Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 Pennsylvania Senate race

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: 2022 Pennsylvania Senate race

Post by Slim Cognito »

I did not see that one coming.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:00 pm I did not see that one coming.
I mean, when you've lost Chris Christie, then, Katy, bar the door.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/9 ... as-planned
Mehmet Oz desperately releases doctor's note that instantly blows up in his face

John Fetterman released a statement decimating this Post-Gazette-orchestrated political stunt.

Today Dr. Oz confirmed that he does not actually live in Pennsylvania, because no one who does would have a primary care doctor on 5th Avenue in Manhattan.

We didn’t need to know Dr. Oz’s bone density. We need to know whether he would vote to ban all abortions after 15 weeks. We need to know whether he would vote to raise the minimum wage. We need to know whether he even plans to stay in Pennsylvania after the election.

In June, I released a letter from my doctor where he clearly stated that I am fit to serve. Dr. Oz built his entire career by lying to people about health. I trust my actual doctors over the opinion of a charlatan who played on on TV.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I trust my actual doctors over the opinion of a charlatan who played on on TV.
Ouch, that's gotta leave a mark.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Its Daily Kos. I doubt it.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

John Fetterman @JohnFetterman wrote: DC could use a kick in the balls

(logo cred @ParkerMolloy 😎)
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: Dr. Oz took aim at John Fetterman’s clothing and said he was “stunned by” the “costume” and believes it contains a “deeper message.”

Oz: “When he dresses like that, he’s kicking authority in the balls.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
June bug

Post by June bug »

What a clever response! :thumbsup:

And Oz talking about tearing things down to build them back up the way they want it is following the standard Repub playbook - projection!!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:57 pm ...

Oz: “When he dresses like that, he’s kicking authority in the balls.”
[/quote]
[/quote]

One of the things I like about him, and I suspect I'm not the only one.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

What does the dresses like refer to?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

He usually wears jeans and hoodies.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Rarely in a suit and tie, although he does wear them when appropriate.

He's one of those guys around here who will wear shorts all year round. He showed up, on short notice, at the bridge collapse on a chilly morning in February.

I think after he's elected, he will wear a suit and tie in the Senate. I will be disappointed if he didn't. Gym Jordan's never wearing a suit coat or jacket is just a sign of contempt for the body he works in and the people he's supposed to represent.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Probably he doesn't wear suits much because he has to go to the tall guy shop or get them tailored.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-cha ... 022-09-28/
WASHINGTON, Sept 28 (Reuters) - The U.S. Chamber of Commerce on Wednesday endorsed Republican celebrity physician Mehmet Oz in a high-stakes race for a U.S. Senate seat in Pennsylvania, lauding what it called his "commitment to free enterprise and pro-growth policies."

Oz, backed by former President Donald Trump, is running against John Fetterman, the state's Democratic lieutenant governor, in a closely watched race that will help determine whether President Joe Biden's Democrats hold onto their razor-thin margin in the U.S. Senate.

Both Biden and Trump have traveled to the state in recent weeks to promote their parties' candidates.

The Chamber, the largest lobbying group in the United States, said it was endorsing Oz as a "pro-business" candidate whose views stood in "stark contrast" to those of Fetterman.

"Fetterman would raise taxes, has flip-flopped on his energy position, and would ruthlessly work to drop the filibuster," the Chamber's senior political strategist, Ashlee Rich Stephenson, said in a statement.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kellyanne Conway Smoked For 'Gaslighting' Everyone With Brazen Marijuana Lie
The former Trump adviser attacked John Fetterman for flying a marijuana flag.

Josephine Harvey
Sep 27, 2022, 04:45 AM EDT Updated Sep 27, 2022

Former White House adviser Kellyanne Conway is pushing alternative facts again.

During an appearance on Fox News on Monday, the notoriously dishonest Donald Trump ally attacked Pennsylvania Democratic Senate nominee John Fetterman for his outspoken support of cannabis legalization.

As lieutenant governor of the state, Fetterman last year flew pro-marijuana and rainbow flags from the balcony of his office, rankling Republicans.

“Not only has he not ... worked a day in his life, Sean, he hasn’t worked a day as lieutenant governor,” Conway told Fox News’ Sean Hannity, who introduced the segment by mocking Fetterman’s difficulties with speech since a stroke in May.

“He put the marijuana flag up. He thought that was funny. He’s trolling his opponent,” Conway added. “Here’s what’s not funny: that there has been a doubling of overdose deaths in Pennsylvania.”

There has not been a doubling of marijuana overdose deaths in Pennsylvania.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kellyann ... 164521d3b8
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:00 pm

Josephine Harvey

During an appearance on Fox News on Monday, the notoriously dishonest Donald Trump ally attacked Pennsylvania Democratic Senate nominee John Fetterman for his outspoken support of cannabis legalization.

As lieutenant governor of the state, Fetterman last year flew pro-marijuana and rainbow flags from the balcony of his office, rankling Republicans.

“Not only has he not ... worked a day in his life, Sean, he hasn’t worked a day as lieutenant governor,” Conway told Fox News’ Sean Hannity, who introduced the segment by mocking Fetterman’s difficulties with speech since a stroke in May.

“He put the marijuana flag up. He thought that was funny. He’s trolling his opponent,” Conway added. “Here’s what’s not funny: that there has been a doubling of overdose deaths in Pennsylvania.”

Well, what about when you include Dorito poisoning?

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Gregg wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:13 pm

Josephine Harvey

Or Rice Krispies treats deaths?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Gingrich: He apparently had a tattoo that was either a reference to a song in favor of heroin use, or was attribute to the Crips which was a Los Angeles based very violent gang
Newt was flinging all other kinds of :shit: before I turned away to some comfort TV. I hope someone like Daniel Dale comes in and fact checks this for us.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Gregg wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:13 pm

Josephine Harvey

Hey now, Dorito poisoning is no laughing matter.*

*Frito Lays has since changed the ingredients, but when I was in college, I discovered that I had a very nasty reaction to eating Doritos. The veins at the end of my fingers would turn black and burn
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona

John Fetterman @JohnFetterman wrote: He can mock my recovery all he wants, but here’s the truth:

In January, I’m going to be a lot better – but Dr. Oz will still be a fraud.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
raison de arizona

Fetterman does it again.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

This message needs to get out there in Pennsylvania, AND the 699th needs to pursue JUSTICE immediately!
Laura Bassett @LEBassett 5h
NEW from @kylietcheung: Dr. Oz's research experiments at Columbia killed 329 dogs and inflicted extensive suffering on them, violating the Animal Welfare Act multiple times, for which Columbia quietly paid a fine.
Cruelty warning.
► Show Spoiler
More: https://jezebel.com/dr-oz-s-scientific- ... 4818805194

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

That is hideously disgusting. My R/Trump sister and my R good friend both love their pets. This has the potential to turn them.

Return to “U.S. Senate”