Media Moves

AndyinPA
Verified:

Media Moves

Post by AndyinPA »

I noticed the same thing with Velshi this morning. He was not there (in Israel), but the program that was on did not have his name on it. There has been some of that lately. I am also basically not watching. I always pull back when it's this kind of stuff. After 911, I was done with the TV after about 24 hours. I just can't take that kind of thing non-stop, and this is the same.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Media Moves

Post by Suranis »

I remember saying on RC Radio that there simply isn't enough news for 24 hours, and especially not on the very limited amount of subjects that cable covers to save money. That's why the News programmes on standard channels devour Cable news 5 times over - because they do everything once and move on.

I think The Cable news channels just rely on outrage addicts, which keeps the existing audiance glued but does drives off the uninitiated.

If you do want an actual News service I suggest looking at France News 24, which does good international news. It basically has a half hour show that repeats on the hour and then have special reports on various topics. It wont do in depth American News, but thats no harm to take a break from it.

https://www.france24.com/en/

https://www.france24.com/en/how-to-watch-on-tv

Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Media Moves

Post by northland10 »

I am another who does not watch the news channels and I expect those who are younger than I to watch it even less.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

Nicolle Wallace host of Deadline White House calls in to share the news that her family welcomed Isabella Sloane Schmidt into the world
Nov. 21, 2023
Surrogate? She says she wasn't pregnant and talked about the hospital, so that's the best guess, but it's really not our business. Congrats to the happy parents.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Media Moves

Post by AndyinPA »

Nice. I was wondering where she was. I guess she will be gone for a while. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Media Moves

Post by sugar magnolia »

Kendra wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:57 pm
Nicolle Wallace host of Deadline White House calls in to share the news that her family welcomed Isabella Sloane Schmidt into the world
Nov. 21, 2023
Surrogate? She says she wasn't pregnant and talked about the hospital, so that's the best guess, but it's really not our business. Congrats to the happy parents.
“I wasn’t pregnant,” she said after revealing she was able to keep growing her family under wraps until the baby was born via surrogate. “I’m so happy to share our happy news today,” she said.
https://people.com/msnbc-host-nicolle-w ... .%E2%80%9D
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Media Moves

Post by Kriselda Gray »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:47 pm Nice. I was wondering where she was. I guess she will be gone for a while. :bighug:
She said she'd be gone for about two months, but wanted to assure everyone she is going to return
AndyinPA
Verified:

Media Moves

Post by AndyinPA »

I totally missed the video. Thanks!
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

Congrats to the new parents. @ Sugar, thanks for the link.
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/msnbc ... 646f&ei=21
MSNBC is shaking up its weekend schedule as CNN's Saturday and Sunday offerings continue to provide strong competition.

The NBCUniversal cable-news outlet plans to a launch a new panel show, "The Weekend," co-moderated by Alicia Menendez, Symone Sanders-Townsend and Michael Steele that will air Saturdays and Sundays from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., and will cancel a nighttime show anchored by the outspoke Mehdi Hasan. Those move will not only consolidate anchors who had been active on the weekend schedule in their own time slots, but leave room for broad change.

MSNBC's weekend schedule has long been edged out by CNN among viewers between 25 and 54 - the audience most coveted by advertisers in news programming. CNN launched a new Saturday-morning lineup in November featuring Victor Blackwell,. Chris Wallace and Christiane Amanpour, and paced ahead of MSNBC in both that demographic and total viewers, according to recent data from Nielsen. CNN's weekend afternoons are also winning more viewers than the same time periods at MSNBC.

MSNBC has for months worked to expand its roster of opinion hosts on weekends, tamping down straight news programming. But many of the cable giants have begun to focus more intently on news as advertisers balk at aligning themselves with single-host opinion shows that often draw the scrutiny of advocacy groups. Jen Psaki, who avoids the hammer-and-tong oratory used by many primetime news hosts, recently saw her purview at MSNBC expand to Monday.
:snippity:
Alex Witt, one of the longest-serving news anchors on MSNBC, gets new hours to fill, with an expanded 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. slot on both Saturday and Sunday. Yasmin Vossoughian, who had been doing news in the afternoons, will focus solely on working as a national reporter for MSNBC. Both Jonathan Capehart and Katie Phang will see their programs move - Phang to noon on Saturdays and Capehart to 6 p.m. on both weekend evenings.
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/0 ... zyV8OdcXag
MSNBC host Mehdi Hasan announced Sunday night that he is leaving the network “to look for a new challenge.”

