2022 Pennsylvania Senate race

AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: U.S. Senate - Pennsylvania

Post by AndyinPA »

He's well known in the state. He was sort of famous for being the mayor of Braddock (a little town right outside Pittsburgh), and he's been Lt. Governor for the last four years.

I have some sort of degree of separation with him. My granddaughter went to Waldorf School, a private progressive school, for pre-school. His son was in the same class, and she attended his birthday party at their home in Braddock. Not really very noteworthy for me.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:41 pm Hey, I love the guy, love the stunts, but let me take a breath. Won't this get old?
It does to us. But it's not targeted at us. It's targeted at the people who would vote for Oz and need to keep being hammered on the messaging that he is an outsider.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I get his supporters love it. I was wondering if the undecideds will start rolling their eyes.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:32 am I get his supporters love it. I was wondering if the undecideds will start rolling their eyes.
I'm baffled how anyone can be undecided between two such polar opposites. It's not even about party affiliation, it's about the choice between dog food and doberge. Regardless of what your political leanings are, the candidates are so far apart there isn't even any middle ground for the undecideds. It's a mystery.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:39 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:32 am I get his supporters love it. I was wondering if the undecideds will start rolling their eyes.
I'm baffled how anyone can be undecided between two such polar opposites. It's not even about party affiliation, it's about the choice between dog food and doberge. Regardless of what your political leanings are, the candidates are so far apart there isn't even any middle ground for the undecideds. It's a mystery.
The county I know best went 71 percent for Trump, 27 percent for Biden (the rest Libertarian, write-ins, etc.) in 2020. 2016 was about the same, although Clinton got less than Biden (25 percent). Trump, and Oz, exemplifies their values. Such as they are. What I wonder is if they'll hold their noses and vote for Oz or sit it out. And no one I know is checking out Twitter. They get their "news" from Fox-for several hours a day.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

It's difficult to decide which is my favorite Senate race, this one or Georgia.

I mean, Herschel is so dumb, such a compulsive liar, and isn't capable of doing the job of a US Senator at any level, but Oz would learn a lot in order to fuck things up.

Tough choice, to hell with both of them. :think:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:58 am It's difficult to decide which is my favorite Senate race, this one or Georgia.

I mean, Herschel is so dumb, such a compulsive liar, and isn't capable of doing the job of a US Senator at any level, but Oz would learn a lot in order to fuck things up.

Tough choice, to hell with both of them. :think:
Did Oprah endorse her boy, Oz? She made a ton of money off him. Why have we heard nothing from her this election cycle -- she was pretty vocal in the 2020 cycle -- now she is ghost.
Lani

Post by Lani »

neonzx wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:09 am
Did Oprah endorse her boy, Oz? She made a ton of money off him. Why have we heard nothing from her this election cycle -- she was pretty vocal in the 2020 cycle -- now she is ghost.
Oprah voices ad for Maryland candidate for governor Wes Moore
https://wtop.com/elections/2022/07/opra ... wes-moore/
Former talk show host and media magnate Oprah Winfrey has cut a new ad for Maryland Democratic candidate for governor Wes Moore, less than two weeks before the state’s primaries.

The ad, a 30-second bio spot, will run online and on television. In the ad, Winfrey talks about Moore’s upbringing and calls him “the type of transformational leader that these times demand.”

This ad was launched with a six-figure ad buy; two other ads from Moore went up on the air in the past two months, and the campaign has been the top spender on advertisements so far in the race, with almost $3 million spent so far, according to data from AdImpact.
He won his primary and will face Trump endorsed Dan Cox. I bet Winfrey will continue to support Moore throughout the campaign.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:09 am Did Oprah endorse her boy, Oz? She made a ton of money off him. Why have we heard nothing from her this election cycle -- she was pretty vocal in the 2020 cycle -- now she is ghost.
Amee Vanderpool @girlsreallyrule wrote: ...and for all of you saying that you *just* want her to comment on it, you are lying to yourselves. You want more than that-you want Oprah to stop him somehow. But, that is the job of the electorate.

Case in point: "Winfrey said through a spokesperson, 'One of the great things about our democracy is that every citizen can decide to run for public office. Mehmet Oz has made that decision. And now it’s up to the residents of Pennsylvania to decide who will represent them.'"
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:07 pm Mehmet Oz has made that decision. And now it’s up to the residents of Pennsylvania to decide who will represent them.
A resident of Pennsylvania or that guy from Joisey who can't spell or pronounce Susquehanna.
raison de arizona

The Hill @thehill wrote: .@NewtGingrich: "[John] Fetterman took down the American flag in his office in the [Pennsylvania] Capitol to put up the marijuana flag and the Gay Pride flag. [...] Tells you about as much about wokeness as you need to know."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

He says that like it's a bad thing.

ImageImageImage x4
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

My God, has everyone seen this? It is effing brilliant

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Wow! If they can cut that down to 60 seconds for a network spot, I'll chip in.

ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Yeah, I don't know who this Winston is, but I don't care if Armenian genocide denial is fairly mainstream or not in Turkey. Oz isn't in Oz Turkey anymore, and around these here parts, it's a Bad Thingtm.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I think that when Oz gets really desperate we're going to be highly entertained. :biggrin:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:51 am I think that when Oz gets really desperate we're going to be highly entertained. :biggrin:
Perhaps, but unless he starts jumping up-and-down on Oprah's couch, I am not going to be entertained.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Re: 2022 Pennsylvania Senate race

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Edited thread title for consistency across the 2022 US Senate elections subforum
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Ouch.

raison de arizona

I believe Fetterman is going to smoke Oz, barring some sort of disaster like another stroke. And even then, he'll probably still smoke Oz.
Dan Grzybek @Dan_Grzybek wrote: Just saw my first direct example of the @JohnFetterman trolling translating into votes while canvassing. An independent told me he was voting for John because "Snooki supports him so that's good enough for me."

Didn't think clarification was necessary, but this is Twitter so I should have known better. The voter was clearly being tongue in cheek, but he also enjoyed Fetterman's online persona. Thankfully, I don't think future candidates need to court the Snooki electorate.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Question: when has a candidate to physically take residence in the state he / she is running for (i guess rules will differ among states) and not only hiding behind a postbox at a barn.
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:15 pm Question: when has a candidate to physically take residence in the state he / she is running for (i guess rules will differ among states) and not only hiding behind a postbox at a barn.
I dunno, ask Josh Hawley. ;) The U.S. Constitution just says a resident at the time of the election.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:17 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:15 pm Question: when has a candidate to physically take residence in the state he / she is running for (i guess rules will differ among states) and not only hiding behind a postbox at a barn.
I dunno, ask Josh Hawley. ;) The U.S. Constitution just says a resident at the time of the election.
He's living in a strip plaza? How does that work for code?

Return to “U.S. Senate”