2022 Pennsylvania Senate race

Kendra

Re: U.S. Senate - Pennsylvania

Post by Kendra »

:notlistening:

Lara Trump is outraged Biden removed Herschel Walker and Mehmet Oz from the Council on Sports, Fitness and Nutrition, saying it will deprive the council of “the best minds” to “decide things.” “Unfortunately, they politicize everything.”
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

A council or other board chosen to give advice to the government or potus is not political in its nature? :confuzzled:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Dr Oz says he’s been talking with Herschel Walker and says once they become Senators, they will investigate politically motivated firings
tek

Post by tek »

Off Topic
hoo boy, a conversation between Dr. Oz and Herschel Walker.
SNL material right there..
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Well, the Trump crime family and, by extension, their lackeys, have never had much respect for the Hatch Act, which says that Federal employees (and members of the Council on Physical Fitness are Federal employees) can not be candidates in partisan elections.

It is the violation of the Hatch Act, not their links to Trump, that caused them to be fired from the Council.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The links to Tmurp didn't hurt, though.
Hic sunt dracones
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

bob wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:07 pm FWIW, some on the bird site aren't going to vote Dr. Oz because he isn't a natural-born citizen. :roll:

(He is, and members of Congress don't have to be natural-born citizens to serve.)
We don't need to tell them that, though, right? :)
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ump-oz-pa/
Former president Donald Trump on Saturday jumped into a high-stakes intraparty contest, endorsing fellow television celebrity-turned-politician Mehmet Oz in the contested Republican primary for the U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania, where the leading candidates jockeyed aggressively for Trump’s support.

Trump issued a statement announcing the endorsement just as he was beginning his remarks at an evening rally in North Carolina, where he promoted his support for Oz and referenced their shared history as television stars.

“By the way, I endorsed another person today — Dr. Oz in Pennsylvania," Trump told the crowd. "Dr. Oz. Great guy, good man. He’s a good man. Harvard educated, tremendous, tremendous career and they liked him for a long time. That’s like a poll. You know, when you’re in television for 18 years, that’s like a poll, that means people like you.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Rolling Stone headline:
Estiveoshot_20220411_041350.jpg
Image Image Image Image
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I never paid much attention to daytime tv or tv docs so I didn't know anything about him. But I am a big Cher fan and saw her do an interview where she nailed Oz to the wall for photoshopping a picture of her next to him on stage as he sold fake diet pills. Can't find that exact interview but I did find this.

Fuck the bastard.

My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

There's a lot of opposition ads against him right now. But it's just the primary. One of the others has been talking about his relationship with DFO, but he stopped just short of claiming he was the chosen one.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

I see that there is a new Franklin & Marshall poll out this morning showing Fetterman with a commanding lead. Is it too late for Conor Lamb to drop out and run for re-election to Congress?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I don't know the answer to that, but I know I am voting for Fedderman. I've voted for Lamb in the past, but give me that choice, and it wasn't a tough decision.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The Republican Accountability Project @AccountableGOP wrote: Anyone suggesting that Trump is losing his grip on the GOP should watch these highlights from tonight's PA Republican Senate debate.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:sick:

There is one candidate here, not running for Senate, named Steve Irwin. He is a Democrat, and I am so impressed with his advertising. It's all about what he's going to do and how he will help President Biden, with no mention of his opponent, and absolutely not an attack ad. It's a breath of fresh air.

These others, I can't grab the remote and hit mute fast enough.
raison de arizona

This is a shot at Oz, yes? Where does Oz live?
John Fetterman @JohnFetterman wrote: Call me old fashioned, but I think if you’re going to represent Pennsylvania in the U.S. Senate, you should *actually* live in Pennsylvania.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

New Joisy.
Edit: eta: but he's registered to vote at his in-laws house in PA
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

There are some pretty nasty ads against Oz, but I haven't seen anything attacking his carpetbagger status. That surprises me.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:03 pm There are some pretty nasty ads against Oz, but I haven't seen anything attacking his carpetbagger status. That surprises me.
Prpbably would open other republican carpet baggers up to attack, so they dont want to go there.
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Suranis wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:45 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:03 pm There are some pretty nasty ads against Oz, but I haven't seen anything attacking his carpetbagger status. That surprises me.
Prpbably would open other republican carpet baggers up to attack, so they dont want to go there.
That's true. There's at least one other one in the race.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:49 pm :snippity:

That's true. There's at least one other one in the race.
[/quote]

Walker here in GA is kind of one, born and grew up here, but hasn't lived here since he left UGA...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen @NoLieWithBTC wrote: NEW: A new photo showing Dr. Oz voting in the 2018 Turkish election just surfaced after Oz claimed he has “never been politically involved in Turkey in any capacity.” National security experts are now warning that he would likely be denied security clearances as a senator.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Whoa! The primary is only two weeks away. I don't know how much difference it will make, as he has the DFO's blessing, but it could make some.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:10 pm
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen @NoLieWithBTC wrote: NEW: A new photo showing Dr. Oz voting in the 2018 Turkish election just surfaced after Oz claimed he has “never been politically involved in Turkey in any capacity.” National security experts are now warning that he would likely be denied security clearances as a senator.
This would end his campaign in nearby New York state. Of course, nothing is sacred any more, so how this affects his electability (not at all, improves it, diminishes it) will just be an interesting factoid
raison de arizona

Return to “U.S. Senate”