Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 Pennsylvania Senate race

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:21 pm https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -candidate
Mehmet Oz, the Republican candidate for US Senate in Pennsylvania, risked mockery on Monday by giving the impression he believes the state, which is landlocked, has an Atlantic coastline.

“Pennsylvania is way is too important,” the celebrity doctor told the Fox News host Sean Hannity.

“And listen, this is important, we do not have a Republican senator north of North Carolina on the Atlantic coast, until you get to Maine, if I don’t hold this seat. There’s been a Republican senator in Pennsylvania most of my life, I’m gonna keep one here as well.”

:snippity: .

Philadelphia, the biggest city in Pennsylvania, is home to a huge and thriving port. But its shipping hub sits on the Delaware River, which empties into the Atlantic miles downstream between Delaware and New Jersey.

Oz’s Democratic opponent, John Fetterman, has already made hay on the campaign trail by pointing out that Oz has stronger ties to neighboring New Jersey than to Pennsylvania.
As the article states, Pennsylvania does not have any Atlantic coastline. The Delaware River is a tidal river, but that's not the same as being on the coast. Oz should have at least done a little homework before he ran.
He must have watched too much "All My Children." The shows setting, Pine Valley, PA, was a fictional suburb of Philadelphia and featured a lovely ocean shore where various mysterious strangers would wash-up or ssometim's someone from town would fall in and be swept away. Plus everyone loved to have parties at the beach. It was quite the running joke between AMC fans :rotflmao:
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I've been to the beach in PA, though it was on Lake Erie.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

tek wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:25 pm There's a state that's between Pennsylvania and the Atlantic coast. I can't remember that state's name right now, but it will come to me..

:batting:
Then you are his intended audience, because he wants everyone else to forget it, too. :pray:

:dance:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.today.com/news/elections/op ... -rcna55565

Oprah:
"If we do not show up to vote, if we do not get fired up in this moment, the people who will be in power will begin making decisions for us,” she said. “Decisions about how we care for our bodies, how we care for our kids, what books your children can read, who gets protected by the police and who gets targeted.”

“And right now, you have a say in these things we do,” she added.

During the tail end of her conversation, Winfrey announced her support of Democrat John Fetterman, who is running for Senate against Republican Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania.

She noted that there are "many reasons" why she was putting her support behind Fetterman over the celebrity doctor, but that he was not the only candidate she backed.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:48 pm https://www.today.com/news/elections/op ... -rcna55565

Oprah:
"If we do not show up to vote, if we do not get fired up in this moment, the people who will be in power will begin making decisions for us,” she said. “Decisions about how we care for our bodies, how we care for our kids, what books your children can read, who gets protected by the police and who gets targeted.”

“And right now, you have a say in these things we do,” she added.

During the tail end of her conversation, Winfrey announced her support of Democrat John Fetterman, who is running for Senate against Republican Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania.

She noted that there are "many reasons" why she was putting her support behind Fetterman over the celebrity doctor, but that he was not the only candidate she backed.
That is not the apology from Oprah I was looking for... He wouldn't be here if not for her elevating the snake oil salesman Oz to national fame. But she wants people to forget that he is her creation.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Among others.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Hang on now. When Oprah was flogging Oz ( :batting: among others), no one knew he was a quack, a dual-citizen, and correct me if I’m wrong, a puppy killer yet. Displaying him like she did must have given him some VIP ideas but she probably didn’t have a clue about his less attractive qualities.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:46 am Hang on now. When Oprah was flogging Oz ( :batting: among others), no one knew he was a quack, a dual-citizen, and correct me if I’m wrong, a puppy killer yet. Displaying him like she did must have given him some VIP ideas but she probably didn’t have a clue about his less attractive qualities.
Maybe she'll learn to vet her proteges a little more carefully in the future.

To be fair to Oprah, Oz being a New Jersey resident or being a dual citizen were not red flags for the purpose of putting him on her TV show. Being a quack and a puppy killer might have been show-stoppers, had she known.
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

noblepa wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:22 am
Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:46 am Hang on now. When Oprah was flogging Oz ( :batting: among others), no one knew he was a quack, a dual-citizen, and correct me if I’m wrong, a puppy killer yet. Displaying him like she did must have given him some VIP ideas but she probably didn’t have a clue about his less attractive qualities.
Maybe she'll learn to vet her proteges a little more carefully in the future.

To be fair to Oprah, Oz being a New Jersey resident or being a dual citizen were not red flags for the purpose of putting him on her TV show. Being a quack and a puppy killer might have been show-stoppers, had she known.
His quackiness started while he was still on her show/network, didn't it?

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I meant more that it wasn’t yet considered quackness back then. New Age was still new and somewhat shiny.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I think part of the problem is that you cant do 200 odd episodes a year on genuine health issues. There aren't enough health issues to fill that time. Sooner or later he would have go for "out there" stuff just to fill episodes.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Wait, I have 200 genuine health issues in a year, I think. :confuzzled:

Seems like, anyway. :violin:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:12 pm I meant more that it wasn’t yet considered quackness back then. New Age was still new and somewhat shiny.
That was more Dr Phil, her other medical malpractice. Oz was, at one time, a noted heart surgeon, I have no idea when he went into the herbal supplements/quack medicine business.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:31 pm Wait, I have 200 genuine health issues in a year, I think. :confuzzled:

How many bones does a bird have? I guess I will need to make me a chicken sammich :biggrin:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:05 pm :snippity:

How many bones does a bird have? I guess I will need to make me a chicken sammich :biggrin:
African or European....?

I'll see myself out...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Hello Mr. Policeman trying to have breakfast. Can I stand next to your table for a quick photo?
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:55 pm
Hello Mr. Policeman trying to have breakfast. Can I stand next to your table for a quick photo?
I mean, to his credit, if he were Herschel Walker, this would be "How do you do, fellow police officers?" :)

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’m not sure why I was so quick to defend Oprah’s guests. I think I watched the show a total of 8 times. Never did see the man from Jersey but Dr Phil once. :lol:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:55 pm
Are we absolutely sure those aren't Camden Police officers? :rotflmao:

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The best photo they could get was with the girl very obviously NOT looking at him? Hell the officers look like they could be pulling a Ignore Ivanka on him too.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

or plain photoshopped?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:31 pm Wait, I have 200 genuine health issues in a year, I think. :confuzzled:

Off Topic
I've recently hit my out-of-pocket max of $4,000. Neener.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The YT link to the original Coke ad is linked in the comments.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Kendra wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:32 am The YT link to the original Coke ad is linked in the comments.
It took way to long for me to figure out he was doing a play on that coke ad.

Aside from the overall poor quality and general idiocy of the ad, one big problem I see with it is that Oz is slamming Fetterman about not being up for the job because of his stroke, and the way he's walking at the start of the ad doesn't look as much like someone who was exhausted after getting in some good exercise, as it does like he was badly impaired by the stroke. I'd think he'd want to avoid doing anything that might call attention to the stroke.

Return to “U.S. Senate”