -- The Cypress Fairbanks ISD trustee at the center of a viral video in which he linked Black teachers to poor school performance is out of a job, according to Splunk.

Splunk, which is an IT company, shared the news of Scott Henry no longer being an employee in response to a tag on Twitter.
Recent Stories from ABC 13
CDC encourages more Americans to wear N95 masks to slow spread of COVID-19

"Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to Splunk's values and mission. We are deeply committed to DEI and take these concerns seriously. Due to the privacy of any individuals involved, we do not discuss specific employee matters," Splunk wrote. "We viewed the employee's conduct as inconsistent with who we are as Splunkers and the individual is no longer employed by our company.
That now former trustee compared Cypress with Houston. That is unfair. The Cypress urban cluster ranks 50th in the top 100 highest-income urban areas in the United States. Schools in high income areas tend to do better because they have higher budgets and parents who can afford all kinds of enrichment for their kids.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

10 shot, 6 killed in shootings across Houston area that also injured children

https://abc13.com/houston-shootings-tod ... ce=twitter
A violent, deadly night in the Houston area left 10 people shot, including two children, with one of those being just 1 years old. Six of the people shot were killed.

One of the shootings also involved a suspect wanted in the killing of a Cracker Barrel manager.

Since 6 p.m. Monday, ABC13 has tracked eight shooting scenes.

Return to “General Stuff”