Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 Pennsylvania Senate race

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: U.S. Senate - Pennsylvania

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:15 pm Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 1.14.52 PM.png
Much easier to have a quicker count when you only have one or two races on a ballot. He also does not care how our elections work. The reason some races are known earlier is that the winner can be projected earlier as one is further ahead. In those cases, ballots are still being counted but no change is expected. When it is close, you don't know until every ballot is done.

Oh yeah, I suspected many places had same-day and paper ballots during the Truman/Dewey election.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm ... 4e36f42cfe
LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) — Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, the Democratic nominee in the state’s high-profile U.S. Senate contest, has been released from the hospital after a stay of more than a week following a stroke, his wife and his campaign said Sunday.

Fetterman, 52, won the Democratic nomination while in the hospital, easily beating U.S. Rep. Conor Lamb, just hours after undergoing surgery to implant a pacemaker with a defibrillator to help him recover. Fetterman has said the stroke was caused by a heart condition called atrial fibrillation.

“João is headed home — time to rest and recover (and annoy me)!” tweeted his wife, Gisele Fetterman, who was born in Brazil and often refers to her husband with the Portuguese translation of John. “I’m so grateful for the amazing staff at Lancaster General for taking such good care of him from start to finish.”

Fetterman said in a statement he was returning home to Braddock and “could not be happier to finally be heading home to be with my family.”
:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/across-p ... enate-race
PENNSYLVANIA — A recount has been officially announced by the Pennsylvania Department of State in the deadlocked Republican primary for U.S. Senate, with only a tiny margin separating celebrity doctor Mehmet Oz and former George W. Bush administration official David McCormick.

The announcement comes a day after McCormick's campaign filed a lawsuit in the Pennsylvania Supreme Court in an effort to mandate the counting of undated ballots. The effort has been staunchly opposed by President Donald Trump, who endorsed Oz, and the Republican National Committee, which claims that McCormick is using a Democratic tactic that would compromise election integrity.

The recount is expected to take weeks. The move has been long expected, as recounts are typically automatically triggered if the margin between two candidates is less than 0.5 percent. The margin between Oz and McCormick is just 902 votes, according to the latest unofficial returns.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Statements released re: Fetterman's health. Dude has bad judgement, in medical matters at least. Still better than anything the R's put up fo shure though.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

A politician who takes responsibility for his mistakes, that's refreshing. Hope he sticks to the plan.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:09 pm A politician who takes responsibility for his mistakes, that's refreshing. Hope he sticks to the plan.
Can you imagine tfg releasing a medical statement like that?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I got an email from him saying basically the same thing. I'm supporting him with a monthly donation.
raison de arizona

Blaming his wife is a pretty bad take.
► Show Spoiler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

McCormick just conceded to Oz. It will be Fetterman v Oz.

There was a short break, but I've started seeing political ads for and against Fetterman. They are definitely tying him to Bernie.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

So a woman complaining about white male privilege goes on to say she treats her husband like an irresponsible child by doing everything for him? Did I get that right?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That's how I saw it.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:49 pm That's how I saw it.
Mois trois!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Caption that picture.

“Mehmet Oz, groveling for votes”
Or “…for Trump” works, too.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Sticker offered by the Fetterman campaign today.

:rotflmao:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I still blame Oprah for this mess. Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil were both her doing. But, hey she made bank so she didn't care she was elevating a couple of quacks.
Lani

Post by Lani »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:31 am I still blame Oprah for this mess. Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil were both her doing. But, hey she made bank so she didn't care she was elevating a couple of quacks.
I remember that! I stop watching her.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Lani wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:44 am
neonzx wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:31 am I still blame Oprah for this mess. Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil were both her doing. But, hey she made bank so she didn't care she was elevating a couple of quacks.
I remember that! I stop watching her.
Same here. Also, when she came out with her magazine that ended up having her on every cover, that was the final nail. ME. ME. ME. Only me.
raison de arizona

No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen @NoLieWithBTC wrote: NEW: On the day of New Jersey’s primary, Democratic Pennsylvania Senate candidate John Fetterman just pointed out that Dr. Oz is still registered to vote in New Jersey—and voted in New Jersey in 2020.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/elect ... 20608.html
Pennsylvania’s recount is over, and the results are clear: The vote count was accurate the first time. Mehmet Oz beat David McCormick by less than 1,000 votes in the Republican Senate primary — roughly the same margin as after the votes were first counted. The numbers budged ever so slightly in some counties. But they didn’t change in any significant way. The recount didn’t magically find new votes, or expose major errors or any fraud.

Elections officials and experts said the fact that the numbers barely shifted — in counties big and small, Democratic and Republican — should build public trust. “The recount tells us that we should absolutely have faith and confidence in our elections,” said Lisa Deeley, the Democratic chief of elections for Philadelphia, the state’s largest and bluest county. “Every election, I make sure that those numbers are right. So the recount’s really not going to change anything,” said Florence Kellett, the Republican elections director for Wyoming County, a red county that’s one of Pennsylvania’s smallest.

“People can be really confident that the results are the results, and they’re not going to change very much,” said Thad Hall, a registered independent who runs elections in Mercer County, a mid-sized Republican county. Oz gained one vote in Philly, none in Wyoming County, and two in Mercer. McCormick lost two votes in Philly and saw his numbers stay exactly the same in Wyoming and Mercer.
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Carpet bag much?
raison de arizona

A man of the people.
Mary Spano 🇺🇸 @MarySpano wrote: Just a guy shopping at Costco this morning. @JohnFetterman looks great, feels great and is leading in the polls. Our next PA Senator!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That's my Costco! :lol:

Return to “U.S. Senate”