Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 Pennsylvania Senate race

AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: U.S. Senate - Pennsylvania

Post by AndyinPA »

It's not that far from Pittsburgh, but it's the Tucky part of Pennsyltucky.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Despite former President Donald Trump endorsing Dr. Mehmet Oz in the Pennsylvania Republican primary race for the U.S. Senate, Trump supporters couldn’t stop booing Oz during Trump’s Friday evening rally. The booing started almost immediately in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, after pro-Trump Rep. Guy Reschenthaler (R-PA) took to the stage to explain why he backed Oz. “Everyone keeps asking me: ‘Why did you endorse Dr. Oz, and why did you do it so early?’” Then the congressman was booed in no uncertain terms by the Trump-loving crowd. And the booing wouldn’t stop. Elsewhere, as Huffington Post reporter Daniel Marans noted, an Oz campaign ad sparked booing from Trump supporters. Back in early April, The Daily Beast reported on the meltdown TrumpWorld had after the ex-president tossed his weight behind his old TV pal.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-sup ... ndorsement

Image Image Image Image
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Careful Donnie, you don’t want that batshit crazy mob to turn on you..
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

He’s an urban outsider with no ties to the state or the Alleghenies. What did they expect?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Guess it didn't rain hard enough. :(

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Joe Pags Pagliarulo @JoeTalkShow wrote: President Trump bringing it in Pa. Loads of people bearing the bad weather to show their love for our country. #TrumpRallyPA
Eggtifa @TresBienMichele wrote: Fire department said 600.
:lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I thought the former guy hates loosers? He still did show up to a crowd thar would have had space in the ballroom of MAL?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The local news said just hundreds showed up. It didn't say how many hundreds, but I could take the 600 number. I've been to craft shows at those fairgrounds that had more people than that.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Was Oz there to hear the booing?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:35 pm https:// mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1523048469061337089
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦@RonFilipkowski
Mehmet Oz really doing his best to go full MAGA. Doesn’t seem to be working, but he’s trying hard.
11:13 PM · May 7, 2022
Tsk tsk tsk --- who was cuddling up with BFF Xi at the swamp residence and serving chocolate cake :?:

PS how take the risk of "damage" to the poster and stick an oversized pic of the couple over it? At least on one poster for a photo-op with press coverage..
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I voted yesterday, but clearly not for any of them.

I think John Fetterman can beat any of them.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

oh please...oh please...oh please...
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Pennsylvania GOP Senate candidate Kathy Barnette has called for banning Islam in America and said LGBTQ people 'lead with their sexual preference'
Bryan Metzger
Thu, May 12, 2022, 7:53 PM

Conservative commentator Kathy Barnette is surging in Pennsylvania's GOP Senate primary.

But Barnette, who could snag the party's nomination, has a history of Islamophobic and homophobic remarks.

Until now, the primary had been a head-to-head between Trump-endorsed Dr. Oz and David McCormick.

Kathy Barnette, a largely-unknown Pennsylvania Senate candidate, has been surging in support among Republican voters in recent polls with just days to go until next Tuesday's primary election.

But a review of the conservative commentator's public statements, including on social media, reveals a candidate with a history of Islamophobic and homophobic positions that may imperil Republicans' general election chances in the race to replace retiring Republican Sen. Pat Toomey.

Over the last several years, Barnette has called for the banning of Islam in America, falsely claimed that former President Barack Obama is Muslim, voiced support for a business owner who posted a "No Gays Allowed" sign in his front window, and declared that "homosexuals LEAD with their sexual preference" and should "leave [the] immorality in the bedroom."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pennsylvania ... 20275.html
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

They are all crazy, nasty people.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:23 am They are all crazy, nasty people.
Trying to outcrazy, outnasty each other.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yep!
raison de arizona

Lying Oz affiliated PAC lies, portrays the exact opposite of reality. News at 11.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

If you're ballsy enough to photoshop Cher into an ad for your diet pill scam, knowing full well you've never met the woman, well, you're ballsy enough. What a whore. (Oz, not Cher.)
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I really think this year's primary has seen the nastiest group of ads I've ever seen. This is the last weekend before the primary on Tuesday, so it's really picked up, even on channels where I would think I could escape them.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

This is the governor's race, not the Senate, but DFO backed Mastriano today.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm ... f940069193
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Donald Trump on Saturday endorsed Doug Mastriano in Pennsylvania’s Republican primary for governor, siding with a far-right candidate who was outside the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection and has worked with determination to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. Mastriano was already leading a crowded field of contenders, and the former president’s endorsement puts him on even stronger footing heading into Tuesday’s primary.

But there are growing fears from party leaders that Mastriano, a state senator and retired U.S. Army colonel, is too extreme to beat Democrat Josh Shapiro in November’s general election and could drag down other Republicans competing in the pivotal state. That includes a U.S. Senate contest in which Trump is trying to lift his endorsed candidate to victory in a highly competitive race. Mastriano has, for example, helped spread unsubstantiated claims from Trump and his allies that Democrats fraudulently stole the election for Joe Biden — something that Trump seized on in his endorsement statement.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Pennsylvania US Senate candidate Fetterman suffers stroke but says he's 'well on my way to a full recovery'
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/15/politics ... index.html
John Fetterman, Pennsylvania lieutenant governor and Democratic US Senate candidate, announced Sunday that he had a stroke and went to the hospital on Friday, but said in a statement, "I'm feeling much better, and the doctors tell me I didn't suffer any cognitive damage. I'm well on my way to a full recovery."

Pennsylvania's primary is on Tuesday, and Fetterman is the favorite to win the Democratic Senate contest, with polls showing him holding a significant lead over Rep. Conor Lamb and state Rep. Malcolm Kenyatta.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:bighug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug: :pray:

Return to “U.S. Senate”