Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) - Joshua David Hawley, aka Fistpump McRunpants

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) - Joshua David Hawley, aka Fistpump McRunpants

Post by raison de arizona »

Not insurrectionists. No regrets, not sorry. "An utter lie."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Re: Josh David Hawley, alt-reich mistake

Post by sugar magnolia »

I guess they peacefully killed Sicknick, too.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

And that one officer had his eye gouged out non-violently.
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

This is the way I think of him.

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

I think of him almost the same way.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I like your version! :evil:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Mr. Sieg Fail right there....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

To pile onto the stupidity from Missouri, the idiots want to create a "militia":

https://www.senate.mo.gov/21info/BTS_We ... D=58900607

This act does not include members of the organized or unorganized militia pursuant to current law. Additionally, the state shall have immunity from liability for compensatory damages for negligent acts or omissions of any volunteer of the minutemen and from any criminal act committed by any volunteer of the minutemen while enrolled in the minutemen or while acting in the course of his or her duties.
raison de arizona

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

He makes my skin crawl.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Gotta wonder if he had a say in the stage design:

Background: https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 25b794d028
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:16 pm This is the way I think of him.

Me?

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

He's so creepy and wrong. With two degrees [Stanford University (BA) Yale University (JD)], he keeps riling up the stupid. Karma will come.
Josh Hawley's CPAC speech burned to the ground by hometown paper in brutal editorial
Matthew Chapman and Raw Story February 28, 2021

On Saturday, The Kansas City Star editorial board scorched Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) for his far-right speech at the 2021 Conservative Political Action Conference in Orlando, Florida — and in particular, his insinuation that historians, academics, and politicians who want to highlight the role of slavery and white supremacy in American history hate our country and culture.
https://www.alternet.org/2021/02/josh-h ... 650828883/

Editorial in the Kansas City Star:
No, Josh Hawley: We don’t hate America if we want to learn from history’s mistakes
BY THE KANSAS CITY STAR EDITORIAL BOARD
FEBRUARY 27, 2021 05:00 AM

It’s not true, as Missouri Sen. Josh Hawley suggested in his fiery, “America First” Friday speech at the far-right Conservative Political Action Conference, that those who don’t agree with him don’t think we should have national borders. Or that we never stop proclaiming “how terrible our country is … founded in lies and evil.”

It is true, however, that it’s not a particular point of pride for us that America freed the slaves. Eventually.

And that, apparently, is a dividing line for our Trump-First Republican junior senator, who hopes to run for president himself in 2024.

Part of pushing back against liberals, he told the crowd, “is reclaiming our history and saying it is good and we are proud to be Americans. We’re proud to have come to live in a country that started with nothing and became the greatest country on the face of the Earth. We’re proud to live in a country that liberated slaves.”

Seriously? This is the very first thing for which we need to stand up and take a bow?

Because it seems to some of us that no one should ever have tried to own other human beings to begin with.

We didn’t so much start with nothing as we stole what was here before we got here from Native Americans.

And when we did end slavery, after a war in which the Confederacy — whose heroes Hawley defends — fought to preserve it, we were awfully late coming around. And then did everything possible, through Jim Crow laws, to keep things as inequitable as they had been.

This doesn’t mean we hate America; it means we recognize reality, and see the need to learn from it.

To really love America is to want to make her promise come true, rather than to pretend that ending a travesty at long last, and then recreating its injustices, somehow makes us morally superior.

Hawley told the crowd that “What we need is a new nationalism.” Done, unfortunately.

“We’ve got to put American workers first,” he said, “not illegal immigrants. Can I just say by the way on that subject, on the subject of immigration, we get told all the time, if you believe in a border, if you think that borders actually matter, if you think that citizenship actually matters, well my goodness I mean you’re a bigot. You’re backwards. Can I just say, can I just try to enlighten our liberal friends for a second? We believe in borders because we believe in citizenship. We believe in citizenship because we believe in America.”

It is possible to believe in borders, citizenship, America, and also to believe that immigrant families should never have been torn apart.

DANGEROUS RHETORIC FOSTERS DIVISION
As always, Hawley presented himself as a country boy, though that’s not how the banker’s son is remembered in the hometown he left after 8th grade.

“You know, where I come from in Missouri, I grew up in rural Missouri, a small town right in the middle of Missouri, a working class town of good folks workin’ hard to make it every day and I can just tell you, where I grew up, we believe in citizenship because we’re proud of it.”

Good, then vote for President Joe Biden’s comprehensive immigration bill.

Hawley ended his demagoguery this way: “I just want to close with a line I’ve thought a lot about, a quote from Daniel Webster, who in some trying years of his own that he knew, a time before the beginning of the Civil War, he used to end his speeches in the United States Senate by saying Union now, Union forever. What he meant was for those who said America’s time had passed, the country was hopelessly divided, that it was irredeemable — sound familiar?”

No, it doesn’t sound familiar, because zero people are saying any of that.

“He said no, Union now, forever. I just want to say, my friends, America now, America first, America forever.”

