Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Richard Lynn Scott (né Myers) aka Voldemort

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Yeah, tfg’s nickname for McConnell just happens to be “death wish.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Kendra wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:58 am
Asked on CNN about Trump seemingly making a death threat against Mitch McConnell, Rick Scott refuses to condemn it, saying "the president [sic] likes to give people nicknames. I'm sure he has a nickname for me."
Its only a matter of time, and not very much time at that, until someone actually kills a politician the TFG or MTG has called out for death.

When (not if) that happens, and the perpetrator defends his/her actions by claiming he was just following orders from the REAL president, will any of them realize that words, especially death threats, have consequences? I think not.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

noblepa wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:27 am :snippity:
When (not if) that happens, and the perpetrator defends his/her actions by claiming he was just following orders from the REAL president, will any of them realize that words, especially death threats, have consequences? I think not.
Or care, for them it'll be the feature not a bug...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Who knew Voldemort could dance like that! 🕺
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mcconnell-pu ... 32427.html
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has pulled Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.), who tried to oust him as the Senate’s top Republican in a bruising leadership race, off the powerful Commerce Committee.

McConnell also removed Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), who supported Scott’s bid to replace McConnell as leader, from the Commerce panel, which has broad jurisdiction over a swath of federal agencies.

The GOP leader insisted last year that he didn’t take the attempt to end his leadership reign personally, but the latest move sends a clear message to conservatives that challenging McConnell’s leadership carries a cost.

“McConnell got to pick. He kicked me off; he kicked Lee off,” Scott confirmed in an interview.

Scott acknowledged that running against McConnell was the likely reason he was booted from the panel despite his relative seniority on the committee and experience running a major company.

“I probably ran the biggest company almost any senator in the history of the country has ever run. I was governor of the third-biggest economy in the United States, Florida. I’ve got a business background,” Scott said, ticking off his credentials.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:37 am https://www.yahoo.com/news/mcconnell-pu ... 32427.html
“I probably ran the biggest company almost any senator in the history of the country has ever run. I was governor of the third-biggest economy in the United States, Florida. I’ve got a business background,” Scott said, ticking off his credentials.
Yeah, and you were at the helm of a company which committed the largest Medicare fraud in history.

Not. Hiring. You. :nope:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

We have now reached the point in the saga where soft Republicans have to show the base that they are tough guys with tough talk.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:cantlook:
By international law, a state "has complete and exclusive sovereignty over the airspace above its territory", which corresponds with the maritime definition of territorial waters as being 12 nautical miles (22.2 km) out from a nation's coastline.

in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airspace
Apart that detecting a balloon out 100 miles off the coast is like looking for a needle in a haystack. The Coast Guard has difficulty finding life crafts at sea, how will the Airforce or the Spacefarce do better in the 3rd dimension?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The answer is obvious. Constant air patrols to defend against balloons! Pull the entire Navy to create a wall of ships! That will show Commie China we are not afraid of Balloons!
Hic sunt dracones
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:23 pm :cantlook:
By international law, a state "has complete and exclusive sovereignty over the airspace above its territory", which corresponds with the maritime definition of territorial waters as being 12 nautical miles (22.2 km) out from a nation's coastline.

in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airspace
Apart that detecting a balloon out 100 miles off the coast is like looking for a needle in a haystack. The Coast Guard has difficulty finding life crafts at sea, how will the Airforce or the Spacefarce do better in the 3rd dimension?
RAdio Detection And Ranging
Has everybody heard about the bird?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Well --- those RAdio Detection And Ranging thingys need to be pointed at the object to get somethingy to bounce back, the US would have to plaster their coastline to detect a random blimp floating in the skies. Remember the cold war Dewy line up in Alaska, but they were searching for long fast travelling (not driving) metal objects and associated radio communications. Also too, a balloon skin is not terribly good at bouncing back the rays in direction of the emmitter.

PS. I assume the US has a modern implementation of the Dewy line to protect against a plethora of bad state actors.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I am told that the balloon had an instrument package the size of a couple city buses dangling from it. And solar panels.

Shouldn't be to difficult to find on a radar screen.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
tek

Post by tek »

At that altitude, it would have to be radars aimed up there (like the old bomber/ICBM detection stuff that never really worked.. back in the duck-and-cover days..)
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rick Scott on Fox News proposes saving Social Security and Medicare by giving Congress the power each year to cut it
raison de arizona

Great plan Voldemort! :thumbsup:

Give the Rs one more thing to hold hostage!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Hi, Rick. Remember us? We’re the other 332,403,640 or so folks who live here and don’t want whiplash governance, especially the kind conceived of by a greedy, felonious monk-looking dude (such as yourself) with a demonstrated disdain for us commoners.

Are you even human?
raison de arizona

Besides that he has a great record with health insurance, I'm sure he'll do a bang up job on Medicare!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The plan that supposedly didn’t exist has been “updated.”
raison de arizona

Spotted Voldemort on the road in AZ yesterday…
EACA742B-9CAE-446D-9E85-093BEF10EAE5.jpeg
EACA742B-9CAE-446D-9E85-093BEF10EAE5.jpeg (91.13 KiB) Viewed 702 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kendra wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:32 pm
The plan that supposedly didn’t exist has been “updated.”
If Newsmax viewers were (relatively) smarter, they'd be scratching their heads about now.

Then again, if they were smarter, they wouldn't be watching Newsmax.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rick Scott pushes his debunked lies about Democrats cutting Medicare on Fox Business, but instead of fact checking him, Maria Bartiromo echoes his lies. Totally irresponsible and insulting to viewers.
raison de arizona

BREAKING: At CPAC, medicare scammer Rick Scott, just went full on white nationalist & fascist all at once. He claimed that "wokeness" which is essentially anti-racism and anti-discrimination, is tearing our country apart and must be defeated. He then claimed that we need one culture in America that respects his one and only god, before he accused Democrats of being segregationists. Finally before closing out, he said Biden's administration is run by neo-marxists.

It's like Republicans live in an alternative universe where racism is good and white nationalism is the goal.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”