Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 Pennsylvania Senate race

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Now let's have Oz release his.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

:yeahthat:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Dude has better vitals than I do (before the seizure)
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:45 pm
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
The first day, my legs were tired and cramped, and I slept a lot the rest of the week. Aside from that, I was fully recovered within a few hours. The trick is figuring out what caused the seizure and making sure it doesn't happen again.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Something is odd about this picture, but I can't quite put my finger on it... :lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... n-profile/
Politics is mean and hard, and Gisele — soft Gisele, who cries three times over the course of this interview — had no choice but to get good at it: After her husband suffered a stroke four days before the Pennsylvania primary election last spring, she stepped up and became his surrogate, delivering his acceptance speech and campaigning across the state.

“It’s easy because I know his message, and I love him, and I know how good he is, and I get to tell that to people,” she says.

Later on this day, after a visit to an abortion clinic and a shift at the Free Store 15104, her mutual aid project, she will do an interview with KDKA, a local TV station, about the puppy allegations. Reached for comment by KDKA political editor Jon Delano, the Oz campaign’s senior spokesman Barney Keller responded: “Who is Gisele? Is she running for something?”

:snippity:

“Had he been married to anybody else, I think his recovery and ability to stay in this race would have been drastically diminished,” says Brit Crampsie, a Pennsylvania political consultant who is not working with the Fetterman campaign. “Not many people have a surrogate like Gisele in their pocket, should they fall ill.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:06 pm
Later on this day, after a visit to an abortion clinic and a shift at the Free Store 15104, her mutual aid project, she will do an interview with KDKA, a local TV station, about the puppy allegations. Reached for comment by KDKA political editor Jon Delano, the Oz campaign’s senior spokesman Barney Keller responded:
“Who is Gisele? Is she running for something?”

Yes, please.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Lani

Post by Lani »

Auditory processing isn't rare. And it has nothing to do with intelligence. I worked with students who had it. Many were diagnosed as ADHD because they didn't answer to teachers or to other students, but they didn't hear it when there were other sounds. They couldn't hear some things when there were other noises.

For students, I made sure that they were front and right in line with the teachers in the classroom and that the teachers would reach out to the students instead of yelling at them.

When people know they have have auditory processing issues, they know what to do. One of the good things about covid is that information is now available with speech, captioning and ASL.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Giselle reminds me of Eleanor Roosevelt who politicked for FDR.

My twin tutored students who had auditory processing disorder. :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Is that what us oldsters have, when we can’t carry on a convo in a noisy restaurant? Cuz that’s a bitch.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:36 pm Is that what us oldsters have, when we can’t carry on a convo in a noisy restaurant? Cuz that’s a bitch.

Naw, I think what you are experiencing is age related hearing loss. It's not just that the volume is reduced, but it's the high frequencies. It makes it difficult to discern vowels. Throw in background noise, and you are screwed. (as I am) I am planning soon to bite the bullet and get hearing aides (which include background noise reduction).
W. Kevin Vicklund

Idev elop eda udit oryp roce ssin gdisor deras acon seque nceof amaj orconc ussion atthea geoft hirt een.Fo rme,at leas t,itm anife sted simila rlytot heway Iha vewr itten thisp arag raph.
► Show Spoiler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I was able to read that. Is that good or bad?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Think about the effort involved, plus having to construct it from memory. Not everyone experiences it like I did, but it's exhausting to try to parse and reparse a conversation until the phonemes make real words. Fortunately, over time fewer sounds required reparsing until I'm now at about 95% accuracy. It does make understanding my ESL colleague (from India) difficult still.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:51 pm I was able to read that. Is that good or bad?
Me too, but slowly and I really had to think about it. I think its good for you Slim, but I dont know what it means for someone who cant read it. Nothing maybe.

I think its a really insightful illustration.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

I've had to tell people to repeat themselves because I don't listen as fast as they are talking. I just have bad tinnitus though, so sometimes I'll miss sounds.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:30 pm Think about the effort involved, plus having to construct it from memory. Not everyone experiences it like I did, but it's exhausting to try to parse and reparse a conversation until the phonemes make real words. Fortunately, over time fewer sounds required reparsing until I'm now at about 95% accuracy. It does make understanding my ESL colleague (from India) difficult still.
It's rather how my brain forces me to process colors -- I have a non-optical form of color blindness which involves the way my brain decides what color is what; I am forced to rely on cues of memory ("I have been told X is blue by someone trustworthy in the past and X is in my visual frame at the same time as something else which appears to be the same, therefore I must trust and believe that this thing Y is also blue"). Without those cues and processes, I see only 'heat', 'coolness', 'neutrality', and, yeah, black and white (I never mistake black for cool or white for heat, but I can mistake cool for black or heat for white).
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:47 am
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:30 pm Think about the effort involved, plus having to construct it from memory. Not everyone experiences it like I did, but it's exhausting to try to parse and reparse a conversation until the phonemes make real words. Fortunately, over time fewer sounds required reparsing until I'm now at about 95% accuracy. It does make understanding my ESL colleague (from India) difficult still.
It's rather how my brain forces me to process colors -- I have a non-optical form of color blindness which involves the way my brain decides what color is what; I am forced to rely on cues of memory ("I have been told X is blue by someone trustworthy in the past and X is in my visual frame at the same time as something else which appears to be the same, therefore I must trust and believe that this thing Y is also blue"). Without those cues and processes, I see only 'heat', 'coolness', 'neutrality', and, yeah, black and white (I never mistake black for cool or white for heat, but I can mistake cool for black or heat for white).
Wow. I was today years old when I found out that kind of issue existed.

MY brain started down the line of "maybe those folks who insist they see aura's are experiencing something real then.

(actually: I never thought they were not experiencing something real, just that what they were experiencing wasn't what they said it was. I dunno what to think about it now.

Cue the Twilight Zone theme.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Wait, are you telling me that not everything has a slight glowing outline around it? I've been seeing that for as long as I remember. I just ignore it mostly.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

My niece has the form of synesthesia in which she perceives numbers as having colors. I find it odd that it’s common enough to have its own name. Brains can be strange things!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:27 am Brains can be strange things!
Us guys are lucky if our brains are making the decisions. :?
Out from under. :thumbsup:
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Foggy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:29 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:27 am Brains can be strange things!
Us guys are lucky if our brains are making the decisions. :?
Well, just remember us guys have two brains: The big brain and the little brain. Sometimes the little brain wins when it takes all the blood from the big brain. :blackeye:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:27 am My niece has the form of synesthesia in which she perceives numbers as having colors. I find it odd that it’s common enough to have its own name. Brains can be strange things!
I see numbers as spatial abstracts. I was in college before I knew not everyone did.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Gregg wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:13 am
MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:27 am My niece has the form of synesthesia in which she perceives numbers as having colors. I find it odd that it’s common enough to have its own name. Brains can be strange things!
I see numbers as spatial abstracts. I was in college before I knew not everyone did.
If I understand what you're saying, I do the same thing. Mine aren't exactly abstracts, more of a number chunk. It makes adding and subtracting and multiplying in my head pretty easy.

Return to “U.S. Senate”