As Republican Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney said recently, “America First” does sound familiar, and not in a good way.

She called Donald Trump’s “America First” foreign policy ideas “just as dangerous today as they were in 1940 when isolationists launched the America First movement to appease Hitler and prevent America from aiding Britain in the fight against the Nazis.” She’s right, of course.

“Segregation now, segregation forever,” Alabama Gov. George Wallace said in 1963. That, too, was winked at in Hawley’s ugly address.

Hawley, Stanford history major, is not ignorant of any of the above, shocked as he pretends to be that anyone else would acknowledge it.

America is not hopelessly divided, but that’s no thanks to Hawley.
https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/edit ... 60293.html
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Awesome editorial.
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

"We’re proud to have come to live in a country that started with nothing and became the greatest country on the face of the Earth.” - Josh Hawley

A country with nothing? You mean a country that had Indian tribes for thousands of years? If he wants to live in a place with nothing and make it the greatest place, I suggest the Moon or Mars because as far as I know there aren't any native inhabitants.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
raison de arizona

Atticus Finch wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:52 pm "We’re proud to have come to live in a country that started with nothing and became the greatest country on the face of the Earth.” - Josh Hawley

A country with nothing? You mean a country that had Indian tribes for thousands of years? If he wants to live in a place with nothing and make it the greatest place, I suggest the Moon or Mars because as far as I know there aren't any native inhabitants.
Move to Antarctica, there is no indigenous population there either. I suppose there are some scientific outposts at this point, but it remains relatively deserted. And besides, I'd LOVE to send Hawley to Antarctica, it would make my entire month!
raison de arizona

You know, this almost sounds bad, but of course you know he is full of crap somehow.

And... the rest of the story.

So Hawley strongly implies the White House is compiling lists of objectionable posts from conservatives for Facebook to pull. Which they are, but... It's a Covid thing. They are flagging Covid misinformation as part of the whole Covid health push. Which seems totally reasonable.

Anyway, screw that guy.
bob

Post by bob »

covfefe wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:21 pmSo Hawley strongly implies the White House is compiling lists of objectionable posts from conservatives for Facebook to pull. Which they are, but... It's a Covid thing. They are flagging Covid misinformation as part of the whole Covid health push. Which seems totally reasonable.
Similar efforts were made during the election, i.e., government entities would highlight to the various social media sites the misinformation being spread on their sites.

But, notably, government officials were noting the misinformation; it was the sites that actually removed the misinformation.

Whether the government officials were just providing helpful suggestions or heavy-handed (nudge nudge) "suggestions" (or else) is a valid point of concern. But no one has provided any evidence that the sites felt compelled to follow the governments' recommendations, and were not exercising their own independent judgment.

(The presumption that the sites were blindly following the governments' orders is the basis for many of the Twitter-is-the-government lawsuits that have been filed.)
Image ImageImage
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

covfefe wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:21 pm You know, this almost sounds bad, but of course you know he is full of crap somehow.
https:// twitter.com/abigailmarone/status/1415805044914638860
Abigail Marone@abigailmarone
.@HawleyMO on the White House working with Facebook to censor Americans —>

“This kind of coordination between big government and the big monopoly corporations, boy that is scary stuff, and it really is censorship.”

12:46 AM · Jul 16, 2021
I admit - it was really terrible how the former :blackeye: maladministration worked together with Facebook ...
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I like the former :blackeye: . :lol:
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:47 pm I admit - it was really terrible how the former :blackeye: maladministration worked together with Facebook ...
Word on the street is that tfg would invite FB over for dinner in an attempt to twist his ear and bend him to the admin's will.

But that is just what tfg says, so it is suspect.

:blackeye:
raison de arizona

covfefe wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:21 pm And... the rest of the story.
https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/ ... 81159?s=20
P.S. Eff you Peter Doocy.

Moaar sparks:
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

► Show Spoiler
Manu Raju
@mkraju
GOP Sen. Josh Hawley says he will place a hold on "every single civilian nominee" for the State and Defense departments unless Blinken and Austin resign.

He said that his holds will apply to any civilian nominee at the deputy and secretary levels, as well as ambassadors.

The move would force Schumer to take time-consuming procedural steps required to advance many non-controversial nominees. And with scant floor time, it could be enough to indefinitely delay any number of nominees who normally would be quickly confirmed by voice vote.

Hawley pushed back at the notion the move would jeopardize national security efforts.

"I'm concerned that 13 marines were killed," he told me. "I'm concerned that hundreds of American civilians were left behind enemy lines and are still there.” He said Biden should also resign

Bob Menendez scoffed at the move. “That would undermine U.S. national security and its interests," said Menendez, a New Jersey Democrat. "That would be a brilliant idea on behalf of Sen. Hawley."
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) - Joshua David Hawley, alt-reich mistake

Post by Slim Cognito »

I wonder if he ran that by McConnell, not that McConnell has a problem making the Biden admin look bad. Just not sure if Hawley's plan could backfire.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”