Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Media Moves

Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

https://www.thewrap.com/cnn-this-mornin ... ws_7203439
Just months after launch, “CNN This Morning” executive producer Eric Hall is leaving the top slot of the rebooted a.m. program hosted by Don Lemon, Poppy Harlow and Kaitlin Collins.

A network insider told TheWrap that during a meeting today the staff of “CNN This Morning” was informed by Ryan Kadro, CEO Chris Licht’s No. 2, that Hall would be exiting the program and moving to ‘CNN Tonight’ hosted by Laura Coates.

As TheWrap previously reported, Licht is in desperate need of solid results that can win over the trust of a weary and wary staff who have been shaken by the changes he has made since taking over the news network last spring under new corporate owner Warner Bros. Discovery.
Simple, bring back John Berman and Brianna Kielar and New Day. I never minded/had issues with Lemon and his cohosts in their other incarnations, but I loathe this new show and refuse to watch. I'll listen to Morning Joe or worse - Fox and Friends - before this. Better yet, just sleep through it all.
Volkonski
Verified:

Media Moves

Post by Volkonski »

Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman@mstdn.social
As potential layoffs loom at Daily Kos -- myself included among nearly 30% of our staff -- I write on behalf of the Daily Kos Guild tonight:

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2023/1/2 ... er-for-now
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Media Moves

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:49 pm Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman@mstdn.social
As potential layoffs loom at Daily Kos -- myself included among nearly 30% of our staff -- I write on behalf of the Daily Kos Guild tonight:

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2023/1/
Page not found! (404)
Volkonski
Verified:

Media Moves

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MN-Skeptic

Media Moves

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Katie Robertson
@katie_robertson

BREAKING: Rupert Murdoch withdraws Fox and News Corp merger proposal
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Media Moves

Post by RTH10260 »

MN-Skeptic

Media Moves

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Also, an article about the situation -

DirecTV Drops Newsmax as Conservative Lawmakers Protest
Conservative network Newsmax has been dropped from DirecTV as of 11:50 PM EST Tuesday.

DirecTV confirmed the decision, saying the network is no longer broadcast on DirecTV, DirecTV Stream or U-Verse, with the decision made due to Newsmax’s “demands for rate increases.”

“On multiple occasions, we made it clear to Newsmax that we wanted to continue to offer the network, but ultimately Newsmax’s demands for rate increases would have led to significantly higher costs that we would have to pass on to our broad customer base. Anyone, including our customers, can watch the network for free via NewsmaxTV.com, YouTube.com and on multiple streaming platforms like Amazon Fire TV, Roku, and Google Play. We continually evaluate the most relevant programming to provide our customers and expect to fill this available channel with new content,” a DirecTV spokesperson said in a statement.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Media Moves

Post by neonzx »

That's a damn shame. It is my elder uncle's favorite channel on DirecTV.

I should give him a call. :twisted:
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/kaitl ... c2e6e8501b
'Kaitlan Collins Won't Play Second Fiddle!': CNN's Don Lemon Struggling To Share Spotlight With Morning Show Co-Stars After Primetime Swap
Story by Radar Online • Yesterday 4:00 PM

CNN's Don Lemon is struggling to share the limelight with his morning show co-stars after bidding farewell to his primetime show, insiders close to the TV personality alleged about the behind-the-scenes tension.

RadarOnline.com can exclusively report on the secret drama between Lemon, Kaitlan Collins, and Poppy Harlow that is rumored to be causing a stir on-set.

Not only is the former night owl adjusting to a new work schedule that has him rising before the crack of dawn, but he is also getting used to a change in the dynamic.

"Don went into this thinking of himself as Beyoncé and his co-hosts as his backup dancers," claimed the insider, alleging that was hardly the case once the show began.

"That attitude did not fly — especially with Kaitlan. She won't play second fiddle to Don."
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

Rep. Jeff Van Drew says DirecTV dropping Newsmax "is what happens in authoritarian regimes. It doesn't happen in America." He says he is going to push for congressional hearings.
Who has been drinking the :koolaid: now? :crazy: :tinfoil:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Media Moves

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:31 pm https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1618657542183452678
Rep. Jeff Van Drew says DirecTV dropping Newsmax "is what happens in authoritarian regimes. It doesn't happen in America." He says he is going to push for congressional hearings.
Who has been drinking the :koolaid: now? :crazy: :tinfoil:
How true, authoritarian regimes would have long shut down NewsMax and lined up its speaking heads. That didn't happen in America. All is well.
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

Another one.

