Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

COMPLAINT: The phone spammers just hang up on me. Am I on a list?

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

COMPLAINT: The phone spammers just hang up on me. Am I on a list?

Post by Foggy »

So for many years, I loved playing games with the phone spammers, especially when I was driving and had time to talk. I would use fake accents. I would tell them I have 13 children (Narrator: He has two adopted boys men.) I would tell them I was a cop. I had all kinds of fun!

But lately, like the past six months or so, I haven't been able to keep them on the phone. Which is my patriotic dooty, every minute I keep one of those crooks on the phone with me is another minute that fuckin' thief isn't stealing money from some honest but vulnerable American.

:flag:

I still press 1 to get a live person on the line. That always works. But within 10 seconds they see my number/name on a list or something, and they immediately hang up on me so they can try to find a real victim. Something is definitely alerting the spammers that if they talk to me, they become the victims, which is my personal preference.

It doesn't matter what I say. It doesn't matter if I put on a geezer accent, or fake Spanish accent, or whatever. Perhaps they are discriminate because I am certified reverend minister religious person (troo story). Maybe they don't like the color of my bow tie. Whatever.

I am disappoint. :mad:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
New Turtle

Re: COMPLAINT: The phone spammers just hang up on me. Am I on a list?

Post by New Turtle »

Maybe you could sign up for more stuff and get on some new lists.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Y'know, I tried that. The car warranty people. What car do you drive, sir?

I have a 1923 Model A Ford (did they even make those in 1923? :shrug:).

He asked if I had another car.

How could I drive two cars? It's metaphysically absurd, man! :oldman:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Foggy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:09 pm Y'know, I tried that. The car warranty people. What car do you drive, sir?

I have a 1923 Model A Ford (did they even make those in 1923? :shrug:).

He asked if I had another car.

How could I drive two cars? It's metaphysically absurd, man! :oldman:

Model A Ford Production: October 1927-March 1931
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Oh good, 'cuz I wouldn't want to name a real car. :lol:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Didn't Dick Van Dyke have an episode where he bought a new Tarantula sports car (and Mary Tyler Moore was not pleased). Yeah, that's the ticket. I have a 1963 Ferrari Tarantula. Look it up in your little book, chump. :lol:
The Montananist

Post by The Montananist »

I used to do the same thing with IRS scammers. One guy said I would be arrested so I gave him the address of the Sheriff's office. He could find me there. Another one called me a mfer. Another one I had him on the phone about 45 minutes, said I was following his directions to go to Wal Mart to get gift cards. I had a lot of free time then.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

What you have been getting lately is probably people who make their money by confirming numbers and selling them to others, rather than direct scammers... probably using the same software but there is no one to connect you to so it records the metric and hangs up.
Jim

Post by Jim »

The Montananist wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:08 am I used to do the same thing with IRS scammers. One guy said I would be arrested so I gave him the address of the Sheriff's office. He could find me there. Another one called me a mfer. Another one I had him on the phone about 45 minutes, said I was following his directions to go to Wal Mart to get gift cards. I had a lot of free time then.
I enjoyed toying with the scammers claiming they were from Microsoft and my computer was infected with a virus...
Which computer, I have 3?
Then toy with them until they get tired and hang up.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I don't answer unknown numbers on my cell/personal phone, but spammers calling into the office line are fair game. Love the response from the card processors wanting to talk to the person in charge and telling them we don't have credit card machines. Then there's the toner scanners saying they're from the copier company and would I please give them the model number on the machine - they go bye-bye when I tell them the copier company already knows the model number :)

The robo calls can be fun, depending on the questions they ask, I confuse the hell out of them and they eventually hang up.

"Are you the business owner?"

"No"

Silence, then "Can I speak to the business owner?"

"No"

Silence. Click.

Return to “The Funny”