Hasan’s departure comes after it was announced in November that MSNBC was canceling his show amid a broader reshuffling of the network’s weekend programming lineup, drawing backlash from progressive lawmakers and activists.

“Yes, I’ve decided to leave,” Hasan said at the end of his final show. “To be clear, I am so proud. So, so proud of what we’ve achieved on this show, on this network. And I can’t thank you enough for tuning in and for your support and for your feedback. But as I say, New Year, new plans.”

MSNBC confirmed Hasan’s departure in a statement to POLITICO.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Media Moves

Post by AndyinPA »

A real loss for MSNBC.
p0rtia

Media Moves

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

And a clear sign that MSNBC is, in general, as disinterested in journalism as any other TV network if it means including opinions that offend white Christofascists.
RVInit

Media Moves

Post by RVInit »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:35 pm :yeahthat:

And a clear sign that MSNBC is, in general, as disinterested in journalism as any other TV network if it means including opinions that offend white Christofascists.
:winner: Also, we can't challenge the Israeli GOVERNMENT without being accused of antisemitism. Baby boomers, who are the only ones who watch cable news anymore, were fed a steady diet of Israeli government = 100% angel and Palestinians are all 100% terrorists, even the newborn babies. I grew up hearing that shit constantly. And now that same bullshit is being pushed onto the younger generations. Thanks, Hamas.

Oh, yeah, I forgot...thanks Obama. Thanks Biden. /s
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Media Moves

Post by Luke »

Brooke Baldwin is hosting Netflix's The Trust, a reality show with contestants vying to have a piece of a $250K prize pool. She looks great. Only the 1st 4 episodes have dropped; the next 4 are Jan 17. Quite a change from the news business, she must have enjoyed the light workload in a tropical paradise with no MAGAs yelling at her. :P
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Media Moves

Post by Luke »

HOO-RAY!

NEW: Jon Stewart will return to "The Daily Show" as its executive producer and host on Monday evenings through the 2024 election cycle.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
jemcanada2

Media Moves

Post by jemcanada2 »

Jon Stewart!

:lovestruck: :lovestruck:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Media Moves

Post by AndyinPA »

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Media Moves

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Media Moves

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/cnn-p ... 5872&ei=28
CNN has shaken up its struggling lineup once again, with Jim Acosta moving to weekdays and the New York-based morning production team being disbanded.

The long-troubled "CNN This Morning," which was the brainchild of since-fired CEO Chris Licht, will now be hosted by Kasie Hunt at 5-7 a.m. ET, with current anchors Poppy Harlow and Phil Mattingly being pushed aside. CNN says Harlow and Mattingly are being considered for other roles at the network that "showcase their talents and work well for them."

"CNN News Central," anchored by John Berman, Kate Bolduan and Sara Sidner, will air in the 7-10 a.m. ET slot and Acosta will anchor at 10 a.m., followed by Pamela Brown at 11 a.m.
Kendra

Media Moves

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ec15&ei=19

Former CNN political analyst and anchor John Avlon announced on Wednesday that he is running for Congress in New York’s First Congressional District after departing the network earlier this month.

In a video posted on social media declaring his candidacy, Avlon sounded the alarm on the state of the U.S. democracy.

Early in his career, Avlon was the chief speechwriter of former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani. He is also a co-founder of the No Labels centrist political movement.

Avlon is married to conservative commentator Margaret Hoover, who hosts the “Firing Line” on PBS. The couple has two children.
From Wiki:
Margaret Claire Hoover (born December 11, 1977) is an American conservative political commentator, political strategist, media personality, author, and great-granddaughter of Herbert Hoover, the 31st U.S. president.[1] She is author of the book American Individualism: How A New Generation of Conservatives Can Save the Republican Party, published by Crown Forum in 2011. Hoover hosts PBS's reboot of the conservative interview show Firing Line.

I will miss him on CNN, loved it when John and Margaret were on air with their comments and commentary.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Media Moves

Post by AndyinPA »

I got an email from The Guardian today saying that Mehdi Hasan has joined their staff.
p0rtia

Media Moves

Post by p0rtia »

Glad he's found a home. Thanks!
John Thomas8

Media Moves

Post by John Thomas8 »

Peter King (NFL sports writer) is retiring:

I’m retiring*. I use an asterisk because I truly don’t know what the future holds for me. I probably will work at something, but as I write this I have no idea what it will be. Maybe it will be something in the media world, but just not Football Morning in America (nee Monday Morning Quarterback).

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/news/pete ... orytelling

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”