Mary Miller denounces Direct TV canceling Newsmax: “This is also an attack on Members of Congress .. It’s been a reliable source of information to millions of people.”
p0rtia

Media Moves

Post by p0rtia »

Hmmm, I think I see the problrem....
sugar magnolia

Media Moves

Post by sugar magnolia »

About twice a year our local CBS station runs a huge banner across their website telling us to call/write the cable people because they are going to drop their channel. They irritate us with a web banner and NewsMax wants a Congressional investigation? Drive thumbtacks with a sledgehammer much?
MN-Skeptic

Media Moves

Post by MN-Skeptic »

It looks like DirectTV will be adding The First to replace NewsMax. One of its host is Bill O'Reilly. :vomit:
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

https://nypost.com/2023/02/02/don-lemon ... f-sources/
Tensions on the set of “CNN This Morning” have recently boiled over, with Don Lemon allegedly “screaming” at co-host Kaitlan Collins off-camera during an ugly December incident that has left the cast and crew rattled ever since, The Post has learned.

According to two sources with knowledge of the situation, 56-year-old Lemon approached 30-year-old Collins following the show’s Thursday, Dec. 8, broadcast — and unloaded on her in front of staffers as he accused her of “interrupting” him on air.

“Don screamed at Kaitlan, who was visibly upset and ran out of the studio,” one source with knowledge of the skirmish said.

News of the explosive incident made its way up to CNN CEO Chris Licht, who is said to have been appalled by Lemon’s behavior, according to a source. A second source said a producer talked to Lemon at the behest of Licht and told the anchor to take the next day off to “cool off.”

:snippity:
A rep from CNN declined to comment on the incident but said: “In just three months, these anchors have created a compelling morning show that breaks news and drives the conversation.”
IMHO, I disagree, this new show is so dire, I'll watch Morning Joe and/or Fox and Friends before watching this. YMMV.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Media Moves

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... fake-news/
Awakening from a traditional media hibernation, House Republicans have begun to blitz the airwaves they previously shunned with brushoffs about the “lamestream media.”

On any given day now, the new GOP majority posts a half-dozen or more members on CNN and MSNBC — two networks that increasingly became no-go zones for conservative lawmakers in the Trumpian era of “fake news” attacks. Republicans have appeared on streaming network news shows online and done interviews on those nightly news shows for cable.

Take last Sunday, when 2.5 million viewers of NBC’s “Meet the Press” saw the first appearance in almost four years by the archconservative Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio). Viewers to ABC’s “This Week” and “Fox News Sunday” heard from a pair of prominent House Republicans, Reps. Michael R. Turner (Ohio) and Michael McCaul (Tex.). And on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) laid out his expectations for Wednesday’s meeting with President Biden — making his first traditional Sunday appearance in almost two years, according to a Washington Post review of these talk show transcripts.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Media Moves

Post by p0rtia »

...and they don't do very well outside their Protective Bubble AKA Alternate Universe.
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... 2e0236ac9b
You could cut the tension with a knife. Don Lemon and Kaitlan Collins reunited in the iciest of all reunions for CNN This Morning on Monday, days after it was revealed the network's golden boy went "ballistic" on staff when his blowup with his 30-year-old co-star was exposed, RadarOnline.comhas learned.

Lemon, 56, looked uncomfortable sitting in the co-anchor chair alongside Collins when the two joined their third co-star Poppy Harlow to interview actor-turned-philanthropist Kal Penn to talk about recycling. During the interview, Lemon nearly interrupted Collins, which is allegedly why he blew up on her in December.
New Turtle

Media Moves

Post by New Turtle »

Kaitlan is a straight news lady, she doesn't belong on a morning show, she should be getting Jake Tapper's time slots.
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

New Turtle wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:32 pm Kaitlan is a straight news lady, she doesn't belong on a morning show, she should be getting Jake Tapper's time slots.
Agreed. I can't bear to watch this show at all, nothing compared to what John Berman and Alysyn and then Brianna gave us. If I'm awake, I'll watch Morning Joe and Willie Geiss (sp?) Monday morning sports backing and/or Fox before I'll watch this show. And I always switch channels when Tapper is on. JMHO.
RVInit

Media Moves

Post by RVInit »

New Turtle wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:32 pm Kaitlan is a straight news lady, she doesn't belong on a morning show, she should be getting Jake Tapper's time slots.
:yeahthat: :yeahthat:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/viewe ... aba085b213
Viewers Abandon Don Lemon After His Abusive Meltdown At Costar Kaitlan Collins: CNN’s Embattled ‘This Morning’ Has Lowest-Rated Time Slow In A Decade
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Media Moves

Post by Frater I*I »

Kendra wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:35 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/viewe ... aba085b213
Viewers Abandon Don Lemon After His Abusive Meltdown At Costar Kaitlan Collins: CNN’s Embattled ‘This Morning’ Has Lowest-Rated Time Slow In A Decade
High class editors at msn.com :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Media Moves

Post by Slarti the White »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:37 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:35 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/viewe ... aba085b213
High class editors at msn.com :bored:
I've been noticing that the quality of editing has been going down across the board in journalism. Spilling errors occur early and often even from outlets that were once very good at policing themselves.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”